Savings Ace / Ap9*savingsace charge

1 DE, United States Review updated:

Today I checked my bank statement and found an unauthorized charge for $19.95 from savingsace. I called [protected] and just stayed on the line until I was able to talk with a representative, since I have no membership number to give them...I didn't know I was even a member! I told him what the problem was...of course, he said I signed up for them when I signed up for classmates.com. I told him I didn't want whatever he was selling and he agreed to cancel my membership and refund the $19.95...we shall see if they do!!

Comments

• Je
      29th of Apr, 2009

Today it happened to me to, i check my statement an it said the same thing, 19.95 was taking out without me saying so, an man I was so ticked off, so I called them and they said that they had canceled the account an I told them about the 19.95 being taking out without my say so, an she said I would get refunded for it an I should have it in 2-3 business day, and I guess I shall see and f not Im calling and complaining again.

30th of Apr, 2009

is there any way we can alert classmates.com of the scam s/ace has on their site.? when i first signed up for classmates, i got a pop up that asked if i wanted to take advantage of the savings for S/Ace, ? i clicked '' no thanks ''.!!! but i was still signed up..! there is no contact info for classmates.com on the site.

• Pi
      12th of May, 2009

I GOT A LETTER TODAY FROM SAVINGS ACE IN RE; THE OVER DRAFT ''THEY'' CAUSED ME WHEN ''THEY'' SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS THRU THE SAME POP UP I CLICKED- NO THANKS ON..! WELL, THE LETTER STATES'' THE OFFER THAT SAVINGS ACE CLEARLY PRESENTED TO ME VIA INTERNET WAS ACCEPTED BY ME... ###...! I CLICKED, NO THANKS.!!! I TRIED CALLING THE NUMBER ON THE LETTER FOR THE ''COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT'' BUT, IT'S A VOICE MAIL.. I THEN CALLED CLASS MATES.COM, THEY INSIST THAT WE MUST HAVE ACCEPTED THE OFFER ANDDDDDDDD SAVINGS ACE ONLY REFUNDED THE $ 19.95 AS A COURTESY..! THATS BULL..!!! I CLICKED ON '' NO---THANKS..!!! I LEFT MY NUMBER, WE WILL SEE IF THEY REPLY.. I WILL POST THE REPLY.. WHO THE HECK IS SAVINGS ACE ANYWAY..? THEY MUST NOT THINK MUCH OF THEIR COMPANY IF THEY HAVE TO TRICK US INTO SIGNING UP THROUGH CLASSMATES.COM..! IF YOU TRY TO CALL CLASSMATES, PRESS #2 FOR MARKETING, THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL GET A PERSON.. SHE WILL TAKE YOUR NAME + NUMBER AND SOMEONE WILL CALL IN 2 DAYS..
    FYI;;;; HERE IS ANOTHER NUMBER FOR SAVINGS ACRE-- '' COMPLIANCE DEPT'' 1-877-881-2356

• Ji
      16th of May, 2009

They charged 19.95 to our credit card without authorization!! They are getting card numbers from Vitacost.com somehow.
    I never authorized this company for any charges.

• Dl
      22nd of May, 2009

I, as the people above stated, checked my account and found a $19.95 charge that was unauthorized. I will be filing a complant with Reunion.com and the Texas Attorney Generals office. If everyone will submit a complaint to their states attorney general we might stop this scam company. The sad thing is Reunion.com supplies them with our account numbers.

• Br
      1st of Jul, 2009

You're right - they are getting their credit card numbers from VitaCost and a number of other websites. ScammingAce (sorry, did I misspell that? I meant SavingsAce, of course) has a contract with VitaCost. VitaCost sneaks the authorization into the fine print AFTER your order with them is completed.

The number for their Omaha, NE located company is 1-402-661-2000.

• En
      13th of Jul, 2009

It happened to me too!

Reunion.com are the real crooks.

• De
      6th of Aug, 2009

same problem here i checked the no, thanks also but on my statement this month ther it was 19.95 so i called also and was told (by automated system)that they would send me $10 man, this is "BEAT UP"AND i SHOULD JUST BEND OVER!!

