Sbo - Online. Org & Transcendant Corp. / unauthorized phone charges

12335 Santa Monica Blvd, #339 Santa Monica, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (877) 726-4222

Thereʻs a scam going around that is targeting small businesses.

Hereʻs the skinny - I received an email saying I had been nominated by my community for having an ethical business, and it directed me to a website, http://www.sbo-online.org

A form came on congratulating me, and it asked several questions, no red flags, but at the end the "award" was something you could buy. I gave no credit card information. No big deal, right?

Well, this same company is now billing me via the phone company, for "small business" services I never ordered. This month they billed me twice, under 2 different names: "transcendant corp" & "sbo-online.org". Itʻs coming through on the phone bill, right. Apparently they work under several names, and once youʻre in their data base, you will be charged by many companies.

These guys are slick. I usually can see things coming, and cut them off. I donʻt know how they got onto my phone bill, but they did. That in itself shoud not be possible. Where is the legislation protecting small business from this back door stealing? Now more than ever small business needs help.

Please let other small business people know about this so they donʻt fall for it like I did. And if you know of anything I can do to report these evil doers, please let me know.

Comments

Ad
  23rd of Sep, 2010
I can understand the harrowing experience, Michelle Myhre. You wouldn't believe how I was billed with the same charges, though my experience was totally different. The customer care was curteous and explained how the charges came to my bill. While talking to the executive, I realized that my small business could benefit from them! I'm using their services now and it's serving my needs well!
Kr
  23rd of Dec, 2010
I never signed up for sbo-online.org. Yet, I'm getting a $15 charge for their services. I told the lady I felt it was a scam and she assured me it was not. I told her that was her opinion but I thought it was. She said she would discontinue the service but did not issue refunds. I told her I would definitely report them to the BBB. She then conveniently changed her mind. However, I wasn't blowing spoke. As soon as we hung up, I report the company and then researched them online. COMPLETE SCAM!!!