Sb *fun Family Rewards 888 - 527 - 6839 Tx $ 9. 95 / This account was cancelled once

1 1307 W Chestnut AveDuncan, OK, United States Review updated:

I've cancelled this charge being taken from my credit card once, but it's being charged to my card again.
I want it cancelled and stopped! Immediately!!
I don't want any calls, i just want it stopped now.
Vicki l. Gill

Comments

• Sm
      14th of Jul, 2008

stop charging my card every month!!!

• Ph
      16th of Jul, 2008

I've had the same charge being taken out of my account for a few months now. What is it and how do I stop it?

• As
      21st of Jul, 2008

I've had the same charge being taken out of my account for a few months now. actually this month they took it baout a couple times What is it and how do I stop it?

i dont want this to continue

21st of Jul, 2008

I called the number above (888-527-6839), and went through the phone prompts to discontinue membership in the JC Penney "Fun Family Rewards". It seemed fairly painless.

I had searched through my online statements and found only one other additional charge, which may or may not be refunded; time will tell.

I am absolutely disgusted with this automatic 'opt-in' rewards program that I would have never signed up for. For what its worth, I have decided to avoid internet shopping from JC Penney, and I will probably avoid their stores as well. There did not appear to be any other way to provide feedback to JC Penney.

Good luck all.
    -Marc

• Mj
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I have just called these people AGAIN. They are telling me NO money is taken out of my account, however, every month there it is $9.95. What can we all do to get all of our money back we are losing a month?

14th of Aug, 2008

Stop unathorizathed charge to my credit card, please be honest!!! It is very abuse from you!! Ill report it to authorities..

• Lj
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I called my bank to try to stop the charges. They told me the only thing I could do was to cancel my debit card and get another one. I went through the process and to my surprise, the charge showed up again this month. I don't remember authorizing the charge in the first place. I certainly haven't received any benefit from the charge. Shame on you J. C. Penney!

24th of Aug, 2008

I am also charged the same thing. I am trying to get it resolved.

• Ju
      29th of Aug, 2008

Kindly cancel my subscription to Fun Family Awards immediately and do not charge the fee again to my credit card. Judith L. Swanson

1st of Oct, 2008

I just found out I have been charged $9.95 since January. I have no idea how I was signed up for this and did not authorize these charges. I called and they said they would cancel and credit me only 3 months. I asked to speak to a manager and they said the manager was not in. This is making me not want to shop at JC Pennys.

• Sh
      13th of Nov, 2008

Ijust found this charge on my card too. I never authorized this

1st of Feb, 2009

I just found out I have been charged $9.95 since January. I have no idea how I was signed up for this and did not authorize these charges. I called my bank to try to stop the charges. Hey changed my plastic card`s, but the carges continuing.

14th of Mar, 2009

I just called and they said that I must have clicked a button that said I can save $10. He said in the fine print it tells you that you will be charged 9.95 for this benifit. I only remeber looking at it, I never authorized anything... He said he was going to credit back my account with in three days... I suppose we will se.

• Bl
      15th of May, 2009

JC PENNY are commiting a fraud report the company to BBB.com

• Fe
      8th of Jun, 2009

I placed an order through JcPenny, but didn't authorize anyone to deduct any additional funds from my account. Yes, I do believe JcPenny is commiting a fraud by taking monies from customers cc when they make online purchases.

• Na
      8th of Jun, 2009

This SB Fun Family Reward program is a scam to all that shop online with JC Penney. I have read a lot of the comments on this website. I have called and cancelled, but I fear that this is not going to happen as far as a refund of 4 months to my account.

My concern is others being taken in by this disceptive trade practice and hope that no one else will be taken by this.

The BBB will be called by me and I WILL report them for their actions.

The DTP needs to know about this abuse to all consumers.

• De
      9th of Jun, 2009
    SB fun Family Awards - unauthorized charges
    JC Penny
    Springfield
    Missouri
    Phone: 888-527-6839

I just noticed unauthorized charges to my bank account for several months. How do I get is stopped?

30th of Jun, 2009

I want this charge stopped I didnt authorize anything and from my opinion its fraud. If I dont get the refund and the charges stopped I will report you to the BBB.

• Bw
      16th of Jul, 2009

I too have had this 9.95 monthly charge coming out of my account for the past year. and I have never bought anything from JCPennys online.they have caused my bank account to bounce at least 3 time in the pas t yr. and I never knew why till yesterday.

I did get them to refund my money for the past 4 months but that's all they would do for me at this time. and when Iasked them what I bought or how much the purchace was they couldn't tell me.
    I am so pissed right now. I will be contacting the BBB. to report this complaint.

• Mc
      17th of Jul, 2009

I WILL not order anything again from JC Penney. $10 off? What ever. Not only did I not get $10 off but there was nothing in the ordering process about a monthly membership scam. You have to sign the back of the $10 check and that will automatically enroll you into a yearly membership costing $9.95 a month. So be aware before you sign that $10 rebate. If this is happening to you report it to your states Attorney General. It is his/her job to keep these guys in check.