Sawnee emc an energy provider in north georgia / over priced/very quick to disconnect power

1 Cumming, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-887-2363

oh where do i begin. i have been in there service area since 2004. i was a previous georgia power customer and a happy one at that! since ive been with sawnee emc my rates were imediatly 30 to 40 % higher than georgia power and i am an electrical service tech that serves north ga. and i ask all my clients about there power bills and more than 80% of my customers have complained about higher rates with sawnee emc as opposed to other energy providers. then i recently got 3 weeks behind for the first time since being with them and paid my bill then 2 weeks later i come home and my powers off due to another high bill that i only received 4 days earlier YES! i got my bill and 4 days later they shut off my power with a family my wife and 3 daughters! over the years i have tried to see if georgia power could service my home but they couldnt due to my area unfortunatly me and thousands others like me have to use them! they have litteraly got us by the neck and they know it! we the little guys will never stand up and do something! so they think! i called and after 20 minutes on the phone i kept asking each person to give me there boss and the last person i spoke with said he's not in when i asked to speak with the vice president but then he mysteriously shows up when i raise cain with her and tell her im sure i will only get his voice mail! he then puts me on speaker phone probaly to laugh with the other scam artist in the room at the time! so i laid into him about there over charging customers and how they sit back and ignore us the ones who pay for his bills and the food on his familys table all the while he said not one word before i hung up on him in anger! so i had no choice but to pay my over charged bill and a reconnect fee of $70.00 talk about a rip off knowing they were still in my area and it just so happend the elderly woman in front of me was over charged $260.00 YES 260.00!! HOW IRONIC!! then 2 yaers ago i installed a powersave device wich you can buy them at powrsave1200.com ive been installing these for years anyhow they lower your power bills as much as 90% in some cases. but when i put one on my personal home my bills mysteriously went up because they raised my rates i guess so i called and raised cain and of course got the run around! but its time we the little guys stand up and exersise our freedom of speech and protest these scam artist!! sorry for the sloppy writing im still furious with them and its hard to concentrate while being this mad1

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2010

Horrible company! I hate this place with a passion! Firstly I’ve never had to pay a deposit anywhere but when I moved I had to obtain services with Sawnee EMC and not Georgia Power. My deposit was $300 and they will NOT credit your account until you lived in your apt. or home for more than 30 months! This place is a joke and the customer service reps are rude and racist individuals in my humble opinion. Try asking for budget billing, ha, even more hilarious because it was the same amount as my ridiculously high monthly bill associated with them. When I was with Georgia Power, I never had a monthly bill over $60 during my 4 years with them. With Sawnee EMC, I’ve never had a monthly bill less than $60 and I live alone! The rates are horrendous and I give anything if I could be switched back to Georgia Power! I hate this place!

• Ms
      29th of Jun, 2010

I just called to set up my new service, they are requesting a deposit of $340.00, What!? . I have been with GA power for years, with no late payments and they want a 340.00 deposit just to set up the service, I find this umbelivable. How can they do that ?
    I have no where else to go to get power. So what am I suppose to do if i cannot afford this . This is crazy

• Fo
      2nd of Dec, 2010

i am being charged a 450 dollar deposit to get service. I told them i could not afford it and was willing to make payments. I also mentioned it's 32 degree's outside and i have an infant. They have refused me service and i am sitting in the dark with my children and no hope for power for the next two weeks when i get paid. They don't care apparently. I offered to make payments or switch to GA power or something... This is a monopoly and i am sure it's illegal to deny a person service outright. If my child falls ill i'll pay anything to sue them and get my pound of flesh !

• Ti
      20th of Dec, 2010

Okay, everyone should call the Atlanta Journal! I have had enough of sawnee ! They have charged me 150.00 deposit, 70.00 fee for turning my power back on, 15.00 service charge and another 3.50 charge to actually pay! What a RIP OFF COMPANY! They should be ashamed of their selves. I ask everyone that has EVER been done wrong by this company to STAND UP----CALL the AJC and let's show them what happens when you mess with normal hardworking Americans. I am even going to call the Mayors Office and Senators office. It is time that we should be able to choose what electrical provider we want and not be charged up the freakin hill for making a 2-3 day late payment. Word of advice for everybody-----Sawnee transfer to a supervisor named Mr. Bennett. He is a A-HOLE and will not help you. On top of that, he refuses to let customers speak to his boss. What he does not know is one day he is going to say that to a person with some kinda power and end up without a JOB!

• Me
      8th of Jan, 2011

I was charged a $400.00 deposit 9months ago, when I relocated to their
    territory. I was hoping it would be Georgia Power, but it seems they control one half of the subdivision and GP the other. I previously had
    service with them beginning in 2001 til 2005. I was charged a deposit
    of $150.00 and had to request my deposit back after 1yr. They were planning on adjusting the bill. I informed the CSR I wanted it back the
    way I gave it.They are predators, I was never late, as a previous customer with them, but it does not matter. I had signed a lease before
    I knew there was a $400.00 deposit, had I had known prior to that I would not have moved in. This company knows it's not regulated by
    Georgia power regulators, which is why a emc cooperative is in place,
    supposedly regulated by it's members you and I. How many of you voted to be gouged like this. Indeed the AJC or CBS investigative reporters need
    a link to this board.

• Il
      2nd of Mar, 2011

If you don't get anywhere speaking to Mr. T Bennett, then try his boss Mr. Ryan Satterfield. Then you can go up from there: Gary Mauldin-COO, Michael Goodroe-CEO, Board of Directors.

Good Luck, the only way to change the place is to vote in a new Board of Directors that actually care about something other than drawing additional income for sitting in on meetings. Once new, caring Directors are in place, it needs to result in an overhaul of all the executives there. If they are not A-holes, they are perverted or walking a fine line of sexual harassment charges.

Ask them why you have to pay in order for "key employees" to have smart phones, what is the purpose, did the blackberries not suffice? They already had nice cell phones, lap tops and company cars. All paid for by you. I wonder how much would have been returned to you in your capital credits if the unnecessary spending was cut. Maybe that is a project that the CFO needs to look into.