SB Magazines, Inc. / Non Delivery of Order, No Refund

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I am in California - this company is based in Golden, Colorado.

Door to door Magazine sales ("helping a student")... I placed an order in November, 2008 - for $65. They did not tell me that this magazine was no longer available. I waited the requested 120 days before calling them about the subscription. They offered a substitution, I declined, and requested a refund. At that time I was able to get an email response - the rep. told me to mail copies of the order, canceled check, and a letter as to why I wanted a refund. Since then I've mailed, faxed, emailed, called... I cannot reach a message center or live person. They are either helping a customer or not in the office. No response.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Sep, 2009
    SB Magazines, Inc - Non Receipt of Subscription
    SB Magazines, Inc
    Kansas

I ordered several magazine subscriptions from a door to door salesman. He was a young man saying he was trying to make a good living so he could go to college and stay off the streets. Sounded like a good cause. After spending $285 in April of 2009, I have yet to receive a magazine. My first contact was to American Cash Awards who no longer does business with SB Magazines. She gave me the name of the "owner" who never returns phone calls. Most of the time when I call this Lucius Pierce, his mailbox is full and I am unable to even leave a message. When calling the customer service number listed with the BBB, it routes the calls back to American Cash Awards, who will not help you.

• Re
      22nd of Jun, 2010

Call Sonia Byrd at 832-496-7400 she is the office manager of this magazine company also known as SB Magazines/Strictly Business Magazines or Urban Success...the owner is Lucius Pierce. They are a very fraudulent company that goes around the U.S. taking peoples money for magazines subcriptions but never sending the magazines. I too have been a victim and am assisting people to get their money back.

• Bu
      12th of Sep, 2010

Well first of all these are not true statements. Lucius pierce is not the owner of urban success nor is Sonya Byrd the office manager.
    Secondly if you can show me a big or any size business where there isnt any mistakes and ill show you a million dollars in quarters. the correct number for a refund or your magazine delivery is (800) 643-0655.. Please people stop being so quick to judge, especially all you people who own business' im quite sure if we looked you up there will be complaints as well... Ive been buying magazines from this company for 10yrs i never had a problem... now what could of happened is the salespersons handwriting, or the wrong address, or any type of normal mistakes, , please people its not that serious to go to jail for a measley 65.oo thanxs

• Cj
      16th of Nov, 2010

Web: http://www.stricklybusiness1.com/

Here is their updated information. Looks like they change company names every couple months to allude authorities and continue their scam.

• Cj
      16th of Nov, 2010

• 1g
      29th of Nov, 2010

I bought a 3 yeasr subscription for SB too. The rep's name was Marvin Sparks. This was in July 2010 an I never received anything. the number on the slip goes to a voicemail with a lady that uses poor grammar and the voicemail is always full. I did some research and found home information for Lucius Pierce. It is 2707 Taylorcrest, Missouri City, TX 77459. His home # is listed as 281-778-8834. I plan to call him tomorrow to make his Thanksgiving real nice and I WILL be getting my money back. I talked to Sonia Byrd who is showing is witht the company and she told me that she left that company 3 years ago and gave me a number to contact Lucius at 281-778-8834. I called it and no id on voicemail but is a good number. Hope this helps anyone else that got ripped off. I have a lot more info on him. Let me know what you need!