SB Family Fun Rewards / Continued charging on credit card

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I have repeatedly requested the charge be discontinued. IT WAS NOT AUTHORIZED. I have to go through hoops and file a dispute with the credit card company EVERY MONTH> I am sick of it. I have emailed and telephoned these people numerous times.

Comments

• St
      17th of Sep, 2008

My wife bought something from jcpenny and now this charge appears, will dispute if they do not refund as she never signed up for anything at the time.

17th of Sep, 2008

I also have this recurring charge showing up on my bank statement, and cannot figure out what it is for. Do either of you have the contact info for the company so I can stop this?

it show up on my statement as Sb *fun Family with a string of numbers/letters following it.

Thanks!

• St
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I signed on to my bank account today only to find some charge I had no clue of. After searching I find this Fun Family Rewards. I absolutely could not believe that this is what JC Penny is doing. I called the corporate office only to get a rude lady who tells me " they can research the tapes and I need to call family fun" So I ask her why with JC Penny being such a reputable company would they be running such a scam. And she tells me my accusations are so not true, yet I have money taken out of my account for something that I did not purchase. I told her there were hundreds of people on here that had had the same thing happen. But she does not care, all they care about is making their money doesn't matter if they have to steal or not.

So I call Family Rewards who tells me that I did sign up and I am a member of this, so I asked if they can prove that I signed up for this only for the girl to tell me she does not have information like this but she is sure they have it. Well where the HECK is it??? She goes on to tell me there are many members of this and people that actually call everyday trying to join. Well if this is the case, then why do you not go another way about signing people up for it. They should have to fill out of form with their information on it to join. That seems like it would save a lot of headaches on both ends, but instead if you order from JC Penny they just pass along your bank info to this company to put fraudulent charges on your card. Well of course she said that she was not sure how they go about signing people up and she did not have answers for those questions.

I only got charged for this once so far, 9.95, maybe it is only 9.95 but it is MY 9.95 that I worked hard for you to turn around and Steal for me after I ordered your products. So to quote your post

"At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns."

If you really cared so much about customers and your reputation you would stop stealing from people and like I said have them fill out forms or find some other legit way to sign people up.

I have contacted the US attorney General, BBB, also I am contacting Good Morning America, Today show, any TV station I can to let everyone in US know what you are doing to people!!! If my money is not refunded today I will contact a lawyer. We should file a class action lawsuit. With the economy like it is today we have too many things to worry about we should not have to worry about JC PENNY stealing money from us!!! This has to be stopped and I am going to spend DAY AND NIGHT until something is done about it.

Please please if this has happened to you, contact the better business bureau, your states attorney general, I even contact Texas attorney general since the corporate office is there. Please do this so we can stop them, do not let them continue taking money from people like this, even if your money was refunded, we can stop it from happening to anyone else

27th of Jul, 2009

I think that we should file a legal document. I am going through the same thing. I can't even contact them! The 6939 number recording says that I can't call that number because it out of my area code!!! The new number is just a recording to direct market more crap.

• Ck
      10th of Oct, 2009

I just found that this company or whatever you would like to call it, has been stealing 9.95 for the last two months from me out of my banking acct. i went to my bank and explained to the lady what has been happening. I was told to call the company needless to say they are some sort of sponsers of JC penny's. I told this family fun rew's woman i wanted my money back, for this to stop immediatly and that i never authorized any of this to be happening. The only thing she could say to me was " While i have you on the phone i can give you a $10.00 discount off any online shopping with JC penny's" I said over and over to the lady why the hell would i want a discount online, and no i am not ever going to be buying anyhting off line from JC penny's ever again! Also the lady could not tell me what i was being charged for or why, which is pretty shady if you ask me. Now its going to be some kind of waiting game until i see if this place is either going to credit my acct back or more than likely going to charge my acct again.
    If this is happening to any one else i would advise you to call the company you can go to your bank and they should be able to give you the number to the place.

• Ka
      12th of Dec, 2009

I've been charged by this fun family reward for over half year and I just found out today!!! I called them but they said they have my email address and they have sent me email to confirm the information. Hell I never got any email from them! I asked for refund but they refused to do so and their attitude was very bad that made me want to kick their ###! I called my bank to dispute my charges but they can only pursue it if they charged me again. I don't know what to do with the nearly 60 bucks that they have stolen from me. The bank said I either see it as a lost or contact the whatever company directly. I am very pissed and I don't think I would ever shop in JC Penny again!

• De
      25th of Jan, 2010
    SB Family Fun Rewards - never orderd
    deborah stewart
    1923 powder branch road
    johnson city
    Phone: 423-434-2061

I have never ordered this product, it has been been on my credit card account for quite some some time

• Ms
      15th of Mar, 2010
    SB Family Fun Rewards - please stop taking money out of my account
    jc pennys family fun rewards
    Kentucky

I have askede time and time again for sb family rewards to stop takin money from my account I have never used these rewards and never will I will not shop at your store until you do

• Ms
      15th of Mar, 2010

Why is it so hard to get sb rewards to understand I do not want their family fun rewards. I have tried to get this stoped for over a year, I have called the number that has sowed up on my account and was told it would be stop and still every month it comer out of my account. I refuse to buy anything from j.c. pennys depts. until ths transaction has stopped.

• Le
      8th of Jul, 2010
    SB Family Fun Rewards - never joined
    sb family fun rewards
    251 South Valley Dr. # 32
    Phone: 307.789.0307

My bank account showed a charge of #19.95 from this company also referred to as Int*intelius SB. I never joined this and do not even know what service it provides. I would like my money re-deposited into my account and all contact with this company severed. Please advise. Thank you and take care.
    Leslie

• In
      8th of Jul, 2010

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Hs
      15th of Mar, 2011

I just called after reading my bank account and noticing I was being charged $9.95 since January of 2010, that's $140 worth of charges I wasn't aware of. Apparently I signed up for something upon purchasing something from JcPenny's online store. I called them up from the number posted by Melissa Lemmons, only to find out the number I needed was actually 1-888-527-6839. So I called them up only to be told that I did sign up for this, which I certainly wasn't aware of. I told them to cancel my membership immediately and instead the customer service person tried to sell me on the rewards of essentially, being charged for something I've never used. I asked to talked to a supervisor immediately because I wanted a full refund and immediate cancellation of my "subscription". I was told that there is no one available to take my call (on a Tuesday, no less) and that someone would call me back within 24-48 hours. I will be writing another review upon return of my phone call. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM JCPENNY ONLINE! That's the best advice I can give anyone.