Save AceFraudulent debiting bank account without authorization of card holder

B Review updated:

Save Ace debited my bank account $24.99 on August 10, 2009. I did not nor ever would have authorized this debit. I called the number my bank has for them and finally after just waiting thru a lot of automated requests for either my membership number or the credit card number I used to join their service, I was connected to a real person. NOW GET This: the woman who answered must have caller ID because she told me that the account was in my wife's name, not mine. [Although her name is on the account I use, she has her own personal account and the account they debited contains only my funds. ] The rep at saveace refused to discuss the fraudulent debit with me. Only my wife could contact and discuss it with them. My wife did not authorize this debit and has never heard of Save Ace. Clearly this company is just another bunch of crooks and needs to be arrested and stopped their thefts on the internet. I am contacting th e BBB, the Federal Trade Commision and any other agency that may have some clout to stop these thieves.

Aug 21, 2009

I think I may be getting my $24.95 refunded to me. I sent an email to the parent of SaveAce and they responded that they would process a refund to my debit account within 3 working days.
    If you have had unauthorized debits or other charges made by SaveAce, you can do this: Go to the website for Adaptive Marketing LLC (http://www.adaptivemarketing.com) and you will see that under the heading of membership programs, discounts, Savings Ace is one of their programs. Send an email to Adaptive Marketing advising of the unauthorized charge they made on your account and state that you want the money returned to you. Also request that they cancel any and all memberships they may have put in your name as an excuse to charge you.. If you look at all the so called membership programs they have you may find another that may have stolen some funds from you also. I believe that this company should be shut down and the owners prosecuted.

Aug 23, 2009

The only phone number I have is for Savings Ace, a part of Adaptive Marketing LLC and the phone number is [protected]. Good luck getting your refund.
    The people running SaveAce and its parent, AdaptiveMarketingLLC are wily since there is no physical address listed anywhere on their website so investigators will have to track them down by using other means. I sincerely hope everyone victimized by these crooks files a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission so that they receive enough ammunition to go after these criminals and put them in jail. You do not need an address of the perpetrator to file a complaint. Go to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ and initiate a complaint. Just insert "unknown" in the fields for address, city, state, zipcode. The URL of the website and their phone number should be enough information for the FTC to start investigating them. Hopefully they will be found, caught, prosecuted and jailed and the results publicized as a warning to other potential rip off artists.

Ben Olsen

Aug 25, 2009

Hi, here is Diana1, you have answered to my post. I wantedto say thx, I have my credit card institute withdraw the money. I found the source of the hassle: I booked a hotel room online and here I had to type in all my personal information and credit card number to pay... HERE is where these scammers got my credit card number, I just found out just by chance cos I had printed it accidently and didnt even know about it. Definitely I did NOT sign up there at this savings ace knowingly, cos - if things cost money I close the page lol. I have no idea how they did it and thank god I printed it without knowing cos it was just printing my stuff; it held the memberID-number so I could log in and cancel that membership that I have never signed up for. I was scared when I logged in and all my info was to see...

Aug 25, 2009

Forgot to say: I have never seen this page before when I logged in to cancel; thank god the info was given in the paper I printed out so I could track that scam and cancel.

• C
      Sep 16, 2009

I do not know who these people are but they took $39.95 out of my account!!!

Oct 12, 2009

Well they took $19.95 out of my accout! And i dont have a clue either!

• W
      Oct 23, 2009

10/22/2009 08:32:02 VISA PURCHASE
    MVQ*SAVEACE
    [protected], CT -$ 29.95

• P
      Oct 26, 2009

CALL SAVEACE [protected] and CANCEL your membership immediately!
    ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

I was fortunate enough to have only been charged $1.00...however I called SAVEACE at [protected] and told them that I was not interested AT ALL and that this was done by them in a deceiving manner. The lady canceled my membership...and I told her as insignificant as a dollar may seem to you I WANT MY DOLLAR BACK...She said no problem and gave me a confirmation no.

