Saudi Telecomlucky draw scam

Somebody called me from “+[protected]”, whose name was mohammed iqbal. He said that he is a supervisor in geo mobile company and calling from dubai. He said that my stc sim serial number starting from 899660 is in the list of the lucky draw which include sawa, watani, mobily and other mobile companies, and you won 200, 000 saudi riyals, if you give me pin number of two vouchers of 350 riyals than i can process the bank transfer in your card pin numbers and show to these cards with iqama copy to al - rajhi bank to collect the money. So i gave him pin number of two vouchers of 350 sr total of 700 sr after collecting the voucher numbers he hold me for twenty minutes and then said that half of the bank draft number is appeared and remaining will come when i give him more two of same value voucher’s pin numbers. Then i understood that this is a scam and i cursed him because i lost my 700 sr.

He

Comments

• Sh
      Mar 27, 2010

you are right even they are calling from sawa numbers as well today i recieve one call from [protected] same story he told me but i understand before that and i beleive they are calling from inernet and thats y its have the sawa number from some VOIP and i beleive all the sawa card have this number 899660 available but when he talked about sending credit and etc i got the point and i complaint at stc as well but dont respond and call back these people thats the point

May 10, 2010

One man called me on 10/05/2010 @ 08:30PM, as he told me his name is Ali Mohammed (Pakistani) says from Riyadh (sawa) his no. [protected] he said you won SR. 200, 000 lucy draw from (sawa) and bring 6 cards SR.300 and give me the Serial No. of six cards than I will process your amount to be shown in Bank Al-Rajhi. Kindly called the above no. and investigate the matter.

• Ar
      May 20, 2010

Dear All,

I had the similar experience today morning. But is there a place we can lodge a complaint with STC Sawa services?

Thanks.

Arvind

• Ak
      Jul 14, 2010

One man called me on 14/07/2010 @ 09:30AM, as he told me his name is Mohammed Imran (Pakistani) says from Riyadh (Mobily) his no. [protected] he said you won SR. 200, 000 lucy draw from (Mobily) and bring 6 cards SR.300 and give me the Serial No. of six cards when I did the same than he asked for another 12 card and said I will process your amount to be shown in Bank Al-Rajhi. I lose 4000 saudi riyals & afterward I came to know that is scam. Please look into the matter and investigate and save other persons to be cheated..

Akram

• Se
      Aug 26, 2010

Dear All,

My name is Mohammed Afzal Siddiqui leaving in Riyadh as one man called on 26 August 2010 by Mobile Number
    [protected] and he said to me congratulations you won the prize of SR 200, 000/- from Mobily as your number is in lucky draw
    total ten members are there out of this you are he told me. Then he told me to call back when i called back him he told me to
    write the lucky draw number [protected] and told me to press *06# then the number appears it then he told me to write
    the number then i asked what next he told me to purchase three mobily cards of SR90 and then when you give this voucher number we will give the check number before that he asked my name and my father name and iqama number when i told wrong iqama number he said it is wrong i don't know whether they are checking from Ministry of Interior website or any other procedure when i told him i will purchase after two hours know i am at work and wright know i don't have money then
    he told me why you are leaving in Saudi Arabia if you don't have money in your pocket at that moment i traced him
    that it is scam so please be aware of these scams, If some body calls and tells you this then ignore or complain on this number
    to Mobily or STC.

• Ss
      Sep 23, 2010

one man called me on [protected] y mobile number [protected] whoes name was saleem shah.he said he is calling from sawa service and you won 200000sr your mobile number is comming on tv .for further information call him on his number but i dont respond .

• Al
      Dec 14, 2010

Yes, It is true. Also, one person (Mohammad Irfan) from [protected] call me today and said you have won SR. 200, 000/-. Later he ask Iqama No. and Bank Account No. I just give a fake iqama ID and Account No. to him. After that he ask to send SR. 200 as transfer charge.

Thanks that you all have shared in this blog. So, after asking for money, I insult him as I can do in one minute phone call...

These people may go to hell...

