SBI Credit Card / getting anonymous calls from sbi collections department!

1 India Review updated:

I am holding SBI credit card for more than a year. For the past 3 months I am getting calls from your collections department frequently at least 7 times a day. They are calling me and they are abusing me badly. I haven’t gone through such a kind of service in my life anywhere in this world. I pay my bills regularly more than my minimum amount balance. I don’t know why the heck they are calling me. They are making fun of me and it really drives me crazy.

I asked them to connect to their supervisor on the floor and they are saying we are the supervisor and you should talk to me only. I am sharing FEW words which they used for abusing me. You talk like a Dog. Priya can you come with me for free? I called up your customer service and filed a complaint against these people. Nothing changed yet. Four girls and three boys are calling by saying that they are the supervisors. They never used to give their real names. Every time they change the names like Stella, Naren, Nakeeran etc.

Given below are the numbers from which I receive calls:

044 [protected]

Now I have decided to surrender this damn credit card. I will never come back to SBI for any services. SBI recruits people with no customer service skills. Don’t think losing one customer will not bring down your profit. I am posting this in the internet discussion forums also. Let others not be a prey for SBI. Trust me your people have ruined me to the extreme end in my life. I will never suggest anyone of my friends, relatives and my family members to have SBI bank account / credit card.

I am very happy to surrender my card and I will never take this card anymore in my life. If you are not the right person, please forward this to the concerned department for action. I don’t even care if you delete this mail. Anyways I am posting it in the internet forum so that the whole world will know it.

Goodbye SBI Card and your pathetic service.

Regards,
Priya

Comments

• Na
      30th of Mar, 2007

Same experience myself and my wife are going through even after paying the entire amount. This is pathetic. Need to do something which will get SBI management attention into these issues.

• Si
      2nd of Apr, 2007

I understand how humiliating is this they should be fired if they are working with SBI and the best possible punishment should be given to them so at least they will have the time of life and make others think too before doing any cheap kinda stuff like this.

• Ga
      18th of Apr, 2007

Hello All,

I am here to share a very pathetic experience I had with SBI Credit Card. I have a SBI Gold Card. I am having problems since the day I have got this card.

First of all I never receive the statements on time. I have called 10 time (exactly) to the customer care dept. to give them my correct email address, and to have my statements on time in mail. Every time they take down my email address and till date ie: after 10 calls and 6 months, I still receive paper statements and that too after the due date is over.

Immediately I start getting calls from the so called Recovery Dept. They are extremely rude and abusive.
    I would say being rude would be acceptable when it comes to the SBI people calling. They are ABUSIVE in such a way that they normal educated people can't even think about it.

I HEREBY CAUTION OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE READING THIS.

Please, and please never ever think about going for an SBI Card.

I am going through a horrible time, even after making payments on time (ie: as soon as I receive my statements). Half of my productive time goes in making the IDIOTS sitting taking calls in the customer centre what my problem is. Every time they say I will help you in a very cold manner. But still the same things are continuing.

IF ANY LAWYER IS READING THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN. I AM READY TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TEACH SBI A LESSON. I AM READY TO SPEND MONEY BEHIND THE CASE, BUT ATLEAST I WILL MAKE SURE OTHERS ARE SPARED OF THIS HORRIBLE TREATMENT METTED OUT TO ME.

• Gu
      26th of Apr, 2007

They never send the monthly statement and either harass over phone or suddenly send an agency to collect the cheque. I think there is understanding between SBI Bank and the agencies to make money. Agencies make money by unnecessary courier service (they charge rs. 50 for this) and sbi bank makes money by charging interest for late payment. This is a day light looting by them.

WE ALL NEED TO LOOK FOR A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE BANK.

9th of May, 2007

Hi All ,
    I have more bad words about SBI cards .I talked with them for the sake of humanity (rarely i used to harass any tele-callers ), thta's what i spoke them and they send 24,000 at my reception.
    after 20 days i send the same amt., but buggers asked me for some late fee (i dnt know why ?). Then i asked them to cancel my SBI credit card.After cancellation i am keep getting SMS and as i change my flat so i dnt have any idea about print statement.
    i spoke to customer people and supervisor , but none is interested to settle down the issue.Till date i have to pay 3211 Rs.
    Is it possible to simply through this much amount just because of u accept that 24000 Rs (they throw this draft at my reception, i never asked for it , just i listen one person's word as earlier i never used to dishurt these tele -callers , was calling from chennai).

If some one is interested then can mail me , as we have to fight with them to teach lesson within law .

• Gi
      28th of Jul, 2007

I have received so many call from Chennai as i am busy whole day in these days as overwork. I am ready to pay my bills whatever it is but still Agencies are calling me. Whatever the amount i have to pay i will confirm with Bank after i will pay.

Regards,
    Girish.

16th of Jul, 2008

From,

Mr. Natrajan K. Mudaliar

Dear Sir,

My card no. is 5264 6854 2433

Your Representative had committed that the annual card charges is free, But i am surprised to receive annual fee charges (Outstanding Charges). I request you to writeoff the charges & send nil outstanding certificate. with regards

Natrajan K. Mudaliar