Schererville Auto CenterUnsafe Automobiles

D Review updated:

On 6/26/09, I signed a contract and left a deposit for a 1999 Cadillac El Dorado. The car was in need of repairs and was to be ready by July 2, 2009. The car was not ready on 7/2/09 and I was given a loaner . The loaner had a ruptured fule line and was returned to the car lot on 7/28. I had also experienced flat and dry rot tires. I returned the car to the auto center; however, on the way, I had a tire to blow out and I called to see if someone at the car lot could bring me a tire which I could change and then drive the car to their lot. They refused to bring me a tire and I had to have the car towed to their lot. The two tires were completely ripped apart and the fuel leak was worse. When I reached their lot I asked for my deposit back as I was told that the Cadillac was not ready and they did not know when it would be ready. Also, the loaner would take several weeks to repair as the parts needed to be ordered. I was refused another loaner. I have since had to resort to bringing this matter to the attention of the Attorney General for the State of Indiana and the Better Business Bureau. Still no response or resolution from Schererville Auto Center. I am preparing to take small claims action against them as well as lodge a complaint with the Indiana State Police Vehicle Crimes Unit. Stay away from these people. The cars on their lot are all in need of repairs and I noticed on 7/28 that the majority of their cars on the lot are sitting on flat-dry rot tires. They continually lie to keep you away from the lot and they kept me stranded on their lot (I'm from Illinois and they are in Indiana - approx. 45 mins. away), without a ride home. The executives in charge refused to talk to me, they sent a salesman out to talk to me and they do not return phone calls. They are disreputable dealers, the kind that swindle people, shut down and run with your deposit.

Oct 27, 2009
    Schererville Auto Center - unsafe vehicles
    schererville auto center
    Indiana

Went to test drive vehicle at their lot in scheriville. Salesman had to fill up one of the tires before I could test drive vehicle, and also jump start battery. I was told that all cars have leaky tires and there are nothing wrong with these. When I got in the vehicle to test drive it, the seat belt would stay latched into the locking mechanism. The salesman told me that all seatbelts are under warranty from the dealer, and I should take it to the dealer (Cadillac) AFTER I purchased the car. I refused to drive the car without a working seat belt. The salesman told me that he would drive the car, and I could sit in the passengers seat. I refused and left the lot. Very very scary place to buy a car from!!!

• B
      Jan 13, 2010

OK!!! I too bought a car from Schererville Auto Center, right across from the Centier Bank and Hidden Creek Apartments!! DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THEM!!! I went in on a Friday and I put 600 down on a Chyrsler Sebring, I did not test drive the car before I put the money down which was a mistake!! I was just SO excited to get a car and this was my first car. I put the money down and then on Saturady I asked for my 600 back, because I wanted to keep looking and I acted in haste. Bob told me no. So I felt forced to buy the car becasue I wasn't just going to give them 600 bucks! The same day I drove off the lot the oil light came on! Then 1 week later the car stopped on me! Then the following week it wouldn't even start!!! They left me without a car for 2 weeks and 2 days!! They never called me or anything, so finally they fixed the car and told me I had to pay 505.60 and get full coverage insurance on the car, so I asked for a payment plan and Bob said he'd look into and that he'd give me a call, well he didn't call me so I assumed everything was ok, I went to get insurance on the car and low and behold there are FOR SALE stickers on the car!!! I really want to take them to small claims!! Does anyone out here have any advice for me?? I mean I drove the car for 3 weeks, it wasn't even 30 days!! I paid for insurance for 30 days and I didn't even have it for that long!! Does anyone have any information so that I can try to sue them?? Or advice I am a mother and I need my car to get to work etc, please someone give me some advice, here's my email, chelssa.[protected]@yahoo.com

Sep 03, 2011

I'll gladly include my facts of experience from Schererville Auto Center...
    I purchased a vehicle from there, deposited close to $3, 000.00. Two/three weeks later, the sheriff was at my door around midnight, with an warrant for my arrest. for vehicle theft. How can you steal a vehicle from a lot, when you make a down payment, sign the papers, are handed the keys...and then drive off... Anyways, they advised me I was two weeks late with a payment...????

About three months later, on a Saturday morning, I noticed my 2000 Dodge Durango that I was renting/purchasing from Schererville Auto Center, was gone! AT 9.am I began phoning them, finally at 9:36 they answered...after 'several' minutes they finally admitted they repossessed the Durango...for late payment...

