scent crafters / bad return policy

donot buy from this company! perfume smells terrible and its made very cheap! and will not refund money back on a return!

Li

Comments

13th of Jan, 2009

Scent Crafters is the worst company I've ever dealt with and they are a farce. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. I must've gone through at least 7 months worth of emails back and forth with them before getting my product which was no where near what I wanted. The stuff was cheap and they will not refund my money nor respond to me. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a company before and I've had some bad ones. Take our word for it, bad company, not listed with the BBB can the BBB even get a reponse from this company. BAD FOR BUSINESS Scent Crafters, shame on you!!!

18th of Mar, 2009

The Company Scentcrafters is a scam. Also known as "Scentmatchers LLC" but this company is looking more & more like a fake every day. As it turns out there's a whole web out there making complaints of being ripped off & filing legal action against them. I found this because my wife is 1 of the more recent victims of the company & we're trying to find out any info on the company to try to sort this out or help others who are filing claims.

They seem to have the exact same excuses for each customer who gets ripped off. They collect the money & tell you its been shipped. After a long wait & customers ask where the product is, they claim the customers have given the wrong shipping info yet cannot provide a valid shipping confirmation #. If they do provide a shipping or tracking number, when you check with the company they claimed to have used has no record at all. If you give it to them again, they email you a copy of their return policy which basically says your getting nothing. If you email again they accuse you of being mentally ill and or insult you with profanity. Many people paid for a match & have received bottles of over the counter cheap perfumes that smelled nothing like the order they placed. My wife was excited because they claimed they could match a scent no longer produced & it means allot to us being its the perfume that she wore the 1rst time we met & it stole my breath away. now she's out of the money & the sample of the very tiny amount she had left as they told her they'd use that little sample to duplicate it. Heartbreaking & in this economy we cannot afford this & we've been taken.
    I would like to know if you have nay info on this company other then what's listed on both their websites (which are identical mirrors of each other) and if there is anything you might able to do to help. I hope this helps.

18th of Mar, 2009

Also, just to ad, that the address listed with this company seems to be listed as a private inhabited residence up for sale. Found out by multiple people online doing research on it & they claim they cannot contact you by phone. Emails only & twice in the 4 months my wife has been dealing with them, they claim theyre at a conference & have little communication abilities.

18th of Mar, 2009

heres a whole message board discussion of the same problems by others who have been ripped off.

22nd of May, 2009

I placed my order April 16, 2009, inquired about my order on May 7, was told it would be shipped later the following week, received "delivery confirmation" of shipping through USPS May 14, did not receive product until May 20, they sent me the wrong gender (My order clearly says "Male, " I wrote them of their mistake, quoting their return policy, and I got an email back saying I was beyond their 30-day return policy. I only received the product three days ago. I have written to them saying if they do not credit my credit card account I will be writing to the Michigan Attorney General and file a complaint with their local prosecutor, as this is fraud, mail fraud, etc. If they do rectify, I will so post.

Canton, Ohio, USA

• Ph
      5th of Jun, 2009

i, too, have fallen for this scam and have received insulting emails from said Adam and Lance. Jossi - please let me know if you intend to file suit. I believe i will be doing the same if I do not receive a full refund from these frauds next week.

• Be
      3rd of Jul, 2009

My company feel for this scam! This guy made a scent for us about a tear ago that we loved which was going to be used in our new line of shaving cream. After a few snags we finally got things up and running. We then proceeded to order the scent. When we received the scent it came in a MILK JUG! This is totally against FDA rules so we could not use it at all. After contacting them they informed Bee Royal that they would not refund our money and they "owned the town and judges". They laughed at me and told me to get the Obama team too.

We are going after them and I encourage everyone on here to do the same. This company needs to be stoped and the owners put in jail.

3rd of Aug, 2009

I too have been taken by this company and I am EXTREMELY upset!!! I would difinately like to be informed of any legal proceedings or otherwise.

I order from them in March 2009, as a birthday gift to myself. I did not recieve the perfume until MONTHS later. When I recieved it...it was not at all what I expected and did not smell like any of the ingredients I selected. It was in a bottle that you can easily purchase in bulk with a cheap translusent label of my logo. Filled with a cheap, stinky liquid which had something floating around in it!!! I spayed it on while I was with my husband and a friend and we all began to cough and sneeze. Shortly there after my arm started itch and break out!!!

I immediately came home and went online to retrieve information about the company's return policy. Which I felt was shaby!!! But I did leave a message on their make shift answering service (which is now out of service) and I email them. I did recieve a call back and a man gave me an address where I could mail the product back and recieve my refund. I went out the very next day and shipped their product back to them and I have ot recieved a refund or ANYTHING from them thusfar. And now there is practically no way to contact them!!!