BE ADVISED that SAVEACE and CROSSCOUNTRYSAVINGS are part of a HUGE group of companies that do the same thing AND THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER through a company called Adaptive Marketing, LLC...Cross Country Savings also debited my account...they did it for $2.00 and she canceled my membership there as well and refunded me the $2.00...

Go to this page and you will find other companies to keep an eye out for...

• A
      Nov 05, 2009

Thank you Mr. Olsen and Diana 12...calling the [protected] number is correct and I appreciate the assistance. I was a victim due to providing my credit card information to Mylife.com...Saveace does business with My Life. I suppose the only way to prevent this is to not have the automatic payment option with the Mylife Subscription that lasts about 6 months. Mylife must have sold information to Saveace. It wouldn't be such a violation if at the time of subscription, Mylife would then alert the customer that they would also receive a subscription to this unwanted service to Save Ace, also called Savings Ace...this was sneaky indeed!

Nov 09, 2009

My name is Eartha Johnosn I did not give Saveace my card number to take anything off my card I would like for you to stop taking the money off this card this is not my card it belonge to my daughter and she is angry about it. I told her that I would try to stop it. So please stop the charges.

Eartha Johnson

Nov 09, 2009

I never registered with you for anything So why are you telling to register now. I just want you to stop taking the money off my card each month. Please.

Nov 09, 2009

Stop playing with me now. I can stop you.

Nov 22, 2009

$24.95 charge lodged against my credit card by "SAVEACE", with whom I have never knowingly done business. Calling my bank now to instruct them to withold payment. Somebody needs to slam the people running this scam.

Mark Hansen

• C
      Nov 24, 2009

Save Ace debited my bank account $24.95 on September 23, 2009. I did not nor ever would have authorized this debit.

I called the number my bank has for them and finally after just waiting thru a lot of automated requests for either my membership number or the credit card number I used to join their service, and of course I don’t have, so finally I did call to my bank and put a dispute for this charge.

My Bank suggests me to cancel my debit card and ask for replacement because Save Ace has my details and they can charge again.

Clearly this company is just another bunch of crooks and needs to be arrested and stopped their thefts on the internet. I am contacting th e BBB, the Federal Trade Commission and any other agency that may have some clout to stop these thieves.

•   Dec 06, 2009

I too just checked my account and the same thing is happening to me. I hope i can do something about this.

• K
      Dec 09, 2009
    Save Ace - internet fraud
    save ace
    California
    saveace.com

I dont know why i keep getting 19.95 withdrawn from my checking acct.There phone is only tape messages.even when i tried to stop payment with citi-bank, it useless.Please help me.

Dec 14, 2009

I don't know who they are but they debited my account by $59.90. I go to make deposits in my account almost everyday and i noticed a huge gap in what my account should have looked like and i see this save ace withdrawal. I need a number for this i need my money back.

Dec 14, 2009

just got in touch with them on that [protected] number and they just told me i should have my money back in 2 business days...I really do hope so.

Dec 15, 2009

I, too, have been scammed by SAVEACE/SAVINGSACE! After MONTHS of $19.95 monthly charges to my checking account...i realized something was wrong! I called my bank, and they were only able to refund me 3 of the most-recent months' charges.
    I just got off the phone with SAVEACE at the [protected] number you all listed, and they assured me that they would refund me the balance within 3-4 days. They were actually pleasant about it, too...which i didn't expect!
    Bottom line: These crooks need to be shut down..but for YOU, make the call, and contact your local bank. The squeaky door gets the oil.

Dec 23, 2009

I think I was "infected" through My Life?Reunion also. Its a joke because I don't even live in the US so can't avail of their "discounts". I've instructed my bank to stop any further payments. I also contacted them via AdaptMarketing and told them to cancel and give me a refund. I've had emails saying they will do both but I'll believe it when I see it.

Jan 01, 2010

I used Travelocity to buy airline tickets and pay for a hotel room. After this I started getting billed buy three companies in November 2009.

