Saturn / Galpin Ford / 2005 Saturn ION-2

1 15505 Roscoe BoulevardNorth Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (818) 895-3800

Unfortunately, I purchased the 2005 Saturn ION-2. It was brand new and right now, as I write this, I have less than 40, 000 miles on it. I highly recommend that anyone considering buying a new car stay away from purchasing a piece of junk like Saturn.<br />
<br />
First, it has electrical PROBLEMS. Since Day One, the cruise works intermittently or whenever it feels like it. Some days when I push the cruise control button, it works like a charm. Other days, it doesn't.<br />
Second, I need a new rack & pinion for the steering well. A part that can only be purchased from the dealer and COSTS over $700. This car doesn't even have 40, 000 miles on it and it needs a NEW rack & pinion!!!<br />
Third, the front parking lights & blinkers stopped working several months ago. The blinkers work in the back. My mechanic could not figure it out. We ran every test imaginable, but to no avail. It isn't worth the price getting it fixed so I have been driving around without front blinkers for several months now.<br />
<br />
My advice: DO NOT BUY SATURN. BUY JAPANESE!!!

Saturn / Galpin Ford

Comments

5th of Apr, 2009

Did the front end problem start with "clunks" when you went over any small bump?

• Hu
      7th of May, 2009

Yes. I have always had a problem with that low hanging "mudflap" in the front of the car. The dealership had to reattach it several times because it drags to low even if I try to baby it by going slowly over bumps. Saturn sucks sh**, and personally, I think GM deserves to go bankrupt over their piss-poor service and shoddy merchandise.