In these economic times, people truly value a dollar and can not afford to spend $50 or more and get nthing in return. Also, it is a shame that these people can basically get away with this type scam! Please someone, anyone feel free to reach out to me via email if you are pursuing these crooks! injuredangelina@yahoo.com

• Dp
      20th of Sep, 2009

We ordered from Scent Crafters back in December, and told them if they could copy Ambercrombie and Finch's Ready perfume for one of my daughters Christmas gifts, since that particular perfume was discontinued. They said they could, and what they sent me was a disaster. It smelled like bathroom spray.

When I contacted them, they just gave me the run around, and never returned my phone calls. And in email, they said there was no guarantee that they could match scents 100 percent of the time. I said, so do you have controls that you compare them to? Because if you have controls, it should match the finish product before you send out to your customers. No answers came, so I again asked, do you knowingly ship a product out that you know not to match? Still no response, and out 80 bucks :(

What a scam.

• 0 Votes

I FEEL FOR EACHONE & TOTALLY AGRRE WITH ALL RESPONDENTS... AS ONE WHO OPERATED IN LAW AND LEGALTIES, I TRULY BEGAN TO INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY---A VISION TO OPEN THIS ENTITTY OF BUSINESS--ATTACHED TO MY DESIGNER FASHION BOUTIQUE.. I CONTACTED THEM ABOUT GETTING INFO. MAILINGS CORRESPONDENCES PAPERWORK ON BUSINESS, BUT THEY COULD NOT SUPPLY ANYTHING TO ME,

NEITHER IN WRITING NOR BY MAIL... AFTER E-MAILING THEM SEVERAL TIMES, BEFORE I INVESTED MY MONEY... [I THOUGHT THIS WAS TOO GOOD TO BE RUE .. HOPING TO HAVE FOUND AN EASIER, LESS EXPENSIVE WAY, THAN INVESTING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR CHEMISTS---WITH MY OWN ORIGINAL SCENT AND LABEL.. SO I DECEDED TO TRY THIS..

TO MY SURPRISE, EACH TIME I TRIED TO CONTACT THEM, THEY GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND.. BUT JUST EXPECTING ME TO ORDER...

SO I WENT A LITTLE FURHTE, I WENT THORUGH THE CONSUEMR AFFAIRS ONTHIS BUSINESS GOD TRULY WANTED ME TO DO THIS RESEARCH, INVESTIGATE, SINCE I DID ALL THIS IN PRE-LAW--- WATCH, OBSERVE, RESEARCH, INVESTIGAE, FOLLOW YOUR DEEP INNER-GUT-MAYBE EXCITED FEELING, BUT FOREMOST THAT INSTINCT, AND THAT STILL SMALL VOICE--SAYING NOT YET..WAIT--FIND OUT FIRST] --BEFORE I PUT UP MONIES...

SO NOW, THE DEPT. OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS GAVE ME THESE RESPONSES...AND ASK-SEARCH.COM.. I AM SO SORY FOR ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS, AND INVESTMENTS...
    I WILL DEFINITELY PURSUE THIS COMPNY SCAMS AND OUT A STOP THIER WICKEDNESS.. AND FROM PERFORMING ANY MORE FRAUDULENT DEALS, OR SCAMMING ANYONE ELSE ANY FURHTER...

NOW I KNOW, I AM NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY, TO ADVANCE MY OWN PERFUME M LINE--OR OTHERWISE DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM...

I WILL CONTACT EACHONE, WHEN MATTERS ARE BROUGHT TO ALIGHT OF FILING CHARGES...

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    TIFFANY-MARIE DESIGNS & ENTERPRISES
    CEO--S . ISRAEL

20th of Nov, 2009

Thank you, Sidney!

• Je
      21st of Nov, 2009

Sydney you seem a little crazy and if you want to be a lawyer perhaps you should work on your spelling and the caps lock key. It sounds like you are angry because they responded to your e-mails but did not mail you paperwork? I guess that does warrant an 8 paragraph rant, sometimes rejection is hard.

I personally have always liked Scentcrafters and their products. I did read what you guys wrote about Scentmatchers and so I contacted them. They pointed out to me that they are completely different companies (although owned by the same parent company). If you'd spend 5 minutes reading the sites you'd see that they are completely different. One does perfume and cologne based on the ingredients the customer's choose (Scentcrafters) and one tries to match discontinued fragrances (Scentmatchers). Perhaps it takes a lawyer to figure that out?

You all seem very bitter, from what I can read you got your products but did not like them. I think that happens in life sometimes and perhaps you should move on. Myself, Scentcrafters has always been good to me so I'd like to add that.

23rd of Nov, 2009

Huhm, Jeffrey! I believe Sidney spells it as I have it shown! And as Sidney comes from Israel, I think he/she did an awesome job of using the English language. Anyways, and aside from lowering myself to your same status of drawing attention to someone's spelling, they are owned by the same unethical people.

