Save Mart Supermarket / Lousy produce!

First I bought grapes that seemed to be good and a great price. The ones on the bottom were terrible. Thinking that this was just a fluke, I went ahead and bought both a personal watermelon and honeydew the next time. Both were so tasteless that I threw them out the same day. Ok, not giving up on Save Mart, I went for a couple of artichokes. Once I started cooking them they began to turn brown and spotted and were clearly OLD, I couldn't eat them. Now Each and every one of these events took place on the SAME day as I bought the produce. It was like a week later that I had this experience with the products. They were all inferior.

Pies, I like Save Marts "no sugar" added pies, but they don't cook them long enough, so they're "always" raw and doughy. Sooo, I took it upon myself to let the bakery know this. Their resolution was to sell me a frozen one and let me bake it myself. I went back to Save Mart the next day, and yup, you guessed it, more raw pies on the rack.

Ok, so today I go looking for the Save Mart web site, found it with no problem. Then I look for the "contact us" link, and it's NOWHERE to be found. I did Internet searches with every conceivable variation and couldn't find one single link with their mailing address of e-mail address for anything, let alone a "customer service" contact.

It's clear that I can't shop at this store any longer. I don't have time to save up bad produce from every visit there to return, nor am I interested in doing so when there are LOTS of grocery chains that have perfectly good products to purchase.

I'm very disappointed in this situation though as the Save Mart in Turlock, CA is just down the street from me, but I've had enough!!

Good luck shoppers.

Ss

Comments

• Ed
      8th of Aug, 2007

Here in Pacific Grove - no two gallons of milk for reduced price? Yikes! Nope, they don't do that anymore. Their advert says 'cheapest price allowed by state for one gallon." That is $3.20 for Bayview Farms Milk. The California Dairy )http://dairy.ca.gov) on their August 2007 milk price report says the lowest single gallon price allowed is $3.15 per gallon - $6.19 for two gallons, north or south California. And, if you look at their website, weekly specials, it shows on the advert., "lowest price allowed by State of California for two gallon purchase." Their print and web ads don't agree!

• Er
      1st of Feb, 2008

Hey Football Partiers!!

Pacific Grove Save-Mart has DISGUSTING ribs!

We tried boiling and broiling, boiling and baking, just baking..their ribs are ALL OIL. Fat stripes are in layers from the outside to the bone. Nothing gets rid of the fat! Marinating them in a terriyake sauce lifted one layer and then adding hot water lifted more, and still..when you take your first bite...all oil and fat drips out..making these a waste and a heart attack, no matter what.

DO NOT BUY THEIR RIBS!