Nice to find this blog...Bye...

• Fa
      Jan 04, 2011

One man called me on 04/01/2011 @ 03:00 PM, as he told me his name is Mohammed Imran (Pakistani) says from Riyadh (Mobily) his no. [protected] he said you won SR. 200, 000 lucy draw from (Mobily) and bring 6 cards SR.300 and give me the Serial No. of six cards when I did the same than he asked for another 12 card and said I will process your amount to be shown in Bank Al-Rajhi. but i not give the serial number i am safe. bt please look into the matter and investigate and save other persons to be cheated..

Feb 05, 2011

I received as you told from Saudi No [protected]. But i didnot do anything.

Feb 09, 2011

Gentelmen,
    The same matter has been happend with me also. They called me from a phone number [protected] and said that they are calling from STC and I have won 200, 000 Riyals by STC lottery, after that they gave me a number which is written on my SIM card to prove that they are calling from STC, they asked my Iqama number, bank account etc and after taking all these information they advised me to be on line do not disconnect the call, go to the Baqala, buy 5 cards and each card’s worth should be 300 Riyals which will cost you 1500 Riyals, scratch them and give us the voucher numbers, I followed the instructions and gave them 3 voucher numbers of 100 Riyals total worth of 300 Riyals but suddenly the call disconnected due to my balance, mean while I tried to recharge those scratched cards but received the message of Invalid Voucher and realized that I have been cheated by some cheaters.
    They swear to Allah and Rasool (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) that they are calling from STC. They called me so many times to give them more numbers and complete the further process.

لَّعْنَتَ اللَّـهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

Actually they didn’t deceive me they just deceived themselves and they will be asked for this fraud on the Day of Judgment. Insha’Allah.

Wassalam

• Go
      Feb 28, 2011

Even i have faced the same problem...this is waste of time.they have called from [protected].He said he is calling from Fasaliya tower 5th flour room no 102.cheaters cheater cheaters...nonsense...they should be sued

• Go
      Feb 28, 2011

cheaters...

May 18, 2011

Today i got a call from [protected] and he is talking in hindi that i am a zain employee and i am glad to inform you that you won 200000 SR in lucky draw of STC. You are not watching the TV its coming on AL Jazeera channel then he told me some numbers of lucky draw and asked my name my father name my iqama no and after that he said we are processing your document so that your amount will be transfered to your account till then you go to bakala and purchase 300sr X 5 STC sawa card and 100sr zain card and immediately.same moment i got the complete idea. then he told me to go Al Rajhi bank and collect your amount. then i said i will not purchase the card you deduct this amount from my prize amount then he said no then prize will not be given to you and i am closing your file .i said ok
    again after 1 hr i call him to trap. He said you told you can not provide the card so your file is closed then i ask your name, your company name, your location he is telling all the details but false finally i told him your sim is tracked by gprs system and in few minutes cop will reached to you then he start abusing and cut the phone

Jun 20, 2011

all this ###ing scams are done by pakistanis...they are really shame for there country and fit to be kicked by everyone.

• In
      Jul 12, 2011

I also have same experiance today but I did not believe him,
    it is very easy to catch those guys with load serial number. STC must have records for voucher upload. you guys must complaint to STC with voucher number. Did you ever try to load this voucher in your mobile to get your money back ? because this is the method to selling this voucher and load amount and thne transfer the amount to others. It is very easy for Mobile compnay to track this.
    Regadrs

iNAM

• At
      Sep 22, 2011

somebody call me today to get my lucky draw of 200, 000 saudi riyal so i want your advice that i cold recieve that or not

thanks

• Sb
      Nov 01, 2011

Aslamoalikum! I have experienced the same kind of scam call. I am living in Canada. The ph call made was from + 92 [protected]. the name of person who called was Zafar Iqbal. He told me that i have won 50, 000 Canadian $ from a Dubai lucky draw for mobile nos. i have never entered my no. in such kind of lucky draws. he told me to submit $ 425 through western union to Muhammad Sharif in UAE right away and then i can have all this money. BAD IDEA... i cursed him on the phone. From his name, he seems like a muslim who is fooling around with Allah's people on His earth. I told him that he will suffer one day, so stop doing that. Imagine what he did... hung up the phone which i was expecting. Please BEWARE of these scam calls and never give your card nos. to anyone who tries to give u a good news.

