SaveMyHomeUSA.com / Fraud

1 1523 Chenoweth CircleBowling Green, KY, United States Review updated:

We hired this company when we knew we were going to have some financial hardships that would make our mortgage late & our bank wouldn't work with us. We'd never been late until that point. SMHUSA agent told us to quit paying the mortgage or we wouldn't look like we were in a financial hardship. We paid $1500 for them to negotiate a modification for us. 90 days & a milltion phone calls & emails later we were to find that they didn't negotiate a modification & our home was ready to be sold. SMHUSA was still telling us not to worry, the deal was almost complete & the bank was just trying to scare us. They'd said not to contact the bank directly because it would negate their authority. Finally we did contact the bank & found out that SMHUSA hadn't even contacted the bank in over 4 wks. We ended up having to pay $7665.00 to keep our home from being sold. They have ruined us financially, as we now cannot even refinance due to being late on our mortgage.

Ap

Comments

25th of May, 2009

I completely agree with you, they told me the same so i found americanlmg.com and they said the opposite before i told them what save my home said. American loan modification group was very honest with us and even though they charge a fee they accepted payments that we could handle and they really got things straight with our lender by doing a forensic loan audit on our mortgage. Try them, they are pretty good and at the very least they are real and honest. ask for jake or gina they assisted my wife and i. i dont have the number handy but the email is support@americanlmg.com or see the website to verify.

26th of May, 2009

Thanks! Once we save some money again, we'll definitely check them out.

• Ri
      2nd of Jun, 2009

We used Savemyhomeusa to negotiate our modification and they did a great job -- i did have my attorney look over the contact prior to me signing it and they do not guarantee stopping foreclosure they only negotiate the modification with your lender. They do have you sign a processing contract--- i would recommend that you read it and understand that they do not issue the final modification. Also if you do not make your mortgage payments it is not their fault you were the one that signed the contract with your lender not them. But on a lighter note they lowered my rate to a 2.5% fixed for 5 years...

3rd of Jun, 2009

The agent TOLD us not to make our mortgage payments because if we did it would make them less likely to modify. They don't guarantee a modification, but our contract did offer money back if they're not able to modify. I don't believe they still offer that, but I'm not sure. I will say that so far all indications show that we'll get our refund, but it's less than 1/7 of what we ended up having to pay our bank.
    We knew it was ultimately a bank decision, but when our loan officer said she hadn't had any contact from them in 4 wks, so she had to proceed with foreclosure, we knew that they didn't fulfill their obligation. Also, we continue to ask for copies of all correspondence between the SMH & our bank; the attorney actually approved & requested for that to happen himself, however the agent never complied.
    I'm sure there are some people who have benefited from SMH. I did research them ahead of time & believe some of their agents succeed, however obviously ours didn't meet the contract obligations. We feel we our account was handled unethically.
    Warning: If you work with them, be sure you stay in constant contact with your bank AND the agent & pay whatever you can on your mortgage.

• Ro
      9th of Jun, 2009

Savemyhomeusa was great they got me a modification taking me to a 2% for 5 years and i am saving over 1500 a month. My company cut my hours back and my wife was laid off so they saved my life and made it so my kids have a home to live in. They did a Audit on my loan and found several violations that helped them get me the deal that i got.

Thanks Troy

11th of Jun, 2009

Savemyhomeusa was great i saved a ton of money went from a 7.75 to a 3.75% rate... I think the person that posted the complaint just does not like to pay their bills... In the contract with them is says keep making your payments

9th of Jul, 2009

I definitely agree with Ann and I kept paying my mortgage or what i could through the process and they helped me greatly, over 5.5% off my rate! I'm sorry that you had an unethical person that told you something wrong the loan modification rep that helped me was John Nocera and he helped explain to me the whole process. I would try calling him for best results at 248-658-4388.

• Ku
      16th of Jul, 2009

Well to let you all know that there is a SAVEMYHOME and a SAVEMYHOMEUSA. Make sure you bash the correct one. From what I am reading it looks like SAVEMYHOME is the one that was in the wrong and SAVEMYHOMEUSA has been helping people.

• Sn
      4th of Aug, 2009

SaveMyHomueUSA most certainly recommends not paying anything, until the modification is approved. Which is soon. But it is not. I have many E-Mails addressing how uncomfortable I am not paying. Your situation may be different, but for me, this was a worst case scenario. They stroke you in the "everything will be okay" gloves, then when you find out that it's not, you are now too far behind to correct it. My mortgage is now a sexy 10.325% after paying both SaveMyHomeUSA and Ocwen. I would be better off with an adjustable mortgage. I accept responsibility for my original position. I do, however, have a little animosity towards the fact that they set you up for failure, and then say... well here we go... you're approved but it is going to cost you an assload more money. We, however keep our fee, because we got you a modification as guaranteed. I was told my mortgage was going to be half of what it is. Get a lawyer and do it the right way. It may seem pricey, but trust me, it's scratch money compared to those bottom-feeding in this industry. Good Luck, and i wish you better than I.

