Scholastic / Bad service

I have to agree with everyone's complaints about this company.

We started getting these books last year. We tried to stop scholastic from sending them but there were never any representatives to take our call and we were put on hold during midday when we cannot effort to stay on hold for long. ultimately, to stop them from sending us more books, we paid for the packages and asked them to stop sending more. However, we still kept getting more and more packages. We never opened any. The bills from scholastic came in and these threatened of dire consequences if we did not pay. We called and explained to them we did not want these books in the first place and that we had already let them know of this. They asked us to return the packages to sender and we did so "returned to sender".

Now, 2 months later, I've received this bill from a "collection agency" threatening us again and asking to pay for stuff that we had already sent back to scholastic. No one picked up the phone (as they work only 8-5 M-F). I have no time in the middle of the day during a weekday to call follow up every time we receive a package. Dealing with scholastic and following up on these things has been very hard.

Va

Comments

• Na
      24th of Feb, 2007

Every time this phone call comes in they never leave a message on my answering machine, they call late at night and I am tired of it.

5th of Mar, 2007

Placed us with a collection agency for late charges and fees for unwanted books.

• Mi
      21st of Jul, 2007
    Scholastic - Call All hours of the day

They call all the time and never leave messages! I have resolved this collection problem due to returning these books out of unsatisfactory product and they still insist on calling.

• Ci
      25th of Oct, 2007

I rec'd a call on my cell from (203) 797-3222 right before 9pm, EST (they have to legally call before 9pm). Anyway, I contacted them and spoke to a representative by the name of Heather. I explained to her that when my daughter bought a book from her school's Scholastic Fair 1.5 yrs ago, we did not request a subscription. This was the 2nd time I told them that. I then proceeded to tell her to remove my cell # and do not call me back. I also let her know that I was making an online report as I was speaking to her. According to Heather, the removal process would take about 48 hours.

29th of Aug, 2008

Keep sending unwanted books. Will not take NO for answer when sending "free-previews"; I have asked numerous times to not be called for new orders. Sent me to a collection agency for late charge on products, 2 weeks after billing date ($7.95). Call at late times of night, do not leave msg on answering machine. I like the books, but it would be nice if they got the point!