Save-A-Lot / mcdaniel's iced coffee

1 New Martinsville, WV, United States Review updated:

Hi, I am submitting this complaint only because I can not seem to find the Mcdainels mocha iced coffee at any of my local save a lot stores. I've been drinking this coffee for years and have never not been able to buy it. They may have been out for a day but more always comes on a truck from warehouse two days out of the week. Well, in the last week there has been NO mocha iced coffee on the truck? I have not found any other iced coffee that is even comparable to the Mcdaniel's brand. I don't understand why you would discontinue or stop selling such a good and hot product?I was looking on Facebook for some answers and seen where others are having the same problem as I am states away! I am begging you to please continue selling the mcdaniel's mocha iced coffee! I will have to be forced to take my business (as well as others I am sure) elsewhere if save a lot no longer sells my favorite coffee! I do not want to do this as I said above, I can't find any other iced coffee even comparable!! Please let me know why I can't find my coffee and why it is no longer on the shelves. Thanks

Mf
Dec 13, 2017

Comments

• As
      1st of May, 2018

Why are you going to stop getting the mcdaniels vanilla iced coffee thats the only reason we shop there?

• Su
      6th of May, 2018

My family and I have also been enjoying the McDaniel's Mocha Iced Coffee for years (not so much the Vanilla flavor), and we even stopped buying any other iced coffee from anywhere other than Save-A-Lot. We cannot stand the International Delight brand but are now forced to drink other things that are unsubstantial, inferior, and just plain yucky brands or not drink that type of coffee type again. Our store said the brand had been sold-out to International Delight... Well, I could get that from Giant Eagle if I had wanted too, but never bought it unless Save-A-Lot was going to be out for an extended period of time. And International Delight sure does last a long time...uh, that's because it is disgusting and it takes a while to drink and swallow down the money we spent on it. That company was so threatened and felt like they were losing so bad, that they just HAD to buy them out. Terrible decision by Whichever department of Save-A-Lot that closed the deal and decided to either sell out or discontinue!

27th of Jun, 2018

@SuggsFam omg!! this is personal!! they are playing around with my life now!!! im dead serious, my quality of life has went down because of this!!! the ONLY thing international can do now is sell the mcdaniels coffee as their own now!!!
    their brand is disgusting and i hate it!!! i cant believe they bought the company out just to give us no choice in the matter, i think we should have a meeting with whoever made the decision to sell out!!!
    is it just the iced coffee or the brew and instant kind too?

• Ge
      13th of May, 2018

I love McDaniels iced coffee the vanilla & mocha flavors. When I went to Save-A-Lot it was replaced with International Delight brand. I was so disappointed because there’s no other better tasting iced coffee than McDaniels. Please bring it back Please!!! That’s the main reason that I go there!

• Su
      13th of May, 2018

Did y’all ever consider that Sav-A-Lot may not be at fault? The coffee company may have decided not to distribute to those stores. Have you contacted the coffee company to ask them why or where else it’s sold? I love iced coffee but all brands have sugar and I use sweetener.

• Ka
      20th of May, 2018
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

McDaniel's Vanilla Iced Coffee is one of the main reasons I include Sav-A-Lot in the grocery stores I shop. Without it, there's no longer a "pull" to get me into the store. The substitute, International Delight, is a very poor choice. It does NOT have the great taste of McDaniel's. It's not even close to their quality. Nothing beats the great taste of McDaniel's.

27th of Jun, 2018

@Kalliope i agree with every word you are saying!!! i was in shock, not im outraged!!!
    this is wrong, just plain evil!!!

31st of May, 2018

Please, Please bring back that's all I have to say!

31st of May, 2018

We are going to sue for our coffee omg wyd us like this we need mcdainels iced coffee come on please

23rd of Jun, 2018

(like most of this country)...i'm OFFENDED that mcdaniels mocha (substituted with vanilla if mocha not available) iced coffee (1/2 gallons. small ones in case at front, , , that would be just enough to send me over the edge...lol) can NOT be purchased any more...maybe it's RACIST...or any of the other words that is used to get their way !!! would buy several, upon returning to town buy some more...now all I buy in mcdonald's mocha frappes (I could buy 1/2 gallon for price of one)...closest I've found...BRING BACK MCDANIELS ICED COFFE (1/2 GALLONS) BEFORE OUR TASTE BUDS ARE DESTROYED THANKS

27th of Jun, 2018

@Cheryl Bateman i totally agree and feel your pain. mcdaniels iced coffee drinkers were just tossed aside, never asked or even given a vote in the matter. they got us addicted and dropped us like a hot potato, wheres the compassion. if its the coffee company themself and not the actual save a lot stores who discontinued it, then tell us!!! send out a annoucement so we can maybe buy it elsewhwere or get the main company (mcdaniels) to make it again!!!

27th of Jun, 2018

the ONLY reason i went to save a lot. did end up spending lots more on groceries while there. i have looked for a website for the coffee itself, but unsucessful...does anyone know where this coffee can be bought ???
    im having withdrawls and losing weight...but who cares i just want my coffee back ( mocha) ...bring it back now!!!
    IM BEGGING YOU !!!

27th of Jun, 2018

also, i would buy several (all they had sometimes, especially if they had just got a shipment in) because alot of times i would go to get the mcdaniels mocha iced coffee and fridge was empty!!!
    if out of mocha i would buy vanilla...but now its international and that is so gross and watery...i havent even been to save alot since i cannot get my the only coffee i ever drank. starbucks nor international ever held a candle to mcdaniels arabian blend iced mocha coffee ( vanilla good too) . not only was it reasonably priced, it was just the right amount of bitter and sweet, strong but not too strong, sweet but just right...i literally feel like crying i miss it so much, i have been in a daze these past couple of months since i can no longer find this i dont evevn need my yeti cup anymore. i used to carry this coffee everywhere with me, morning noon and night i sipped it and now ive gone cold turkey and not by my choice!!!

• Ji
      29th of Jun, 2018

Very disappointed you took McDaniels mocha in half gallon off shelves and now have a watery worse than yohoo in place of something that good.

• To
      12th of Jul, 2018

i to am ever disappointed my save a lot store stop selling them to the women told me that it had been discontinue but that it dose not mean they well not stop getting more in, well i still go there for my milk and there sweet tea and some other stuff they sell that i like a lot but other then that ya i have stop going there myself, mcdaniels vanilla iced coffee was and still is in my book the best of the best, i use to buy 4 things of it hell i have got 9 empty cartons of it, that way i can make my own but ya this crap they are selling now international WTF SAFE A LOT, this [censored] has note and trust me when i tell you not any taste at all you know why? becuase there coffee beans are not arabica coffee beans iam soooooo ever happy i found others who fell the same way i do about this change i knew i was not the only one.