SBO-Online / Unauthorized charges

We received a monthly charge for $15.25 from SBO-Online.org on our 11/08 bill. We had never heard of this company. When I called their [protected] number, they said that I ordered online with my name, email address, and phone number for internet and medical services?? They sent me a confirmation email maybe that I never checked. Anyone can get your name, address, email address, phone number...and who checks their junk folder for junk mail like this!! How can an email authorize services!?

The representative couldn't answer my questions as to what was ordered and how they got my information. I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor asked me for my personal information, which I didn't give her. She got my birthday wrong and couldn't answer my questions either. It was so frustrating. I gave her a piece of my mind and demanded to cancel my subscription and refund my money on my bill. She canceled my subscription and didn't charge me for the next monthly fee, (as she says is a one time courtesy), but says that she couldn't cancel the 11/08 fee because it had already been processed!?. She gave me a confirmation number with her name and said that it will show up on my next statement?! I told her this is a ripp off scam. How can you charge someone through an email, for services no one needs, and never authorized?! I had enough of the run around for the day...my blood was boiling...I had to hang up already before I lost it

Please be aware of your monthly phone charges for SBO-Online.org This is a scam that will cost you $15.25 or more if you aren't aware. Check...check...your monthly phone bills. Hopefully this company/organization will get its day!!

La

Comments

Do
  7th of Oct, 2008
SBO-Online - unauthorized charge on qwest phone bill
small business organization llc
12335 Santa Monica Blvd #339
Los Angeles
California
Phone: 877-726-4222
sbo-online.com

I noticed an authorized charge on my phone bill for $15.25 via esbi ets for a company called small business organization llc, sbo-online.com. i called the company to inquire about it and they said i signed up for their service at quizrocket.com I stated that i did not sign up for it and have never heard of them before. they told me they could cancel my account to prevent further charges, but are refusing to credit the $15.25 charge. I asked her why i should pay for a service that i don't have or use, but she still would not credit it and said i owed that. I called phone company and they are taking the charge off and sending back to them. they said that will not prevent them from coming after me for payment. I filed a complaint with ftc and am awaiting their response.