Save Ace / debiting money from my account without my authorization

1 West Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

What a bunch of crooks!!! how are these people allowed to do this? I noticed a charge for a MVQ*Saveace on my checking account It also had a number listed which is [protected]. I called the number and it asks for a membership id # so at this point im wondering what is going on i never started a membership for a saveace for $24.95. I actually googled the name and came up with tons of complaints that matched what was going on with me exactly. I emailed adaptive marketing which i found out is there sister company they emailed me back and said they could not find me in the system and asked for more of my information I gave it to them and told them I wanted ALL of my money back and this so called "membership" cancelled. They ended up refunding me the three months of drafts they made and sent this nice email back to me:

Thank you for your email.

Our records indicate your membership was cancelled on 1/29/10. You do not need to do anything else to cancel your membership.

Your membership record indicates that you agreed to try Savings Ace during a purchase made on INTELIUS.COM website. For the order to be processed, you were required to enter and confirm your email address. Additionally, by accepting the trial membership, you agreed to be enrolled using the billing source that you authorized and that after the trial membership period, you would be billed the program fee. A Welcome e-mail was sent to the e-mail that was provided explaining the terms of membership as well as the benefits that you were entitled to.

We are available from 7-11PM EST Mon-Fri and 8AM-5PM EST on Sat. Please feel free to reply to this message if you have additional questions or concerns.

JAYME

I NEVER received a welcome email and actually went through all of my emails deleted and spam and nothing. They never sent me ANYTHING! I asked this Jayme charactor to send me a copy of the email as well as what I supposedily agreed to and he said he was not able to do that and kept reading off the above email. I have reported these people to the BBB as well as the Federal Trade Commision. This cannot be legel!!! tricking people into this and hopeing they dont catch the drafts should not be legel and these ### should not be in business. Intelius is just as bad and should be shut down!!!

Comments

• To
      3rd of Feb, 2010

legel... lol..

• Bl
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Oh sorry TomCorazon LEGAL does that make you happy? sorry I didnt spell check how about you type something more the LOL and let me spell check your ### people like you are so stupid.

• In
      8th of Jul, 2010

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2010

this also just happened to me today! Save Ace withdrew money from my debit card without my consent. Someone please stop this company from doing this.

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2010

Save Ace withdrew 24.99 without my permission on 8/19/10. How can this company do this?? Please catch these crooks and put them in jail.