Sawicki Motor Company / Service Dept.

1 1260 N 7th StRochelle, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 815-562-8787

Long story short: I drove my car from Rochelle to Rockford, IL - a 30 min. trip at the most on 12/11/10 to do some Christmas shopping. When my son & I arrived in Rockford, we decided to eat lunch first. We spent about 20 mins. eating & returned to the car to do some shopping. The car wouldn't start. It made a grunting sound & the horn beeped. It did this every time I tried starting it until there was nothing. The digital system was messed up. It kept saying Charging System Failure, headlamps suggested, etc. We called a dealership for a tow. They said it wasn't the battery, that it probably was the alternator or starter. My husband came to pick us up. He checked the battery & it wasn't that. He called Sawicki's, since we purchased the car from them, & they said they would tow it back to Rochelle. When they arrived in Rockford they tried starting it & it wouldn't start. They towed it. After leaving it parked inside their shop all weekend, they tried starting it Monday afternoon & it started right up. They said it was just cold. Not true. It is parked in a garage every night & we drove it that far & left it sit for only 20 mins. max. They kept my car until 12/14/10, offered no loaner vehicle, and ended up finding nothing wrong with it. My gran prix is a 2008 with only 23, 500 miles on it. All under warranty. If I were driving locally all the time I would have access to calling someone if this happens again, which I'm sure it will. I drive to Arkansas alot to see my folks and sometimes I take my daughter & 3 month old grandaughter with. If this were to happen on a trip like that, I would be more than thoroughly pissed. This is not the first time I've had problems with the Sawicki dealership. I will be taking my car for a second opinion & I better not be charged for it, since it is still under warranty, and Sawicki's did absolutely nothing to it. There is a reason it did this & don't tell me there isn't. I will be sending many letters out & doing the best I can to spread the word about the service at Sawicki's. We do live in a small community & word travels fast.

Kelly Johnson
128 Shirley Ave
Rochelle, IL 61068
[protected]

Comments

• Ac
      18th of Mar, 2011

A loaner vehicle was offered as it was under warranty. The Loaner vehicle was declined by your husband. The vehicle did not act up one time while in the shop, we even parked it outside thinking it was a temperature related issue, And althouh you keep in garaged does not mena the tempratures are the same. we checked battery cable connections, leads, fuses, fuse links, alternator output and battery output. We also check ignition and security connections and sensors. Nothing was acting up. Shy of just throwing parts at the vehicle and possibly still not fixing it we did what could be done. Gm does not allow for parts to be put on a vehicle w/o a confirmed failure. You can send all the letters you want but anyone that has a clue about what goes on will know that a vehcile can not be fixed when it does not act up. I am not denying that there is a problem but it is so intermittant that it could nto be found. Get off your high horse and realize that it jsut could not be fixed at the time. Everything possible including call GM/tech assist for help in diagnosis was done. Until you know the real story SHUT UP. the technician working on your car spent several days trying to find the problem and got paid nothing. Your husband runs a business, Im sure your husband charges for service calls and gets paid for everything he does. So next time you decide to bad mouth another company you had better understand what was doen on your behalf and for free. Also realize you are a business owner and talkinng as you do just makes you look horrible in the publics eye as well. I will make sure that your business suffers as well (if you wanna play that game). Johnson electric-rochelle illinois Oh, one more thing- you stated that the vehicle would not start so you towed it. The tow driver did start the vehicle when he arrived and you chose to have it towed anyway.. Before you bad mouth someone you had at least better tell the truth. Dont get me wrong-Sawicki is no good place to do business or work but I dont believe in the blame game when there was no Blame. Sawicki did not build your car nor cause it to break down we only tried to fix a problem that would not present itself because it was intermittant.

• Hu
      16th of Nov, 2012

if you read the response that sawicki wrote you should clearly be able to tell where you should not buy a car from what company tells someone to shut up on a public site!

19th of Nov, 2012

I'm not going to get into it with acheiver2200, who obviously can't say much when he can't even sign his name to his complaint, but I do want to clarify that I don't have an issue with Sawicki's as far as purchasing vehicles from them. My husband & I buy & will continue to buy our vehicles from them no matter what. Yes, I had an issue with the service department but that does not reflect on my future endeavors with them by any means. Maybe my car just happened to be a lemon. Who knows. To Sawicki's...I am more than happy to do business with you! Just b/c a person has a complaint about something does not mean I will no longer do business with them. You have always been very helpful & cooperative with us. Thank you!

19th of Nov, 2012

Hmm, don't know what happened with my text above, so please excuse the way the first couple of lines printed.

19th of Nov, 2012

It's that darn and (&) sign!