Savvy Sneaks / Advantage Bridal / Shoes on website not same as received

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I saw a beautiful pair of decorated platform sneakers for my wedding. I bought them only about 2 weeks before the wedding. Asked for rush production, followed directions in the email confirmation, but never received a response. I eventually called them, and they said they would have them to me before the wedding...which they did.

One week before the wedding I got the shoes...that looked completely different from the website. I called them to complain, merely to ask for a refund or for a new pair of shoes that were the correct ones. They simply said "well I'm holding the shoe here, it looks close enough". Unfortunately I didn't order a shoe that looks "close enough" to the picture. They kept saying "all sales final and no refunds". And I kept saying, that you can't just give me any shoe you have laying around and not expect me to complain. They wouldn't respond to my emails that they requested, and never gave me the shoes I ordered before the wedding...so I had to wear the shoes they gave me.

After the wedding, I contact them, and after several people, somebody finally would talk to me about this issue. They finally offered to give me in store credit, if I sent the shoes back, for an amount less than the shoes and shipping were worth. I stated that I wanted my money back, and would send back my used shoes. They refused. Unfortunately, I do not need anything from a wedding shop, I'm already married.

They would never budge, I had to file a dispute of the charge with American Express (who I paid with), and they have refunded my money. Stating that Advantage Bridal wouldn't comply with their requests for information.

Do not buy from Savvy Sneaks or they affilliates (Advantage Products, Advantage Bridal).

Re

Comments

• Di
      25th of Jun, 2009

I am in the middle of a dispute with AdvantageBridal.com now. They are exactly as described in this complaint. I repeatedly sent emails and left voicemails letting them know that the shoes I had ordered online came the night before my event and were sizes too large. I wanted a refund since there was absolutely no opportunity to get a correct size and dye the shoes in time for my date (sent a minimum of 3 emails and left 2 voicemails). I waited about 2 weeks for a response, never got one, so I shipped the shoes back directly to them along with a letter explaining why I shipped them back. They refused the UPS delivery and returned the shoes back to me in New Jersey! I had already paid to have them shipped to me, spent another $9.41 to ship them back. Once they refused the shipment, I was irate! They finally did speak with me on the phone (took many intense and angry conversations to get them to listen). After weeks of fighting, they agreed to refund my shoe cost but expect me to spend another $9.41 to ship them back yet AGAIN and will not refund that shipping cost.

While their website does say in the section under returns that they will only exchange their shoes, if they send them the day before (waiting weeks to ship the shoes in the first place) there is absolutely no way to resolve this in a reasonable way.

I would NEVER do business with this company under any circumstances.

• Kr
      15th of May, 2013

I too have had problems with Advantage Bridal sending the incorrect Savvy Sneaks. I ordered the backless, platform sneakers and when they arrived they were canvas, full back KEDs! I called on Monday, May 6, 2013 and talked to Cindy and told her I did not order these shoes and she said no returns no exchanges. I told her that it was their mistake not mine, the shoe pictured on website was what I ordered and she responded that the shoe pictured (backless) was only there for showing the custom decorating. I told her it should be shown on a different shoe, it was misleading and no statement was there saying you won't get this shoe!! She said she would check with the credit department and call me ASAP. Two days later I called got the same girl and she assured me she would hear that day. I once again stated I had spent $69 on shoes I didn't order it was their mistake, false advertising. Never received a call, called back May 15, 2013 got a different girl, told her the whole problem and she said no refunds, exchanges, I told her it was false advertising. I asked about the credit dept.'s decision and she didn't know anything. I filed a complaint on advertising with the Better Business Bureau and a formal complaint faxed to the company.

• Kr
      16th of May, 2013

I posted yesterday that I had problems with Advantage Bridal as well with the Savvy Sneaks. I faxed a complaint and within the hour, the owner of the company called me and apologized for the way I was treated and was more than willing to work with me on my issue. She bent over backwards to resolve my issue. I am more than happy that they worked with me!