SavingCity.net / Absolutely horrible experience!

At first I was somewhat apprehensive about ordering from SavingCity because the DVD's are manufactured in another country. I e-mailed Customer Service and was reassured and guaranteed that the DVD's are region free and would play on any DVD player.

I purchased two DVD box gift sets for Christmas gifts. The day after Christmas I discovered that the DVD's do not play on any of my DVD players.

I notified Saving City Customer Service and they indicated that I would get a full refund when the DVD's were returned. To my surprise I also discovered that they had to mailed back to the country of origin, in this case China. On January 4th, I mailed the DVD's back to China at a huge expense to me and waited to hear from Saving City that they were received so I could get my refund. By January 23rd I had not heard anything so I called International Customs and found that the DVD's were delivered on 1/17. I notified Saving City that the DVD's were delivered to the address they supplied and I wanted my refund.

Many, many e-mails on my part and several from Saving City's Customer Service and Account Dept's assuring I would be getting my refund, I still have not received my refund - today is February 9th.

I would not buy anything from this company ever again. First, the fact that you have to mail any merchandise being returned internationally (like China) is a huge expense. Second, the Customer Service response time to e-mail inquiries is absolutely horrible and extremely slow, turn around time averages 4 days. Lastly, if you do require a refund good luck trying to get it. I'm not only out of merchandise that did not work and the cost of the defective merchandise, I'm also out a huge expense to mail the merchandise back to China.

Va

Comments

21st of Feb, 2007

I ordered a dvd series from Savingcity.net and they skip - I have repeatedly emailed - 6 times and called 6 times and have gotten no response. I'm not sure what to do or how else to report it - so I can have it taken care of. I just want a dvd set that works!

• Ha
      23rd of Feb, 2007

Exactly the same experience for a cancelled order. Still waiting for my refund.

• Do
      28th of Feb, 2007

I too placed an order with these people for 4 diff box sets and have not got them yet don't think i ever will. Have sent many emails which i never get any reply to so im in the progress of getting a refund from my credit card company.anybody thinking of doing any business with them should read these comments as you will not only not get what you ordered if you did you wont get what you payed for. Tracking details mean s**t there more than likely to be false. But remember they have 30 days in which they must deliver your goods or they will be in breach of contract with you and must then refund you. If you have payed by card get in touch with them to there fraud office as they will be the ones that refund you because i don't think this company is legal but just a bunch of chinese thiefs. P.S. They have 36 days in which they must refund you all this info was given to me by a lawyer. But i think you should all email go daddy there payment people to tell them about it.

• Ha
      6th of Mar, 2007

Finally got my refund (2 months later). Still had to pay $28 return postage to China. Will never order from them again.

• In
      9th of Mar, 2007
    SavingCity.net - No DVDs received

This is an update to my previous complaint. I wanted to cancel the order. Thay told me it was too late the items had shipped. I was given a UPS tracking number. When I go to the UPS web site that tracking number does not exsist.
    THEY DID NOT SHIP IT!!!
    THEY ARE CHEATS!!!!

• In
      9th of Mar, 2007
    SavingCity.net - Avoid SavingCity.net - they are cheats!

I ordered a set of DVD's on line on 2/16. Was told they would ship express mail in 2-3 days. 2-1/2 weeks later the order was still "Processing" but the charge for the items was on my credit card. I wrote an e-mail to customer service. It said sorry for the delay it would ship this week. Still "Processing". I tried to call the customer service number. It rang for 20-30 rings and then cut off. I tried to call 15-20 times with the same results. I wrote an e-mail that I wanted my order canceled. It was ignored and I got a duplicate of my earlier e-mail saying that the order would ship this week.

This company seems to be trying to get payment without sending the product. I would avoid them.

I wanted to cancel the order. They told me it was too late the items had shipped. I was given a UPS tracking number. When I go to the UPS web site that tracking number does not exist.

THEY DID NOT SHIP IT! THEY ARE CHEATS!

• Gi
      30th of Apr, 2007

Ordered many box sets for Xmas 2006 from http://www.savingcity.net/. They neither responded to phone calls or emails or written correspondence. Company gives Canadian address but bills you in US Dollars Immediately but never respond.

Do not place order as they do not deliver nor refund nor respond.

• Ar
      7th of May, 2007

I am sorry i did catch this before. I guess i have been had too!!! ordered a dvd set and it won't play on my dvd player. So far i have had no results in getting any satisfaction. Took 2 weeks to get it to begin with and now it won' play. I wish there was something could be done about people like this.

