Schneiderman's Furniture / Freemont Hill Bed / Price Fraud

1 Plymouth, MN, United States Review updated:

Purchased the Freemont Hill bed, dresser, mirror, armoire and nightstand. Furniture is nice. Found the same furniture at two other stores for significantly less money - could have saved approximately $350. When asked to honor price guarantee, they said it had to be within 30 days. What a joke. My salesperson assured me that Schneiderman's offered the lowest prices and they guaranteed it. My advice to you. Schneiderman's has the highest prices. They do not have integrity. Go somewhere else. Anywhere else. Their service is nothing great either. It certainly does not justify the difference in price.

Don't buy from Schneiderman's. They are a rip-off!!!

Comments

• Mr
      3rd of Jan, 2008

Don't buy from Schneiderman's. They are a rip-off!!!

• Lo
      15th of Jan, 2008

I've bought a lot at Schneiderman's and shopped them often on identical items and found their prices good.

• Ni
      20th of Jan, 2008

I've had a completely different experience with Schneiderman's. I've purchased several items from them and found their prices to be fair and haven't found comparable products anywhere else for less. I also have family members who have shopped there and they had one of the Schneiderman's employees make a house call (Julie?) - did you have a house call as well? I'm curious where you found better prices, as I am always looking for a better deal, but I haven't found better prices elsewhere.

28th of Jan, 2008

I disagree as well. I purchased from this same collection and had a very good experience. I did notice other, cheaper brands of furniture that looked similar but when I went to the stores, they were not oak and were much more poorly made. Also, I noticed an instance of an on-line company selling the items at what looked like much cheaper prices but once you factored in shipping, it wasn't a deal at all. Schneiderman's was great. The price really was the best around.

6th of Nov, 2008

Just got off the phone with a rude customer service person at Schneiderman's. I strongly agree with the original complaint. Am I the only one who notices a strange pattern in the positive responses above? All three positives are posted within a week and a half of each other. Hmmmmmm. Perhaps they are all being posted by someone at Schneiderman's Furniture! This is an obvious attempt by one of the Schneiderman employees to distort the truth. Ironic how each of these "happy customer" comments had price shopped... Schneiderman's is obviously a dishonest company. Don't trust Schneiderman's. Don't buy from Schneiderman's. They are crooks.

• Ga
      1st of Dec, 2008

I have been very disappointed with Lakeville store’s customer service. First time when I was in Lakeville location a year ago the entire store was empty. Yet, no one stopped by, no one even noticed i was there. I had to approach a lady at the front desk and ask for help. She called another lady in the back and asked whether she was available to help or she had something else to do. What else could she have to do, that was more important than helping the only customer in the store?

Last week I was in Lakeville again and purchased 13 pictures worth a lot of money. It took forever to get checked out. The representative could not find a number code for one of the pictures so she entered it as miscellaneous into their system. Then she decided to find the manager and verify if she could do that. She could not find the manager because the manager did not have a pager. Finally, after letting me wait for at least 10 minutes she found her, got the item’s number and entered it into the system. Later at home I found out that she forgot to take the miscellaneous item out and I ended being overcharged by $200.

When I asked for a discount on a picture with a broken frame in two places and something sticky spilled in the corner all they could do was 20% off (after letting me wait for another 10 minutes). That is ridiculous. In the end I had to carry all of those pictures to my car all by myself. There were three people around and none of them offered at least holding the door open for me.

Today I have been trying to get hold of the representative who checked me out to get the overcharge credited back to my account. Her voice mail says she works from nine to nine on Mondays. It is Monday 10:22 am, someone else picked the phone three times telling me she did not know why the particular representative was not there yet. I tried to get a hold of the store manager but her voice mail picked up every time I was transferred. The lady on the phone informed me that it was best for me to leave a voice mail since the manager was usually hard to get hold of since she was always very busy. Very busy? Give me a break! Busy with what? The store was empty every time I was there.

This was the second and also the last time I was shopping in your store in Lakeville location. Today I am taking all of the pictures back. I do not feel the store deserves any of my business. I am hoping they will acknowledge the $200 mistake and give me my money back. Then I will take a deep breath before I make a decision to visit Schneiderman's store in any other locations.

15th of Aug, 2009

I used to live up in Northern Minnesota and bought some furniture at the Duluth location, everything went so well that when we relocated we continued to shop at Schneiderman's. This sounds crazy, but we haven't had any problems with the furniture we've bought there, their merchandise seems to just hold up really well. There prices reflect their quality, if you want throw away furniture than I suggest you shop at a cheap furniture store like Slumberland or Hom. I've also purchased furniture from Gabberts; I was happy with the quality, but the customer service was not like I had at Schneiderman's.
    I recommend shopping at the Duluth and Lakeville Schneiderman's, based on my experience.