Saturn of Baton Rouge / Poor service!

1 United States

I assisted my 84 year old mother in purchasing a Saturn Ion April '06 after she'd driven her old car 23 years - it only had 80K miles. It was made clear to dealer that I was there to prevent her being taken advantage because of her age, health and fixed income. My mother believes the sales mgr to be her dear good friend. In July '06 she had open heart surgery. While I was there in March '07 I drove her to the dealership to get the oil changed. They are aware of her health status, and the Ion only had 3,000 miles on it. She paid $5K down 1.9% interest $179/mo payments, and had paid all but $6K on the Ion. In August '07 she received a letter, "valued customer, we want to buy your car to build our used car inventory..." called personally, and lured into the dealership under pretense of friendship. Outside my knowledge or presence, she is influenced by her "dear ggo friend" and goes along on trust with his guidance: the new car she owned has been converted into a 3yr lease for a $27K priced demo Aura with 18K miles, $226/mo payments at 5% and a $13K balloon at the end to purchase. They have deprived her of ownership equity, stuck her in a lease at more cost for a car at more cost that she did not and would never need.

Beware, very poor service!