SBI Credit Card / wrong deduction of service bills

1 India Review updated:

I do not know how to interact with SBI Cards Team. I own a Via Gold Card from them for the last 12 months. Three weeks back, I got a call from another SBI card holder inquiring about my card and bill pay services availed by me. Initially, I was surprised as he had called me on my mobile and had my landline number with him. He explained that SBI card has been deducting his card account with my landline telephone bills (Chennai Telephones) for past five months and finally they gave him my contact details. He asked me to be cautious on this. After a week from this call, I noticed that my card has also been deducted with two telephone bill payments of Dec and Jan on 22nd Feb. I launched a formal complaint and followed up with them. Sent mails to their complaint mail ID and escalation mail id too. Adding insult to injury, they debited one more bill pertaining to November month couple of days back. All their contact channels are inefficient and arrogant at times. Also, many of their call center team members are not aware of any standard turn around time and they told me periods varying from 4 days to 40 days.

Supervisors are also helpless as they also do not get any response.

Comments

• Na
      30th of Mar, 2007

I agree with you completely as i have also gone through this pain.

18th of May, 2007

Wrong payments against credit card for i have to complaint keenly give by mail id of top level management, because customer care could care!

• So
      27th of Jun, 2007

The SBI Credit Card was surrendered in March'2006 after receiving settlement and payment of all dues to SBI Card. Even after lapse of more than one and half year, Bill dated 19.06.2007 has been raised by SBI Card. Previously also bills were raised against the above subject card after its' surrender. The SBI Card is harassing the clients and it is genuinely felt that the company has lost all moral ethical values. The RBI should take note of the irregularities and levy appropriate penalty upon SBI Card for misdemeanor.

3rd of Jul, 2007

I do agree with the comments posted above. I have never come across such a ridiculous service, moreover, they only know how to mentally disturb people.

• Ba
      2nd of Oct, 2007

SBI CREDIT CARD ORGANISATION IS NOTHING ELSE BUT AN EXPLOITING AGENCY TO LOOT LEGALLY AT THE RECEMENDATION OF R. B.I . THE RBI IS NOT TAKING ANY MEASURE IN CASE OF PROVED LAWLESSNESS, CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES OF THE AGENT.THE RBI SHOULD CANCELL THE LICENCE OR ANY STRICTURE SHOULD BE AWARDED. THIS A CARBON COPY OF second east india company TO EXPLOIT THE MASS IN BROAD DAY &NIGHT .THE GOVT &RBI ARE SILENT .MY ADVICE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CREDIT CARD ARE JUST LIKE POISIONOUS SNAKES

• Be
      18th of Oct, 2007

Three months back daily I use to get call from SBI credit card for free offer and they literary use to hearse me and one fine day I agree to give my all documents, so I called the SBI person to collect my all documents after that I don't know what is the status of my application, so tracked to the SBI credit card toll free number "1800 180 1290" I spoke for 25 minutes with 5to6 persons on the phone and every one was transferring the call and no body knows what to answer, They are answering that they don't know about my application and my documents and didn't given me the call complaint number or record number. I worry my documents should not used some where else where i will come in problem. I learn one thing that we should give our documents to any of these banks who dont have answer for their fault.

• Ve
      23rd of Nov, 2007

SBI gold is the worst credit card i have ever across.Unecessary charges without any purchases....I am definitely...going to discontinue in the next month.

• Ge
      17th of Dec, 2007

I took sbi card. In the statement their showing 4000 + amount and I have made only 1050.- purchase.

They are showing some insurance money which was not confirmed with me.

They are always interested in EMI and not complete payment receipt. Where is the solution?

• Ka

519. TRICHY ROAD
    SINGANALLUR
    COIMBATORE 5

Sir,
    Already I closed my SBI credit card No.4317 5750 7541 6710, 4317 5750 7541 6702 on 02 /08/ 07
    and surrendered the broken card with covering letter to you . Now I am not using my
    SBI Credit card from the above said date onwards. But still I received the A/C
    Statements from your side with fine, So I kindly request you to close my credit card
    A/C if it is in active form .I am not responsible, if anybody’is misusage of this card in
    future . Treat this is as most urgent

Coimbatore

Dear Sir,

Sub: Requistion for Reversal of Annual fee-reg
    Ref: My Credit card no: 4006 6760 1457 1940-GOLD CARD

With reference to my June month statement I have been charged by you as Annual fee of Rs1500+211.97, Even though I am Life time free card member, Please refer my previous statements& your approvals.
    I humbly request you to reverse my annual fee, I am not in position to remit the above amount, . I hope you will do me favor in this regard.
    Thanking you,