SaveMart.com / Bad service!

1 2100 standifordModesto, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: [209] 577-0545

I arrived at Save mart this Christmas eve to get some last minute baking goods and some cat litter, i was able to locate everything very easily and quickly and SOME of their staff were very happy to help and were very helpful. However, when I reach the front of the line(after waiting a very long time) the cashier rang up all my goods without so much as a hello or merry Christmas. Then when I went to pay, with my mothers debit card as I am but a poor collage student, the cashier would not accept it. In fact he flat out refused to accept the card. A card that, I might point out, that I had the 4 digit code to. The cashier was even hostel at this point as to the fact that he could not accept the card, something that other wonderful stores, such as O'Brians, have accepted knowing it was my mothers card and were fine with it because I had the pin. At this point I told the cashier that what he was doing was very screwed up. After saying this the very hostel cashier at this point decided that he should escort me out of the store and he told me to never come back and that my business was not welcome there. I cannot tell you the happiness I felt in leaving and going Strait to O'Brians supermarket and purchasing the same items, at what turned out to be a better price the what Save mart asked. All this on Christmas eve non the less. How very Christmas-E of Save mart.

Comments

• Ju
      4th of May, 2008

ITS RATHER A GENERAL EVALUATION. I LIVE IN KERMAN CA. WHICH HAS A TWENY TO EIGHTY POPULATION OF WHITES TO NON WHITES. BUT I REALIZE YOUR STORE IN KERMAN HAS ALMOSR REVERSE STATS, THAT IS ALMOST ALL THE EMPLOYEES ARE WHITE, NOTHING AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE, BUT A NEIGHBORHOOD BUSINESS SHOULD REFLECT THE NEIGHBORHOOD. OTHER THAN THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE THE STORE WAS CLEAN AND EVERYTHING.
    I'LL GIVE IT ONE MONTH AND SEE FOR ANY CHANGES, OTHERWISE I AM STICKING WITH VALEY FOOD WHICH PERSONIFY MY COMMUNITY A LOT BETTER
    BAZMI.J
    KERMAN, CA.

• Di
      6th of May, 2008

My name is Diego M. Montoya, I have been living in Chowchilla for about 18 months and as you know Chowchilla is a small community and only has one major grocery store. My Father has been in the grocery industry all his life, so I wanted to mirror his career and I went ahead and applied at SaveMart. I am currently attending college at the University of Phoenix in Fresno where I am persuing a career in criminal justice. I have been working at the SaveMart in Chowchilla #41 for about nine months and my store director Dwane Gwin has made my working experience extremely difficult and at times I felt discrimated against because of my ethinicity. The other managers and co-workers have made me welcome and part of the team, but they can also tell you that Dwane makes everyone's work experience difficult as well. Dwane has been on vacation for the last two weeks and everyone in the store has been just focusing on servicing our customers and keeping our shelves full and clean. Today was his first day back and he told a few employees that he was going to find a way to fire me. Today, not knowing Dwane's intentions I came to work at my scheduled shift of 1145am to 845pm. At around 12:30 pm Jaye Ethenridge, front end lead, asked me to clean the restrooms for a great shopping experience for our customers. When I was completed with the task of cleaning the restrooms Dwane approched in the backroom around other employees and vendors and accused of stealing. I was shocked, embarassed, humilated, and felt discriminated of his accusations. With my goals in criminal justice I will not attempt to steal from anyone, I come from a hard working, honest, and with levels of integrity family background that stealing is not acceptable to me. Dwane has no proof, evidence, witnesses; the only thing he has a passion to set up individuals for termination.

I strongly encourage Mr. Bob Piccinini to investigate this so call "leader" as he is damaging the great reputation that SaveMart has. Mr. Dwane Gwin also brags about having someone in the human resource department that support all his bad behavior and protects him. All of us in the store fear this, however, I do not because I know Dwane is not Savemart. I demand a written apology from Mr. Dwane Gwin and reinstated to my employment and tranfer to another location.

• Vi
      10th of Jun, 2008

I have been employed with Save Mart for over 20 years. In my years in the company, I have worked with people with more time than myself, in every location I have worked in (4 stores, both in small towns and in Modesto). Many employees have a lot of time at these stores. Basically, J. Bazmi is an expert on how to run a business. Lets not give regards to a person's work experience. Obviously J. Bazmi must have some time on his hands to evaluate how a Save Mart store should operate. What do you think, lets fire everyone there who knows the grocery business inside and out and let J. Bazmi just come in run our store, because he feels that reflecting the neighborhood can bring more business. I suppose that every business should reflect its given community. Better yet, lets just close all major businesses and go back to ma and pop stores. Under this philosophy, no one is allowed to work unless he or she somehow reflects the community. Basically if you are from Texas, you cannot work in Kerman, because you do not reflect their community. Hope you enjoy your shopping experience at the other store that reflects the local community.

• Ap
      6th of Feb, 2009

i agree will no longer shop there