• Da
      7th of Aug, 2009

I could not afford my mortgage prior to save my home usa... I was down over 90 days and they were able to get the back payments tacked on the end of my loan and help me get a 3.5% for 30 years so i am very excited with the way they handled my file and processed my documents.

• Go
      9th of Aug, 2009

Save my home usa - Savemyhomeusa - Helped me i went from a 9% to a 3.5% I think people are thinking that modification company's can get everyone a 3% not true it is based on your lender- and financial hardship do some research on google or don't pay a company and go to hud.com they will give you good avice to try to do it your self.

• In
      11th of Aug, 2009

We are currently working with SavemyhomeUSA (SMHUSA) and everything was great at the beginning. Yes, they have told us that they are working hard and things look good. Although, I am not seeing the updates that they promised. Matter of fact last update was little more than two weeks ago. Called and they tell me that they are just waiting on the lender. Everything that Snyds67 reports has been the exact same for us. Just have a quesy feeling about this...want everything to work out. Will post updates if we ever get any.

• Sm
      12th of Aug, 2009

Oh, oh...poster "good--luck" just got caught lying. tsk, tsk...shame on you for pretending to be a satisfied customer with SMHUSA. Anyone who is interested should do a search here for the complaints titled "Save My Home USA Complaints-Didn't help" and see what poster "good--luck" had to say there. I'm sure most of the positive comments here regarding SMHUSA are bogus and made up by the company's crook owner and/or his cronies in crime.

• Sm
      12th of Aug, 2009

I also noticed that "good--luck" is from Madison Heights, MI which just so happens to be the same city and state that SMHUSA is located. Coincidence I'm sure.

18th of Aug, 2009

Hi! I'm the original poster on this thread & was very surprised at how many have posted since I've had the chance to come back. To answer one of the questions... it was DEFINITELY SAVE MY HOME USA who took us for the ride... NOT "Save my Home".
    #2 - to Indeed22 PLEASE follow up with your bank. Our agent told us to absolutely not talk to our bank & we PAID DEARLY!!. They didn't contact our bank for 4 wks and THEN when we put in the request for refund the agent scrambled to get us a modification at 8.75% when we started with 6%! Our loan officer told us that herself. Luckily she was kind enough to refuse it & we did get $1000 of our fee back from Save My Home USA... finally... of course we got the "check's in the mail" story from everyone for 3 wks before my husband contacted an attorney & told the one of the Company partners that himself (who also is supposed to be an attorney??). We got our check a few days later. Still we don't get any help with the additional $5000.00 in attorney fees we had to borrow from family & work to pay back. They did a LOT of the stroking to get us to stay silent, but the best thing anyone can do is work through the government hotline. These modification companies are great for huge lenders like Countrywide etc. But for hometown banks & smaller institutions, they just don't have the incentive to modify & so are more likely to fail. BEWARE!!!

• Je

THANK YOU SAVEMYHOMEUSA.COM,

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK SAVE MY HOME USA FOR HELPING ME SAVE MY HOME. I HAVE SEEN A TON OF BASHING ON THIS COMPLAINTS BOARD AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE DEAL IS EXCEPT THEY TOOK ME FROM A 8% TO A 3.5 % WITH BANK OF AMERICA AND I WAS 3 MONTHS BEHIND.

THANK YOU SAVEMYHOMEUSA.COM

YOU HELPED ME SAVEMYHOME

• Je
      18th of Aug, 2009

Homeowners fight for loan modifications from swamped mortgage servicers

By Pamela Yip

The Dallas Morning News (MCT)

DALLAS - After losing his job in January, Stuart Miller has fought hard to keep his home out of foreclosure.

At the end of May, the 55-year-old Plano, Texas, man began trying to get Wells Fargo & Co. to review his application for a loan modification.

After making repeated calls, he finally was told that the company would place a three-month moratorium on his mortgage payments.

"They're going to give me July, August and September, but I haven't paid June yet, " said Miller, a former trainer for a franchise company.

He's among many struggling homeowners who say their attempts to get a loan modification have been met with either long waits to get their case reviewed, no response at all or a runaround.

The Obama administration is leaning on mortgage servicers - the companies that collect and process mortgage payments - to step up modifications.

A report released last week by the Treasury Department showed wide variations in how quickly mortgage companies are helping troubled homeowners avoid foreclosures.

It also found the government's program is helping only a tiny fraction of struggling homeowners. As of July, only 9 percent of eligible borrowers had seen their mortgage payments reduced with modified loans, the report said.

