SCI*Stamps.com / fraud

I have received a pending charge on my debit account for $17.94 from sci*stamps.com. I know this is fraudulent because I have barely used my card for anything lately and have only been paying cash. When I typed sci*stamps.com into my browser, I came across this site and others saying it is a scam.

Ma

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008

I too just opened my credit card statement to find a charge of $15.94 from SCI*STAMPS.COM. I have not used these credit card to make an online purchase since 2007. An obvious scam which I will be contesting.

• Ge
      20th of Oct, 2008

I JUST CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT AND I HAVE THE SAME $17.94 PENDING ON MY ACCOUNT. I WILL BE ON THE PHONE WITH MY BANK 1ST THING IN THE MORNING. I WILL CLOSE MY ACCOUNT IF I HAVE TO

• Gl
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I to have went on line and there is a charge to my account for $17.94, I have no Idea what this company is or would have order onything from them..
    This has to stop..

2nd of Dec, 2008

How did these people get my credit card number? My card is in my wallet all the time and they signed me up for stamps, gevalia.com coffee & more ( There was a bundle of fraudulent bills that hit this month) so they must operate as a team--they need incarcerating vacation together.

• Li
      24th of Jan, 2009

I have never used this site nor have I ever ordered anything from them. what is going on this is really unscruplous for the people that work for a living and then someone gets your account debit card and use it for there personal gain. How come these people have not been prosecuted there acts of thief. I am discussed with the way these work . This occurred on Jan. 17, 2009 and I had not ordered anything from the internet this month.

• Se
      4th of Feb, 2009

I have received a total of $107.70 in bogus charges on my credit card from Stamps.com. After the first charge, they told me that were going to refund my card and even gave me a "confirmation number." I did not receive a refund, in fact they charged me AGAIN.

I called to complain a couple of times. They told me that "so and so" dropped the ball and that's why I didn't get my first refund. And they said I got charged again because I actually have TWO accounts with them linked to this credit card and they were both past due. Again, they gave me confirmation numbers for the refunds and for the cancellation of the accounts.

If I don't see the refunds hit my statement by Friday I am going to dispute all the charges and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. You should too if you cannot get satisfaction from Stamps.com. The URL is

• Xn
      11th of Feb, 2009

What the ****? I signed up for stamp.com in november and their service didn't work for mac. There is no login on their website to access any billing info. Their help page suggests that we MUST use the downloaded client provided by stamp.com... Out of nowhere im hit with a 17.99 fee...

• Do
      11th of Feb, 2009

Likewise, my January bank statement has a $17.99 charge. I will issue a complaint to my bank and have payment stopped.

• Jr
      17th of Feb, 2009

Checking my account today showed the same $17.94 pending charge. I found this site (and many others like it) by Google'ing SCI*STAMPS.COM. There were a few other unknown/unauthorized charges pending as well - a total of $25+. I called my bank right away and they were able to tell me which debit card was used (joint account -- 2 debit cards) and that it looks like the companies must have shared my information and all charged me on the same day - odd coincidence, I think. I requested that my card be cancelled and my bank rep gave me a bunch of 800-numbers to call to cancel the "subscriptions". Otherwise, they will simply charge me again next month. I told him that I never signed up for any of these services and that I wanted to cancel my card. If they want to try to recharge that card again next month - so be it; the number won't work anymore. The phone number my rep gave me, if anyone is interested is 888-434-0055. Maybe I will give them a call tomorrow - just to see what they try to tell me. The only internet company that has charged me within the last 60-90 days is Netflix. I don't see Netflix selling my information or signing me up for anything, but.. you never know, I suppose.

• Ri
      18th of Feb, 2009

I have just noticed that I also have been being charged for this since May of last year! i never knew of it, and most certainly did not agree to it. I amcall my bank right now! There are over 74 report on rip-off.com

• St
      18th of Feb, 2009

In October, I sign up with stamps.com thinking it was a apart of the USPS but found out it wasn't. How can a company charge way less than the United States Post Office, that's unheard of.

I didn't sign up for it because I don't send mail or packages out often to use the service. I thought I see what this company has to offer, it offered a scale which I didn't have or owned. It offered several free $10 to my account which I didn't need. And for the last three or more months which I didn't know, they were charging me 17.99 a month. I am a student and have a car, why would I need such a plan. I don't even have netflix. I called and they said they were charging for a "postage license". I don't understand it at all.

I am feed up with this company. I called and complained, they wont issue my refund so I'm taking up here. I am willing to sue this company for those who are hurt. CLASS ACTION!

Stanley
    San Francisco, California.

• Re
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Thanks to all of you for posting your stories with this scam. I have tried for months to figure out what this thing was. After reading all of your emails, I have taken them to my bank; changed my ATM card (a total inconvenience because of other accounts); ordered a stop payment; called the company to get this mess cancelled; and filed a complaint with the Atty General of my state. I hope everyone caught by this scam reads these emails sooner than I did. By the way, y'all were lucky...I've been charged $19+ for months.

~rebel, St. Louis

• Br
      9th of May, 2009

Stamps.com is a SCAM. Do not get caught up in this mess. I signed up last year and saw nothing about there added cost on their site until it was to late. I called many times to cancel my this mess. They said there was nothing they could do . In the mean time I still get billed. I am in the process of collecting as much info about this company so I can send it to the better business bureau in their city