SaveOnBoating.com / Fraud and scam!

If your looking for some parts or supplies for your boat you might want to skip this place. I ordered a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from them last month and never received anything or heard from anyone. The only phone number i could find on the website goes to voicemail to what sounded like a cell phone. No response to numerous emails. I even got a new email and sent a question in to the site about a part just to see if anyone would respond, no response. Thankfully i paid with a credit card and was able to get my money back pretty easily. I did ruin a planned fishing trip. My fault... should have checked for an 800 number first and talked to someone before ordering, lesson learned.

In trying to find some kind of contact number for save on boating i found there ebay store operated by bowmarinc. Contacted them through that email with no response as well. I think they must be a dropshiper mainly.

So learn from me... look for a toll free number, check the web for info and remember to pay with a credit card.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2008

Same thing is happening to me! I ordered over $500 worth of stuff a week ago today, sent email asking about a ship date and got nothing. I went to track order status Saturday and it said "No record found." Now their crummy website is down.

I'm cancelling the credit card charges and going to a REPUTABLE dealer!!

• Gr
      25th of Apr, 2008

I ordered a Garelick 3 step Transom ladder on Tuesday 15th, it took 9 days to arrive, 3 days for UPS ground.

This is not bad because the www.saveonboating.com website was down for 3-4 days over the weekend.

On Monday I got a little worried and emailed the company. They were very nice and manually looked up the order status and gave me UPS Tracking number.

I decided to stick with the order because I saw that saveonboating also sells via ebay and has a very high rating.

They use the account name bowmarinc on ebay

The saveonboating gave me the follwing email about their website problem

The problem is that our site is the victim of an SQL Injection. All the fields in every table were injected with

Every link or picture that was generated by the db tried to forward to the URL above.

At first I thought someone manually hacked us ad did their work on one table (The sections table) I cleaned it up and then started checking other tables and every field had been hit. No way this job was done manually.

I'm not the only one http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enUS246US246&q=%3cscript+src%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww%2enihaorr1%2ecom%2f1%2ejs%3e%3c%2fscript%3e

• Do
      14th of Oct, 2008

THIER SITE WAS BROKEN FROM A VIRUS FOR A FEW WEEKS, THEY ENDED UP HAVING TO GO BACK TO AN OLDER DATABASE (MICROSOFT ACCESS) INSTEAD OF (MS SQL) THE GUY WORKED HIS ### OFF TRYING TO GET HIS SITE BACK UP AND RUNNING INSTEAD OF ANSWERING EMAILS ABOUT PEOPLE CRYING FOR A TRACKING NUMBER 15 MINUTES AFTER AN ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED. THIS GUY OWNS THE LARGEST PRIVATELY OWNED MARINE RETAIL STORE IN PINELLAS COUNTY, IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR 39 YEARS, HE DOES NOT DROPSHIP AND NEVER HAS DROP SHIPPED ONE SINGLE ITEM. I THINK YOU GUYS NEED TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE WITH YOUR TIME INSTEAD OF SPENDING IT HERE SPECULATING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, ALL YOU KNOW IS THAT YOU DIDN'T GET A TRACKING NUMBER YET SO YOU SIT AT HOME AND DREAM UP SOME WHOPPERS!! I KNOW, IT'S JUST LIKE YOUR FANTASY FISHING STORIES THAT YOU DREAM UP, BY THE WAY, WAS PAM ANDERSON IN THAT DREAM TOO??

DOUG

• In
      23rd of Jul, 2009

My advise is to stay away from this company.

I placed an order and 3 weeks later still no parts. I went to their web site to get information. Their order tracking system tells you nothing useful. I tried to call them but they have removed their phone number from the web site. I emailed them and got no response for a week. When I did finally get a response, I got some excuse about how the Internet operator quit...etc...etc. Sounds a bit like the computer virus excuse that they used previously. Long story short: Still no shipping information; Still no parts; still no refund!

For some insight on who you are dealing with: They had a question posted on the site regarding why they removed the phone number. The answer went on to talk about how they received tons of unnecessary calls and that it was a big distraction for them to deal with and still ship parts. ( I am paraphrasing here, I went to copy their actual response but they have sense cleaned it up with something less offensive). Nice to know that they consider customer service to be a distraction. Their piss poor handling of my situation confirmed this to be true!

Incidentaly, I wouldn't be surprised if the previous poster that defended saveonboating "Doug" works for or is affiliated with the company. He seems to have the same affinity for excusses and the same crappy attititude.