After my 'arguing' with them, they finally replied, "this was an human error..." I eventually got the Durango back later in the day.

Roughly three months later from this point, I receive notice my insurance company was cancelling my policy, due to the title for this vehicle being salvaged/rebuilt...

Fast Forward...I obtained legal counsel, went thru the court procedures/hearings, and was awarded $25, 000.00

They then dissolved of the corporation, and are now under a NEW name... therefore needless to say, all time and effort by going thru the legal court system, resulted in a 'waste' of time... Places like this, they are aware all they need to do is dissolve of the business name, open under a NEW name...and they are not legally obligated to pay judgements.

In-mid September, 2010 they were in my drive-way, and removed the license plate. At that time I realized a little more of my ignorance...I always thought it was weird that when the vehicle plates expired, I had to go to Schererville Auto Center to pick up the new ones...Although I went to the License Bureau prior.

I have a 200 Dodge Durango sitting in the driveway, that I have and can not obtain a title for...

Due to the 'facts' being announced here, I have no problem with including my name...as I exercise my legal rights under the constitution.

Do the CARFAX!!!

Steven Caley
    [protected]
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Thanks Schererville Auto Center...it's people and businesses like you...that leave a very BAD taste in my mouth! I'll say this much to you...When I seen your internet ad, and then when I arrived at your place of business, and with the tremendously huge difference, I should have kept on going! The second thing I'll say to you..not only did I instill trust with you, I needed what I thought was a good vehicle, I have a daughter who needs to get back & forth to GR Mich...for her routine caner appointments...well guess what...your wonderful Dodge Durango, just sits here...and I was NOT able to get her to GR Mich this year...I certainly hope you found it.all worth it..although it may have been a matter of anothers...well being...that precious thing called ...life.

It's probably a good thing I don't have transportation, due to the fact..I would make a sign and stand out in front of your establishment, and exercise some freedom of expression...bringing to attention..BEWARE.

Hope you feel real good about yourself ! who is next on your list?

Sep 03, 2011

I will gladly include my facts of experience from Schererville Auto Center.
    I purchased a vehicle from there, deposited close to $3, 000.00. Two/three weeks later, the sheriff was at my door around midnight, with an warrant for my arrest. for vehicle theft. How can you steal a vehicle from a lot, when you make a down payment, sign the papers, are handed the keys and then drive off.
    Anyways, they advised me I was two weeks late with a payment. Although their salesman informed me my first payment will be due in 4 weeks from date!

About three months later, on a Saturday morning, I noticed my 2000 Dodge Durango that I was renting/purchasing from Schererville Auto Center, was gone! At 9.am I began phoning them, finally at 9:36 they answered. After several minutes they finally admitted they repossessed the Durango, for late payment...

After my arguing with them, they finally replied, this was an human error. come on in and we will resolve of this. I eventually got the Durango back later in the day. However, I was not about to get on the highway with a vehicle that was reported STOLEN, and having an warrant for my arrest!

They then dissolved of the corporation, and are now under a NEW name.
    therefore needless to say, all time and effort by going thru the legal court system, resulted in a waste of time. Places like this, they are aware all they need to do is dissolve of the business name, open under a NEW name, and they are not legally obligated to pay judgements. They can just, close their doors!

Due to the facts being announced here, I have no problem with including my name...as I exercise my legal rights under the constitution.

Steven Caley
    [protected]
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Thanks Schererville Auto Center...it is people and businesses like you...that leave a very BAD taste in my mouth! will say this much to you...When I seen your internet ad, and then when I arrived at your place of business, and with the tremendously huge difference, I should have kept on going! The second thing I will say to you..not only did I instill trust with you, I needed what I thought was a good vehicle, I have a daughter who needs to get back & forth to GR Mich...for her routine caner appointments...well guess what...your wonderful Dodge Durango, just sits here...and I was NOT able to get her to GR Mich this year...I certainly hope you found it.all worth it..although it may have been a matter of anothers...well being...that precious thing called ...life.

It is probably a good thing I do not have transportation, due to the fact..I would make a sign and stand out in front of your establishment, and exercise some freedom of expression...bringing to attention..BEWARE. Do the CARFAX!!!

Hope you feel real good about yourself ! who is next on your list? Yes, you GOT ME!