Passport2fun for $19.95
    Save Ace for $19.95
    Shopessplus for $19.95

I did not notice these charges until they billed me again in December 2009 around Christmas. I reported it to my bank and called each questionable company and cancelled my questionable memberships. This is fraud and these people need to be punished.

Jan 02, 2010

In November I order from Vita Cost, they offered a free magazine never got the magazine but two weeks later I got a credit card charge for $19.95 . I know Save Ace got my card credit number from Vita Cost because I only used that card this year(2009) for the purchase from Vita Cost.
    I called the bank I was told to call Save Ace, I did and they said they would cancel the charge. Filed a dispute with the bank for the charge. I'm still waiting for a credit.

Jan 10, 2010

Yep, they have charged me $19.95 twice and I have no clue who these people are. I've never heard of them before!

Jan 11, 2010

I'm happy to report that I have received the promised refunds so the cancellation route through AdaptMarketing worked in my case at least.

Jan 27, 2010

I ALSO GOT A BILL ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR $19.95 FROM SAVEACE. I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE BUT MY C/C COMPANY DID GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. IF IT IS ANY HELP TO YOU THEY GAVE ME [protected]. I AM CALLING THEM NOW.

Jan 27, 2010

I JUST GOT OFF OF THE PHONE WITH SAVEACE AND THEY TOLD ME MINE WAS FOR MYLIFE.COM. SINCE SOME OF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE CHARGE WAS FOR GO TO www.mylife.com AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM GO TO JOIN AND FILL OUT ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION AND GO TO SEARCH SOMEBODY YOU KNOW AND SEE IF IT GIVES YOU THE IMFORMATION YOU SEARCHED FOR. IF YOU GOT WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR THEN THAT IS WHAT THE CHARGE IS FOR, IF YOU DON'T WANT IF CALL THE NUMBER I GAVE YOU AND CANCELLE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION LIKE I JUST DID. I HOPE THIS IS HELPFULL TO YOU GUYS. GOOD LUCK.

DEB

Feb 01, 2010

I just got my Capital One statement today, and if it weren't for a double charge to SaveAce, I may not have even noticed. Turns out they have been charging me $19.95 for the last 4 months. I never subscribed to these people, don't even know what they are about. In calling Capital One, the easiest solution they suggested (since it is next to impossible to talk to anyone at SaveAce), was to delete my account w/ Capital One, and begin a new one, w/ a new number.

Feb 03, 2010
    Save Ace - they are taking money out of my acct. with out my permission
    joann sabo
    San Mateo
    California
    Phone: [protected]

my name is joann sabo and i never gave permission for this company to take money out of my acct. i have two different charges in my acct. please help me.

Feb 03, 2010

Hi this just happend to me to I noticed it this month but they have charged me for the last 3 months. If you go to adaptivemarketing.com and select contacts it will allow you to send them an email let them know you want a full refund and this so called membership cancelled. They will refund the months they charged you for and they should tell you how they got your cc info. I went onto Intellius.com which is a people search site and they scam you into signing up for this so called membership without you even knowing it then just start drafting each month. This should be illegal I cant believe how many people this happens to and no one stops it. Good luck! I also cancelled my cc and got a new one just incase they tried this again.

• O
      Feb 04, 2010

They has been doing that in my bank accout since november until now i descover that. I don't know how stop this.
    Help me please.

Feb 25, 2010

okay thanks a bunch people this company and others are the reason why i dont like to keep money in the bank. For the past 3 months i was getting suckered out of 24.95 i had no idea why my checks would bounce i onloy put money in the bank when i have to pay my bills (for the same reason) i would deposit enough to cover the bills and these a-holes where taking the 24.95 unbalencing my bills .so i called the number i was provided with thanks to your colum and they said that i should get the 3 months back within 3 days heres hoping! sincerely Eugenia Chavez