• Zu
      Nov 27, 2011

I'm also victim of this fraud, I received a call from the mobile no. [protected] informing that my SIM card has von the 200, 000 lucky winner, please furnish the infor. to complete the file. State away I replied this is fraud and I don’t believe this kind of lucky draws etc. Please advise what action to be taken.

Feb 08, 2012

Hi,
    Today Morning I received a call from Mobily No. [protected] around 10am.
    He told me that your no won SR 200000..he toid me to confrim the starting no. printed on my SIM and its match by no provided by him..
    Then after he asked my akama and bank account no fot completing the form and amount will transfer.
    He asked as a fee of 3, 300 SAWA card I asked tht you r calling from mobily and u want sawa card.
    Lots of promises and misguidence for an hour from his side.

At last i told him tht u r fake and u will receive a call in 15min becoz i make a complian against your no.
    Indians r cheating indians ...wht a shame

• Mu
      Mar 18, 2012

Somebody called me from “+[protected]”, from Dubai that his name is Mohammed Imran and calling from SAWA Ethalalat company from Dubai. He said that my STC Sim serial number starting from 899660 (that is realy my sim numbers) is in the list of the lucky draw which include SAWA, company, and you won 200, 000 Saudi Riyals, He also provide me Bank Al Raji Sr. # [protected] and Fax # [protected] and also provide me Check #. and ask me that if you give me pin number of two vouchers of 300 riyals than I can process the bank transfer in your card pin numbers and show to these cards with Iqama copy to Al-Rajhi Bank to collect the Money. So I gave him pin number of 600 SR after collecting the voucher numbers he hold me for twenty minutes and then said that half of the Bank draft number is appeared and remaining will come when I give him more 900 value voucher’s pin numbers. Then I understood that this is a Scam and I cursed him because I lost my 600 SR. please dont beleve on these fake call.

Apr 08, 2012

Dear stc,
    yesterday on 07.04.2012 around at 18:30 hrs. a man call me by this number [protected] and 902 used arabic, he explain me i am calling from stc.you have a good news to win SR.200000 by the serial number of 899660 then he arrange a pakistani to used URDU understanding me also demand and took SR.1200 equvalent (4x300)SAWA recharge card after close his mobile, at last he told me untill further call by stc.

deer all
    I'm also victim of this fraud, I received a call from the mobile no. [protected] infoming that my SIM card has Von the 200, 000 lucky winner, please furnish the info. to complete the file. State away I replied this is fraud and I don’t believe this kind of lucky draws etc. Please advise what action to be taken.

Apr 21, 2012

I received call from mobile [protected] from Mohammed from STC. He told me my sim card lucky series 899660 (all sim cards start the same) had just been selected and I had won 200, 000 SR. He then asked my igama no. To finish the process he said I needed to purchase five 300 riyal saw a cards. At that time my husband asked what was going on and when he heard the story, he immediately said 'scam' and found this web site to validate this. No money lost and when Mohammed called back my husband answered and told him it was a scam and he was looking to get up to 20 years if he continued in this manner. Be wary all!
    from nasrullah to all people

Apr 21, 2012

I received call from mobile [protected] from Muhammad from STC. He told me my Sim card lucky series 899660 (all Sim cards start the same) had just been selected and I had won 200, 000 SR. He then asked my igama no. To finish the process he said I needed to purchase five 300 riyal saw a cards. At that time my husband asked what was going on and when he heard the story, he immediately said 'scam' and found this web site to validate this. No money lost and when Muhammad called back my husband answered and told him it was a scam and he was looking to get up to 20 years if he continued in this manner. Be wary all!
    from nasrullah to all people

• Sy
      Apr 27, 2012

today I received a call from [protected] stating that i received a million price so and so, i just keep talking to him as i know this is fraud call, later he realize and disconnected by saying bad words.