What they do not tell you is their "return policy" starts the days you place your order; not when you receive your order and have it "in hand" and are able to decide whether they gave you an acceptable product or not.

23rd of Nov, 2009

Public Announcement by Adam Schultz of Scentcrafters: See attached picture.

"Scentcrafters.com is proud to introduce its new sister company Scentmatchers.com..."

23rd of Nov, 2009

Update: Scentmatchers has changed their return policy. They now offer returns 30 days after "receipt" of the product.

That has been our complaint and I commend them for now fairly treating customers the way they should be treated. Whether upon their own decision to become an ethical company or through the powers of some legal/governmental entity, thank you. It was for naught that our complaints were posted.

1st of Dec, 2009

Crap! I JUST ordered a cologne from them and it seemed like a good company but I just saw all this stuff by accident when I put the website name into the search bar instead of where the url needs to be. I hope I dont get screwed or that I dont have to have hassle of sending the cologne back on my own dime

• Sc
      5th of Dec, 2009

Hello,

I am 50% owner of the parent company of Scentcrafters.com and Scentmatchers.com. These are two separate companies. Scentcrafters.com makes custom perfume for individuals and companies. Scentmatchers.com duplicates discontinued perfume and cologne for individuals.

I would like to generally address some of the comments here.

I think that a couple recent testimonials on our Scentcrafters.com page go along ways towards showing we are definitely not a scam or out to defraud anyone. We have testimonials from both the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and Cops And Doughnuts, a bakery store owned by 9 police officers in Claire, MI. They can be found here:

I've read over the comments above and I think that some are very legit. We did have a terrible return policy at Scentmatchers.com. It was a 30 day money back guarantee from the order date. Many customers did not receive their bottles for more than 30 days. When they went to return we (stupidly) stuck by our written policy. We compounded a bad policy by being inflexible. We have changed this policy well over a month ago to make it 30 days from the date of receipt of the product. Meaning people have 30 days to return the product after they receive it. Note that most perfume and cologne companies do not allow returns AT ALL once a product has been opened.

If anyone reading this was a past customer and had a problem with the old policy mentioned above please contact us at support@scentmatchers.com and we'll send you a refund check. We apologize for the bad policy and want to make it right.

We have also had some Customer Service issues. I think it takes a certain temperament to work in Customer Service and we've had the wrong people for the job. We've replaced our Customer Service Manager and it is our priority to make sure that our customers receive top notch customer service at all times. We do process literally thousands of orders a year and most of our customer's are extremely satisfied, however, even these few complaints are far too many for us to be happy with.

Finally the return policy complaints do reference our product quality. All of these complaints are for Scentmatchers.com. What Scentmatchers.com does is match/duplicate discontinued perfume and cologne. So customers that order are so in love with their favorite fragrances that they want them reproduced even after they have been discontinued. As you can imagine they have very high expectations. We almost always meet these expectations. In some cases we cannot, and we even state this on our site, that we are not always successful. What we do is very difficult and we are successful a vast majority of the time.

The rest of the complaints seem to be either people that have never purchased from us, the same people commenting multiple times, or in the most upsetting cases, completely made up stories. I think you can pick out the more bizarre ones yourselves, the only thing we can think is that it's either our competitors, or customers we've made so angry with our previous return policy that they've decided to lie and fabricate. This site does not verify the identity of posters, nor can it realistically hope to. Nor does it take any steps to ensure that anything they are posting is true.

This will be our one and only post regarding on this website. We don't feel it is the proper format to handle specific customer complaints. If you have any specific questions for us please e-mail us at support@scentcrafters.com or support@scentmatchers.com.

Thank you for helping make our company better. Because of your complaints we have changed our Return Policy and hired a new Customer Service Manager.

Best Regards,

Adam Schultz
    Sales Manager
    Scentcrafters.com & Scentmatchers.com

• St
      12th of Feb, 2010

This company produces nothing but junk. It is a total sham operating barely on the border of illegal in my opinion. Check out the other complaints on this site for their "sister" site scentmatchers.com. Also check out their Better Business profile on www.bbb.org. They operate out of a rural house in the outskirts of Reed City Michigan (see company profile on bbb.org). They ship nothing until you finally file a fraud complaint with your bank or credit card company. Once that happens they quickly ship you out a bottle of dime store perfume that could strip the varnish off of any wood surface. The only have one actual scent and it is GOD AWFUl. I was able to get my money back from my bank after reporting this fraud however wish I wouldn't have wasted my time. Avoid this company like the plague.

• My
      10th of Mar, 2010
    scent crafters - never recieved the product
    LASTYLES MOGUL ENTERPRISES