Feb 25, 2010

ohh by the way after hagging them for a while they said that the membership is added on when you visit "intelius" if you are not familiar with this web site u use it to look up people or phone numbers when you sing up u pay only$4.99 for a one time trial but read the fine print if u dont call and cancel you will be charged $24.95 or $19.95 a month for the service so i said okay then if i was a member why when i tried to log in and use your services i coudnt? a-holes just trying to get your hard earned money .beware people

• S
      Mar 09, 2010

I was charged also 19.95. I called [protected] and I was told they would stop the charges and refund my money within 3-5 days so i will see. Also they got my info from reunion.com/mylife.com. They said there is a question that you answer yes or no to and I certainly did not answer yes to anyone taking money from my account other than reunion. I aslo called them and cancelled it. So make sure you do call and when they ask at the beginning for log in or bank acct if you just hit [protected]# you will be transfered to a person.. Good luck..

Mar 16, 2010

To me this is what I am done with: since I have never registered heck didnt even hear of these folk before ever, I had my bank handle that matter, after I sent them all the complaints I have found and they reacted immediately: withdrew the money to my credit card, then deactivated it and I destroyed it and they sent me a new one, no probs. No calls for me and discussions with this bunch of crook saved me my nerves and a lot of time :). Why put up with them when there is no need for it and the problem can get solved so easily.

• K
      Mar 17, 2010

Hi this just happend to my husband and I. Our credit card company called us to check about fraudulant activity on our card and they have been charging us 19.95 a month for several months that we did not authorize. They did credit this back to our account and they are sending us new cards just in case they try this again.

Mar 29, 2010

Thank-you Mr. Olsen, you have been a great help. Saving Ace (MVQ Saveace) has been charging my B of A credit card $24.95 per month for 6 months. Bank of America told me they could not do anything about the past charges because I waited too long to dispute them. The rep at Saving Ace cancelled my membership, however no refund. They said I approved the charges online when I visited another web site. The site was www.intelius.com. I cancelled that membership. I will fight this until I am refunded every penny. Again, thank-you Mr. Olsen, for your info, I will also file a complaint with the Federal Trade commission.

Apr 15, 2010

I want to thank the comments/complaints on this board. I was being charged $24.95 on my card for six months before I realized this was not a legitimate charge. I initially thought it was a valid charge for a business related expense. I called the number [protected] and followed the prompts to saveace customer service. I told them I did not authorize these charges and requested a full refund (all months charged). I was refunded the current month without argument from the customer service rep who answered the phone. She also cancelled my subscription. She then transferred me to her supervisor, who also without argument refunded the back payments. I did see the refunds on my credit card statement within two days. I hope this helps - either they know they are in the wrong/under investigation or just giving the best customer service ever. I was ready for a battle but there wasn't one.

May 18, 2010

cancel my membership now.

Jan 31, 2014

I am so embarrassed and angry at the same time. I didn't have online checking for awhile so they got away with it for an entire year, and then when i did noticed it I thought "i must fo stopped a convience store and they used that name. I had no ideal it was an automatic transaction because saveace actually took it out of my account once a month on different days, and sometimes twice a month, then later as the bill increased it was every other month and so on. Back in 2009 it started with taking out $19.95 and I when I finially asked what is this by calling my bank it was Jan 2014 with $37.95 being taken out. Today I just got all the dates it was taken out and how much each month and I'm regretting to sit down and add them up. Saveace got me for atleast or close to $2000. I can't believe with all the complaints for all these years they're are still in business. I will follow up with all the advise I have read by reportting to e BBB and the Federal trade commision, as well as a lawyer told me I can go to my state attorney general and they will investigate the company and they do have the power to shut down this business. Let's hope so. I sure hope the person reading this hasn't waitted as long as I have to ask questions.

Jan 31, 2014

the address to saveace

9500 West Dodge Road
    suite 100
    Omaha NE [protected]

I found this as I was looking through the adaptivemarketing company. Earllier today I had called Saveace and asked where was they located. The only information I could get out of the supervisior Stacey, was Nebraska. She would not give me any other information as a name of the owner, or anyone and she would not give any other information. I sure hope this helps to file in a small claim court and get our money back.