6th of Aug, 2009

I did get my money back + my overdraft feessss<<((( plural ))) ...! dont even bother to call classmates or reunion.com... call >>>>>> SAVINGS ACE-- '' COMPLIANCE DEPT'' 1-877-881-2356... that was the only way I got my money back... leave as much info on the automated system; name-ace account #- phone # - address etc... Be sure on that msg you make it clear; if this is not corrected, you are going to the BBB and Consumer affairs and for your on FYI; BBB+Comsumer Affairs take complaints online.. Hope this helps.. OHH.!! By the way, I canned my Classmates account..! You should to as your payment info is there and available for folks like svngs Ace and More... To make sure these complaints are found in every Goggle of Classmates.com and Reunion.com and SavingsAce.com, I have the following tags>>>> shame on Classmates.com shame on Reunion.com Shame on Savings Ace SavingsAce savingsAce.com AP9

• Me
      21st of Aug, 2009

I also just checked my bank acct today & found a 19.95 chg by 'Savings Ace'. I have been a mbr of Classmates for several years, and this is the first time I've been scammed by them. Thx for the "compliance" dept's # to Savings Ace...I left them a voicemail. And guess I'll be cancelling my subscription to classmates.com as well.

21st of Aug, 2009

Huumm.. Maybe, this Savings Ace ALONG with Classmates.com and Reunion.com, should be exposed on national TV.. I think I will forward these complaints to local news. Lets see if Classmates.com wants to still talk as if WE are the idiots that knowingly agreed to the savings ace ad. I-on know about yall but, when that pop up from Saving ace came up, i clicked ''' NO THANKS ...!!! It just seems funny, Classmates.com readily hands over your bank info to these folks.. I told Classmates, if you had any concern for your users, you would allow the pop ups however, if we choose to except the pop up offer, we should have to RE-enter our bank info.

• Po
      29th of Aug, 2009

This site should be shut down for deceptive practices. I never signed up for anything even though they said I did through my Classmates site. It is obvioous from the number of similar complaints that they attempt to sneak into your account, charge for whatever and then are unresponsive when called on the phone.
    This is a pure and simple SCAM.

BBB, Shut them down please.

• Je
      5th of Sep, 2009

I also got checked my bank statement today. Only I had a charge for $24.95!!! The crazy thing is that I don't have a membership for any of the sites listed previously. As a matter of fact I didn't even have the internet at the time that they said I signed up for the offer. I am not even fooling around with them. Monday morning I am contacting my lawyer.

• Up
      11th of Sep, 2009

Have to add Vista Print to the companies that information is solicited from as well. I received a $14.95 charge from them that according to Trisha operator number 5415 I authorized while at the end process through Vista Print. Like most people here who at least did get a screen I hit NO THANKS but they have my billing information that is scary.

I have put in a call to 877-881-2356 left a message and they returned the call the next day. I am being told to FAX 402-661-2189 with a reference number Trisha gave me for them to REVIEW and Possibly may return the fee but they have CANCELLED membership. Funny you cancelled something I never authorized in the first place.

I usually don't use my debit card just because of occasions such as this.

• Do
      21st of Oct, 2009

Twice I have been hit by these people. Both times I called them they insisted that I was a member of whatever they are. I told them I had no interest in them and I want my money back. They do refund it but you have to go through a whole of punch this and punch that on your pho0ne before you can talk to a live person. It is still annoying to get these and then have to call them to get your money back.

Doug

• Mj
      13th of Nov, 2009

I also just noticed a $19.95 unknown charge on my account and called the number and it listed as "Ace Savings"----I think they got my info from Vitacost, saw this on another complaint on another site. This is ridiculous and am going to call tomorrow and threaten to go to bbb or legal recourse!!!

• As
      11th of Dec, 2009

Same thing happened to me through Vitacost.com. What a scam! I never authorized this.

• Sb
      28th of Mar, 2010

Unbelievable, this company is charging my business credit card without any authorization. Write your credit card company and be sure to follow up with a complaint to the Texas Attorney General.

• Sb
      28th of Mar, 2010

Unbelievable, SAVACE or Saving Ace is charging $19.95 each month on my business card without any authorization. I have no idea what this company does or who is providing them authorization. Call you credit card company and follow up with a note to the Attorney General.

• Ne
      21st of Apr, 2010

I got nailed by this company for 19.95 and it was when i joined My life.com. bunch of crooks. I never joined them.