May 06, 2012

hello.i have complain against this he is calling me from sahudi arab having bad attitude and abuse his number so do some thing+[protected]

May 07, 2012

Dear All Friends,

Greeting for the day,

my name name is Mahtab Yaqub, here several friends explain their feelings and experience well,

dear all 60% you are to do a mistake or more
    and if you think i am wrong you may call me on this number to discuss you all
    [protected]

above mobile is belong to me and its sawa sim last time they call me that i am calling from sawa they mobile no. is from Pakistani number they informed me that your mobily no, and you getting 300, 000saudi riyals free and asking 600 saudi riyals card to be recharge its means i have to send him card in against he going to send me detail
    more over i asked first you have to send me the number and detail then i will be sening you money how i believe you that you sending money on my name you should send me detail and in the mean while i spoke to stc staff some of my friends
    they told me that they all are scam and calling from Dubai they are Mafia

• Sh
      May 28, 2012

asalamualaikum, my name is shoaibuddin.
    today i got call from:mr javeed, he said u have won 200000 sr.
    then he asked don't say about lottery, he asked iqama no.sim no, then he asked sawa 300 each 3 vocher 100 zain.=1000 sr...i did then he gave another name calling him as boss/then he asked 2100 sr as signature fee...i did'nt, so i told my frd about money they said its fake...i cursed and i said i will catch on qayamat k din i will take all he good did 29-05-2012

Jun 26, 2012

today i received a call from named sunil according to him his the customer's relation manager of STC in riyadh he told me my number won 200 000 sr in their draw and he ask me to put phone load to my number amounting to 1500sr then i already notice its a scam... thanks GOD i reach in internet i saw this mails... why this people are doing this things to others theyre not afraid of the consequences that it might brought them... what a shame to u people just work to have money not by cheating others...

• Ne
      Aug 11, 2012

Latest Victim!!!
    Dear All my story is also not different from you people with a small variation that I lost SR=900.
    I am double minded whether to curse or pray. Actually they were involving Almighty ALLAH and Ramdan to confirm their trust.
    Anyways they are destitute but they choose wrong way to fulfill their needs.

May ALLAH bring them to Right path, in the language of Quran-e-Kareem. "Sirat Al Mustaqeem".

Regards,

Sep 22, 2012

AOA, today on 22sept2012 I received a call by fahad jabbar, calling from [protected].he told me that I won 200, 000 sr lucky draw.he gave me my lucky draw # and asked me to check dis #[protected] over my sim.then he also gave me file#1255, money transaction code#[protected], token # 0479.when giving my cheque #, he said as u used low balance in aug so send me 5 300 stc cards n 1 100 zain card serial # so dat my cheque # wil b issued.i informed my hubby n he strictly forbid me to call him further as this is all scam.when he called me again, I denied him giving cards serial afterwards he lost hope n stopped calling me.ALHAMDULILLAH I m safe n thanks to dis blog as it gave me awareness about this scam

• Ka
      Sep 22, 2012

to day morning same thing happend me.I know there is no lottery from mobily or sawa.and i call back and adivise to him to stop this haram and do any job. then he said i tried to get job but i cannot find.While talking He said he is in riyadh and he will stop this haram and will find job...

