Scholastic Inc, Beginning Readers Program / I have been billed and threatened collection on an account that I did not authorize.

I was sent an invoice by Scholastic Inc, for a beginning readers program that I did not authorize. I sent the bill back marked Return to Sender, did not order, thinking that there must be some mix up, my child is twenty and yes he can read. They have since sent the bill to a collection agency RMCB. I feel that this is an unjust practice. After each bill came I promptly sent it back stating that I did not order nor had ever authorized such an order. I never opened the bills after the 1st inital bill was sent.

Comments

• Gr
      7th of Oct, 2008

Exactly the same happened to me! How did you resolve with the collection agency?

• Ta
      6th of Nov, 2008

Exactly the saame thing happening to me, we need to stand together for the unjustice. I'm currently in collections for books I did not order nor authorize. My kids too are too old for dr. suess books. i'm so worried that this is hampering my credit. and even though it is a small amount. They just assume that us consumers will pay it to make it go away -- so unfair. I'm not paying it. And I was just approved credit for a new dining room table so i guess it can't be completely ruining my credit. i would like to find out if the collections agency is ligit and if it really is a black mark on my credit??????? If anyone has any solutions to this problem-- let me know!!!
    Tammy

• Pa
      20th of Nov, 2008

I also have been receiving a bill for the scholastic books, and when i asked about it, they said i needed to call a certain number. however, at the moment the number is not in sevice. as for the books they have sent to me, they sit on a shelf unopened til someone tells me what to do with them.
    patti

• Vi
      1st of Dec, 2008

I have the same thing happen to me. I have never order anything from them and they send me bill and asking collection agency to send letter to me. We need to stand together having some action.