"Much more progress is needed, " Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Shaun Donovan, secretary for Housing and Urban Development, wrote in a letter to mortgage companies. "There appears to be substantial variation among servicers in performance and borrower experience, as well as inconsistent results in converting trial modification offers into actual trial modifications."

Mortgage servicers said they're committed to working out more loan modifications, but they're overwhelmed by the number of homeowners all wanting help at the same time.

"It's a new ballgame, " said John Dalton, president of the Financial Services Roundtable's Housing Policy Council. "The delay is the fact that we've got 3 million people today who are 60 days past due on their loans. These servicers have not been accustomed to and were not geared up to deal with that many incoming calls with people having difficulty."

The industry also is reinventing itself to add loan modifications to its traditional role as the collector and processor of mortgage payments, he said.

"Loan modifications are a relatively new thing, " Dalton said.

A loan modification is different from a traditional mortgage refinancing. When you refinance, you sign a new contract for a new loan. A loan modification involves changing the existing loan by lengthening its term or lowering the interest rate so that you can continue to afford your mortgage payment.

Homeowners may be eligible for a loan modification if they have a mortgage payment greater than 31 percent of their monthly gross income and can document that a financial hardship has made the payment unaffordable.

Miller, the Plano homeowner, hopes he will soon receive a confirmation letter from Wells Fargo with the details of his loan modification. He said the process he underwent to get to this point was frustrating.

"My frustration is the time that it takes, " Miller said. "They have control of my financial life, and I can't talk to a decision-maker. They literally get to say whether I get to live in my house or my life gets completely turned upside-down, and I am literally at their mercy."

Wells Fargo officials said they're reviewing his situation.

"While the majority of our customers who request help are getting through to us and receiving the help they need, we know we've fallen short of our customer service goals in some cases, " Mike Heid, co-president of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, said this week. "We've recently undertaken new steps that will soon enable us to qualify most borrowers (for a modification)."

After I called a Wells Fargo spokesman for a response to Miller's situation, a company representative contacted him and told him that the financial institution would not report his delinquency to credit bureaus until his situation's resolved.

"I feel better now that I have a name of a person to talk to, " Miller said.

Bonnie Mathias of Dallas hopes for a similar outcome. She has applied for a loan modification with her servicer, CitiMortgage.

"It's been a nightmare, " said Mathias, a customer service representative at AT&T Advertising Solutions.

Her husband's company, which sold commercial exercise equipment, went out of business last September. He found another job, but his income is lower now.

Mathias applied for a loan modification in February.

"I'm having a difficult time getting my counselor from CitiMortgage to contact me, " said Mathias, a chapter leader at ACORN, the community organization that has been putting pressure on mortgage companies to help struggling homeowners. "This is my second counselor, and I have yet to talk to either one of them."

Mathias received a letter last month from a Citi representative saying she had been trying to reach Mathias.

"I have left four messages on her voice mail, " she said.

Despite the difficulty, Mathias doesn't plan to give up and advises others to do the same.

"Persistence absolutely is the key, " she said. "Do not give up."

When you apply, have at the ready the necessary documents, such as tax returns, pay stubs and a letter describing why your mortgage is unaffordable, and what caused your income to fall or expenses to rise. Not having the necessary documents will gum up the process of getting a loan modification.

And if anyone says you have to be behind on your mortgage payment to be eligible, don't believe them.

Homeowners are eligible if they are "at risk of imminent default."

Unfortunately, many responsible homeowners have been thrown into financial chaos by the sour economy and are now at risk of default.

They're making desperate, good-faith attempts to save their homes. It behooves mortgage servicers to move much faster to help those people.

RESOURCES FOR HOMEOWNERS

- www.makinghomeaffordable.gov - The Obama administration's program to help troubled homeowners avoid foreclosure.

- www.hopenow.com - A group of counselors, mortgage companies, investors and other mortgage market participants formed to help distressed homeowners. Call toll-free 1-888-995-4673 to reach credit counselors to who can help you with options.

- ACORN Housing - Call 214-823-4580 to find a housing counselor for free help.

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News research

(c) 2009, The Dallas Morning News.

Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.

• Be

Loan Modificaiton Fraud - SCAM - ATTORNEY GENERAL
    Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes
    Company information:
    SAVEMYHOMEUSA SCAM
    Madison Heights, Michigan
    SAVEMYHOMEUSA.COM

Best Loan Modification Companies - How to Stop Foreclosure

Countrywide consumers have many question right now concerning Loan Modification Companies and the legitimacy of loan modification programs. However, it has been proven that Loan Modifications are a reality and that it is possible to stop foreclosure proceedings through them.

