Sauna / Scam

United States Review updated:
In March 2007 I made a large purchase of $13, 000 at Leisure Time Warehouse in Hampton NH. To make a long story short, I was scammed of $4995 � I never received a gazebo. Further, one item that was given to me was defective (a sauna), since the owner, Laine Chase, had stated that it was an indoor sauna, and I could put in outside, as he would build me a rubber roof. Well, he never did, so it got ruined in the rain. My husband bought it back to him, along with the makeshift gazebo he �temporarily� gave me until mine came in (which I think he had no intention of doing � I think he thought I�d take a cheap one and forget about the more expensive one I ordered!)

Upon the return of these items, my husband reports Laine became very aggressive, yelling and screaming, and taking pictures of the sauna, blaming us, stating it was nowhere in writing about the rubber roof. He told us that we�ll now never get the gazebo, but gave us a credit slip of $1300.00. To this day I haven�t been able to retrieve this credit.

Yes, I would love the 4995.00 back but at this point would be grateful for the 1300. I have disputed with my credit card company, and have had my attorney try to retrieve the money to no avail. I was ready to take him to small claims court, but he filed bankruptcy which affected this decision, as well as getting any help from the attorney general. Further, every time I dispute the 1300, he sends a copy of the original sales slip that I signed. There, at the bottom, unbeknownst to me, it says that I received all the items at the time of sale. Obviously buying a hottub, sauna, and gazebo in March, I wouldn�t have received all these items in one day. I hadn�t realized what I was signing- he had kept me at the store for over three hours and I hastly signed, eager to get out of there, never imagining the disaster that awaited!

Thus, at this point, I was wondering if there is anything I can do to at least get back the 1300 credit he owes me, and if I had any chance of retiring the full 4995 that I was scammed with from him. He is a very difficult man to work with � having been disrespectful to myself, husband, mother, brother and lawyer. To be honest, I am afraid of him � he appears to have a psychiatric disorder (I�m a psychotherapist). .

N  30th of Jul, 2013 by

Sauna - Misleading advertising
Safer Wholesale

I had ordered a sauna from Safer Wholesale. After I ordered the sauna I received a call from a sales person for Safer Wholesale stating that if I wanted the sauna I would have to pay an additional $200 for shipping. The contract states that there is no refund for any reason. I felt cheated because I could have purchased the sauna from some where else for only $50.00 more which did include shipping. According to the web site and the sales person that called they had 10 on hand and shipping would be immediate and would take 14 days. They later admitted that there was none on hand and they had no idea when I would receive the sauna. It took six weeks to get it.