SavingSmart.com / Rip off

United States Review updated:
This company has taken much money from me. I had finally contacted them via email and they did refund $14.95 a month but are still continuing to charge me $1 and month and at inconvenient times causing me a $30 Overdraft charge EVERY month. I want this to stop and I want ALL my money back. Will look into bank account and get totals and proof of everything. Need help on who to contact and what to do.

More SavingSmart.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Na
  22nd of Dec, 2007
I have the same problem!

This is really making me irate that consumers have no power inspite of what is being advertised otherwise.
Sh
  27th of Dec, 2007
Same problem with me but now it is 3 different companies, savings mart included!!!
Ba
  14th of Jan, 2008
I WANT TO CANCEL NOW!!!!!!!! I HAVE CALLED MANY TIMES TO CANCEL. SO PLEASE CANCEL AS OF TODAY. THANK YOU. BARB HENNAGIR
He
  17th of Jan, 2008
I have been charged $29.95 per month with a few $1.00 charges thrown in. I want this account cancelled immediately! I will hire an attorney if my wishes are not followed...Henrietta Jend
Ja
  17th of Feb, 2008
Bills my credit card $1.00 0n several occasions, called them but I need a customer ID and I don"t know who the crooks are...
He
  11th of Aug, 2008
Savingsmart showed up on my statement a few months ago and has been charging $1.00 at the first of every month. i get the run around when i contact the number shown on my bank statement and they wont even talk to me without a "membership number" or my credit card number. I'm not going to give anyone my credit card number so then i requested that ID number be sent to me and never got it. Its frustrating because all my research on this keeps going back and forth between fraudulant companies and scammers...
De
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I have the same problem of $1.oo charges coming from my bank account. I quess I am going to try to block these by using a stop pay through my bank! I am at a loss as how to stop these unnerving with drawals.
Ru
  25th of Sep, 2008
i tried to cancel my account via e-mail, but was unable to do so. i am also being charged $1.00 a month. i am unable to make contact with them, so i will have to work through my credit card company and have my account changed. it seems riduculous to have to do this...
Ma
  18th of Mar, 2009
I was checking my debit card account and a charge for 1.00 was on there from this outfit I never have contacted them or authorized them to take money from me I have no idea how they got my debit card number which I just changed and then this shows up I want my money back and I think charges should be files
Ch
  23rd of Aug, 2010
Same thing happened 2 me I noticed a 29.95 charge, and found out this had been charge for the last 4 months I called my CC and they gave me this # 1 800 735 2244 to call for cancellation. I called and they told me no further charges would appear. I hope this is the case. I never signed up 4 this anmd don't understand how this happened. These guys charge 30$/month and provide no discernible service. An obvious scam.

CALL 1800 735 2244 TO CANCEL

Hope this helps
Sc
  7th of Dec, 2010
i have seen this charge appearing on my credit bill for the past 4 months at least as well as privacy protection. I have been charged 60.00 a month for nothing (apparently a program that gives me savings at stores and restaurants i do not even live near by or shop at). I called the phone number 1800 735 224 and spoke to the rep and they told me how it was signed up as well. it was on a site i have never heard of before. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they looked into it. The number you are calling deals with memberships in some sort of way however they reassured me that the subscriptions have been cancelled and i will not see the charges appear anymore. unfortunate to lose $240 for nothing.