According to Hector Milla editor of the “Best Loan Modification Companies” website -- www.BestLoanModificationCompanies.com -- through a loan mod those facing a foreclose proceeding are able to;

“… lower their payments, secondly they can get a lower interest rate and they can lower their overall principal, finally they are able to stop foreclosure immediately once they get the loan modified …

But that is not all, the value of homes has decreased and it is very likely that the value of houses close to be foreclosed has been decreased too, then it is possible to save in taxes, a visit to the county tax assessor is highly suggested, see the home values in the area and get information about the way to lower taxes based on the decrease. It is very likely that, if a reduction in taxes is granted that value will be maintained for some time.

H. Milla added “several people are trying to get their loan modified by themselves, that it is not recommendable if you don’t have some type of real estate background, the paper work can be tricky sometimes, trying to save some money can produce devastating effects in the future by misinterpreting the paperwork involved. The best and smart move is research in order to find a reputable company to handle your loan modification…”

The number of people desperate to save their homes is enormous nowadays, so lenders are more than willing to help borrowers to resolve foreclosure problems, those that do not know how to stop foreclosure should get --once again-- help from one of the best debt consolidation companies in the market. A home is a dream, use all possible alternatives to keep that dream alive.

Source: http://www.bestloanmodificationcompanies.com

Visit for further information, this website has listed the best 3 rated loan modification companies.

• Be

5 ways to stop foreclosure: How loan modification works

The housing market is showing signs of recovering, but a lot of homeowners are still looking for solutions to devalued homes, or adjustable rate mortgages.

If you are in trouble with your home, and think you have exhausted all your options, there still may be hope.

According to Dawn Aguilar, owner and founder of The Foreclosure Group, there are new programs coming into play all the time.

Aguilar created The Foreclosure Group in March of 2008, out of necessity.

"As a Senior Loan Specialist for many years, I began getting calls from so many former clients asking me to help them with their loan modifications, " said Aguilar. "When the economic downturn began and the bottom fell out of the mortgage industry, I quickly understood that most homeowners have no idea how to get their loans modified. My business focus came about out of need, out of understanding and, most of all, out of the desire to help homeowners in a compassionate manner stay in the homes that they love."

While each situation is different, and there is no one solution that works for everyone, here are some of Aguilar’s tips to dealing with a troubling housing situation.

Five ways to stop foreclosure:

1. Loan modification (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, traditional)

2. Short sale: If your home is worth less than the amount you owe, Aguilar suggests you find out if the lender will cooperate on the short sale. Aguilar says this will affect your credit, but not as badly as foreclosure.

3. Deed-in lieu of foreclosure: Aguilar says this is when you deed the house back to the lender. This process will affect credit the same as a foreclosure.

4. Repayment plan (forbearance): This is where the lender will make arrangements to pay back missed payments before taking legal action.

5. Sell your home

Six criteria for loan modification:
    1. Job loss/unexpected unemployment

2. Sudden illness or medical emergency

3. Divorce/loss of second income

4. Job demotion or promotion denials

5. Inability to pay an adjustable interest rate/with no option to refinance

6. Excessive debt obligations

Five things to watch out for when hiring a loan modification company

1. Guarantees, there are NO guarantees ever. Aguilar says beware of a loan modification officer who guarantees they can get you a home loan modification

2. Offer to buy your house for cash at a price that is below market.

3. Someone who tells you to make your house mortgage payment directly to them

4. Advising you to transfer your property deed or title.

5. Makes a plan to pay your mortgage and then they will lease it back to you.

• To
      19th of Aug, 2009

How Can I Get a Loan Modification and Eliminate My Second Mortgage?

One of the trickier aspects of loan modification involves second mortgages. Before the market plummeted, many lenders offered 100% financing programs, through the 80/20 program. A first mortgage would be given for 80% of the sales price and a second mortgage would be given for the additional 20%. When lenders started foreclosure proceedings, the second mortgages were often written off as losses since property values declined so quickly.

In an effort to stall foreclosures, many homeowners would file bankruptcy prior to the sale date, which in essence held up the foreclosure for a few months.

Bankruptcy laws allow judges to approve certain loan modifications and even give them authority to remove or "strip" the second mortgage lien. This process is only approved under certain circumstances. It is available to those trying to reorganize their debts under a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

A Chapter 13 allows the court to reorganize a persons debt, but they cannot change a homestead mortgage. There are certain sections of bankruptcy laws that clearly state that a debt or lien is only secure to the extent of the asset's value. If there is a second mortgage that exceeds the value of the property, than that debt technically is unsecured.

If you purchased with a 100% financing program, or if you obtained a second mortgage prior to the market crash, you have a fair chance of getting if removed. The court will probably require an appraisal to determine the current property value and it is possible that your second mortgage company might file a motion opposing it. It's not the norm, but it can happen. Once you have the court's approval and have made your payment plans you can get a discharge from the court which in essence extinguishes the second mortgage.

Many laws vary from state to state. Before filing any sort of bankruptcy, it is in your best interest to consult with an attorney specializing in bankruptcy. Everyone's situation is different and there is no one size fits all plan when modifying.