• Me
      24th of May, 2007

SavingCity.net are Horrible!!! I should have looked into the site before I shelled out my money. It took 3 months and 8 e mails to get my merchandise I also had to notify them that I contacted the Federal trade commission about my rights. I did receive the merchandise and it works on my DVD players but the poor customer service was just terrible. I am grateful that I finally received the sets.

• We
      17th of Jun, 2007
    SavingCity.net - This company is a fraud, don't buy from them!

I spent over $250 on dvd sets from this company November 2006. I waited over a month to get them, payment was on my credit card within a day. After many emails I finally received them only to find most didn't work on my player. The ones that did work had a pay tv symbol in the corner of the picture (Smallville series). So not only do they not play as guaranteed but the ones that do are PIRATED!

Also noted that a couple that did play had the wrong artwork on the disc, ie: it said season 2 disc 2 but was actually the same as season 2 disc 3. I contacted them complaining and was told to return for a refund. I did this in January 2007, costing me $60.00 . Months later they were returned to me after many many emails in which they claimed they didn't receive them. I returned again this time registered and insured. This was on 9th of May 2007 costing me another $65.00.

I was told by Australia Post that they were not delivered due to insufficient address details. I emailed and told them to go pick up the parcel at their end. No reply. I rang Aust post again and was told it was delivered on June 1st. I still have no reply to my many many emails or seen the promised refund. So far these dvd's have cost me $250 to buy then another $130 to return and now I have no goods, no refund and have out laid more money.

DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Not only are they liars and cheats, they are pirates as well. I will be contacting the relevant authorities to do them in well and truly. I am so angry about this, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

I urge others that have found the same thing to contact the authorities as well, we may not get our money back but at least the rotter's wont be able to continue doing this to others and getting away with it.

• Em
      16th of Jul, 2007
    SavingCity.net - Goods not received and I cannot get a response to my complaints
    Australia

On 29 March 2007, I ordered a DVD box set from Savingcity.net online. I paid via Paypal. Six weeks later I hadn't received the goods, so I checked my accounts. Paypal and my bank details stated that the payment had gone through. Savingcity.net's site told me it was 'Waiting for payment'.

OK. So I attempted to contact them via the email addresses provided on their site. No response. No response to my second, third or fourth emails either. Unfortunately I'd left it too late to lodge a dispute with Paypal, so no joy there.

As yet I have not received the goods, or a response to any of my complaints, or seen the payment status updated on my Savingcity account. In the past I have successfully ordered and received two DVDs from this company, so I cannot understand why this is a problem (although I paid by credit card for those - perhaps the problem is in receiving info from Paypal).

My advice - Do not buy from this company. While I was very happy with the other two orders I received from them, this experience has totally soured me. I'm also lodging a complaint with the Australian consumer affairs commission.

• Em
      16th of Jul, 2007

Has anybody had any joy getting their goods or refunds from Savingcity? I have just lodged formal complaints with econsumer.gov and the Australian, Canadian and US fair trade commissions. We'll see if anything happens. Incidentally, Donald Fredericks' comment that we should let GoDaddy know prompted me to look up Savingcity's ISP, and I found another contact name and email address (Bill Long, the admin guy, savingcitynet@yahoo.com), so I emailed him too. I will also be letting their ISP know that they're frauds.

• Da
      4th of Sep, 2007
    SavingCity.net - Pirated dvd's, no response from customer service

I bought a set of Charmed DVDs seasons 1-8 as a Christmas present in 2006 for my wife. Several of these dvds did not play in any of my dvd players (they claimed that they were all region free). They were packaged in plastic sleeves an came with no literature or identification on the discs. These dvds had very poor picture quality and I noticed that on seasons 7 and 8 that there was a WB logo from a New York station that would appear from time to time. The last two seasons appear to have been recorded illegally. After complaining to customer service, I was given a return address and told that I could ship them to China for a refund. It was very expensive to ship these dvds overseas, but I did it anyway mostly because I was so upset over the quality of their product. The dvds were supposed to arrive in 6-8 weeks. After 2 months went by, I begin sending many emails asking for the status of my return and I was always given the same answer, 'we have not received your return yet.' Well 6 months after I had sent these dvds to China, the package was returned to me and marked 'unclaimed'. For the last 2 months, I have sent several emails to customer service and still have not received a response.

• El
      17th of Apr, 2011
    SavingCity.net - No DVDs received
    SavingCity.net

I ordered DVDs from this company in March and they told the order would be shipped in 2-3 business days. 3 weeks later I contacted the customer service and they told me they are still processing my order. A week later I called them - no one responded. I wrote them again, and they again said they are processing my order and it will be shipped this week.

They charged my credit card the very next day after placed the order.

Still nothing received from them.