• Md
      Oct 10, 2012

Hello my name is khan today 10-10-2012, 11:30am to 2:56pm call from ZAIN he told his name REHAN MALIK urdu speeking 1st he call my wife mobile no and he told that she wins 200000SR. today last day to collect the money from al-rajhi bank they r ready to issue the check his supervisor he is signing on the check. My wife she don't have ballance on her mobile she said my husband is on duty evening he will come from duty I will inform. He took my number and make conference call 3 of we are talking I don't know how he make like this his mobile no [protected] REHAN MALIK and he gave complete details about my wife sim no puk no last recharge amount and how much balance nill amount and he took from me my details about mi iqama no and bank account no and for transwer he ask 1200 recharge cards (300SR 3 cards from sawa and zain 100sr 3 cards) total amount 1200 +firsr and again and for check transwer fess he ask 3200 but i said i don't have that much money I have after 1200SR left over only 1000SR so he said I will talk to his supervisor and he said hold on line if disconnect he said call his no he said inm this all talikg my balance finish he keep's on call he said don't dissconnect and again i recharge 1000sr. sawa card he took all this voucher no and still he ask remain 2200 balance then I realise that this is scam fake call. But guys I want know how he can call from ZAIN 959 in between for cunformation 3 messages also he send from ZAIN like a passwords. In between I am talking with I doubt and i check in the internet this scam site still he want to cheet me but I told him Alhumdulillah Iam a muslim what lost this total amount 2200SR. Allah will give me but u also muslim how u show this to allah subhanahuwataala. In between so many times he took's Allah's name he is asking me make duwa when i will go umrah. With in contitnuos call 11:30 am to 2:56pm nearly 3 hour's I lost 2200SR.
    This is my real story I call to ZAIN and I explain every thing they write the complain. Finally they said they can't do any thing.

• Ij
      Nov 05, 2012

Hi,
    Ten minutes ago, I received a call from Mobile No. [protected] .
    He told me that your no won SR 200000..he told me to confirm the starting no. printed on my SIM and its match by no provided by him..
    Then after he asked my akama and bank account no for completing the form and amount will transfer.
    He asked to load 5 card of sawa worth SR 300 each, because system is not showing the complete detail, because of the reason that you loaded two scratch card of SR 10 Each, i told him you are talking don't try to be play with me because i have post paid account with STC and never used scratch cards, I told him keeping 100 thousand SR with you and send me the rest of money. Then he disconnect the line by saying that if you dont need money we will wire it to some poor nation. pls investigate as he is tempting the image of STC.

• In
      Nov 11, 2012

hi!
    i received a call from [protected] and the guy said u won 200 000 sr...when he asked me to send him worth 2300sr calling cards i decided not to belive him...it was a scam...god saved me and my family alhamdolillah!plz beware...

Nov 17, 2012

Im carmie from phillippines same story but my auntie search thru internet if they true we see its that a scam so that i cant go into a bank...

• Fa
      Nov 22, 2012

I got a call from number [protected] and said my SIM number is lucky to WON 2, 00, 000/- saudi riyal .

He ask me to confirm the serial number on my SIM 899660 ( Which is common serial number of STC SIM ) and if its same then you won the price of 2, 00, 000 saudi riyal.

and he ask me to call back once the serial number is same, i went online to very this type of call and found out the truth.

It was a scam, Please be aware and dont send any recharge card number to them.

Now im trying to catch him but mobile number is switched off.

Please aware all our brothers, friends and people you know from this type fake calls of STC ( Offcourse they are not from STC )

Allah Kair

• Tn
      Nov 28, 2012

Hi,
    I got a similar phone call from so called placed from Jeddha.

Nov 28, 2012

I received call from these numbers: [protected] / [protected] he said also that I won 200, 000 saudi riyals and he told me to withdraw the money in Al rajhi Bank when I saw the time it is almost 4:45 pm so definetly he is trying fool me...I was excited when i heard the good news from him but I have a doubt so I search it and I found this different comments from different victims...Please I am calling the attention of ZAIN Comapny to block these numbers...Thanks.

• Su
      Dec 31, 2012

HI
    today i got a call [protected] he was telling that he is calling from ZAIN office and he was very glad, he told me that my zain number has won 200000 Saudi riyall, he request me not disclosed with anybody . to get Ur money u have to purchse 300 riyal 7 sawa vouchers n tell me the pin number, wen i told him all the pin numbers, he said your file has been sent to Al Rajhi bank, but u have to pay transfer charges that is 3200 Saudi riyal. and he told me to transfer cash to Dubai. then i realise that i have been cheated. i lost 2800 Saudi riyal, , , Allah is looking them they will be quetion on the day of judgement .
    BEWARE OF THIS SCAM. . .