SBI Global Link Services / www.OnlineSbi.com/GLS / poor service!

I opened a remittance account with State Bank of India ACH Remittance online. Thank God! I was able to successfully complete one remittance transaction. After couple of months when I tried to make another transaction, the website does not recognize my userID. I contacted SBO officials using ach.gls@sbi.co.in. They suggested me to create my user ID again. I was taken by a surprise since I have already created one and made a transaction too. I created the user ID and the sub-dollar amounts were deposited in my checking account. I went back to www.onlinesbi.com/gls to verify those details. Again I faced the same problem. When I contacted SBI through e-mail they told that they verified the UserID and since it is still valid they would reset my password. It has been 3 weeks since then I sent reminders couple of times. I thought it happened with me alone. Same issue was faced by my colleague who is also now afraid to deal with SBI remittances. I tried to take help of SBI officials in USA and tried several times to contact Chicago/NY branches. Every time my call goes to voice mail asking me to leave my details for SBI official to get back to me and I sincerely did the same. I haven't received any response from them. I think State Bank of India officials are basking in the glory of their Bank's history in India and "Customer Care” word is yet to be added in their dictionary. I am writing this so that others are aware of future problems in their transactions.

Comments

• Ra
      20th of Sep, 2007

SBI got it way over its head and the mundane technology is much too complex for its staff. Not only are the people incompetent, their software group is so bad that no one with in the bank seem qualified to spank the group back in to a professionally qualified organization. All Banks need zero tolerance for errors. SBI on line banking is full off glitches. Avoid SBI online/ gls use for now if you can find alternatives. A word to the wise. Stay away from SBI.

• Su
      29th of Jan, 2008

My self sri.Sudhir kumar dash At/PO:-Talpali para ward no.4 Bolangir .pin.767001 (orissa)
    my account no.30313199144 Branch-BOLANGIR -46 i have applied for a A T M Card but yet i have not get any letter so clarify to me .CONTACT NO - 09938098147 & 09438402514

12th of Mar, 2008

sir i fill the atm form before 3.month but i could not recve my a/c no,11069417707 my mo no 09891221409

12th of Mar, 2008

sir i fill the atm form before 3.month but i could not recve atm my a/c no 11069417707 my contect no.09891221409

12th of Mar, 2008

sir i fillatm form before 3.month but i could not recve atm my a/c.no 11069417707 and mo no 09891221409

• Go
      14th of Apr, 2008

I have given the facts to the management of nonremittance of my pension amount from December2007 to March 2008 for a period of of four months. This is a very serious issue to be taken up on priority by the management.

AGKMurty

• Go
      14th of Apr, 2008

Very serious and erring officials are to be charged for the lapse of no-remittance of pension amount causing hardship to the pensioner.

AGKMurty

• Ns
      21st of May, 2008

I am suresh Babu from Khajuraho ( M.P ),

I had just deposited the application fee for clerk post after getting my challan, when i submitting the information the site does not accept please help me out how submit the information .

suresh

• Om
      25th of May, 2008

SBI should provide mail box to each and every internet customers and they should have accountibility/responsiblity to comply any questions/concerned and issues within three or four days of period. I have observed that many times, tickets created by the customers are closed without resolving problem. Head Office should not simply forward questions/concerned/issues to Branch Office but they should also monitor that Customers request are met/resolved in timely manner. I have account with Citi Bank and they have provided individual mail box. Customers service of Citi Bank is quite efficient than SBI customer service.

• Ku
      3rd of Jul, 2008

Dear sir, till i can not received admitcard for the purpose of clerical recruitment exam for 6.7.08.kindly inform to me with earler.
    thanking you
    kum neha tripathi
    nowrozabad-484555
    dist umaria mp

7th of Jul, 2008

sir i changed my i-d, but i forget my password please help me

raipur

7th of Jul, 2008

sir i changed my i-d but i forgot my pass word please give me another password

7th of Jul, 2008

sir i changed my used id and password but i forgot my password please give me another password

• Wa
      20th of Aug, 2008

Crappy bank in USA, with all the characteristics of an Indian management. Can't blame them, they are doing it as in India. These guys never learn.!

• Pa
      26th of Aug, 2008

Sir i have applied for internet banking on my account. The netbanking is activated on my account, but tranjection right has not been given on my account.I have complaint at the branch office two times and i have also given the application but they didn't give the tranjection right. I have givn the application on 21th aug 2008.

• Pa
      26th of Aug, 2008

the above complaint on netbanking is for bolangir sbi.

• Ra
      12th of Nov, 2008

sir I forget my password or ID. I dont what is gone. So plz help me . My mobile 9425493177

• Ud
      14th of Nov, 2008

SBI customer service is pathetic. For some issues such as resetting the profile password, one needs to go to the bank and submit a paper application. It seems very ridiculous as there is no way to do the same thing online. Nobody picks up the phone call for customer care number 1600112211. SBI needs to improve such simple things.

• Kw
      26th of Nov, 2008

i could not able to transfer funds from my accounts as i have internet banking user id but i don't have transaction rights. Presently i am in Uk Please provide transaction rights so that i can transfer amount .

• De