Satellite TV / Shady Bill collecting practices

1 FL, United States Review updated:

If you ever pay your bill with a debit or credit card they keep the information even if you say you're making a one time payment. Then if you're late or your account is past due they take the money from the last card you used to pay your bill. So if you don't have the money in your account you will get an insufficient funds fee added to your account. I told them to suspend my account but they said it must be in writing and you can't have a balance on your account. But you're billed in advance so there's always a balance. So they'll keep it going for about 3 mos with only like 2 channels available while charging you the full amount and then WHAM! They debit your account without you knowing it.

Ja

More Satellite TV Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      17th of Aug, 2011
    Satellite TV - Terrible service
    Direct TV

I am upset with Direct TV, their entire service, the rude and abusive treatment I have gotten from installation to cancellation, a period of 7 months. I won't go into details because a previous ex-customer has already outlined much of it but it covers everything.

• 1o
      29th of May, 2014
    Satellite TV - Monthly double charges, business practices
    directv
    Centerburg
    Ohio

Just when you think you’ve seen it all. directv impressively
    continues to Shine with Class, showing their True Colors. A few days back was
    Movies on TV. To my Horror, No directv, Cut off, Damn, ( Class Act ) all for a
    bill under $100.00. In paying the bill, a Wonderful day was had by all, except
    me. I was the one with the RED Face. After being embarrassed, I thought this
    was the last (At least for another month) I had to deal with directv. SURPRISE,
    SURPRISE the card that I had paid with and wanted them to use, was not. Instead
    they used the one that was already on file. This caused that account to be
    Overdrawn. This is not the first time. Multiple, Monthly, Double Charging has
    also sent my accounts to the Negative. On a Disability pay I can’t afford to
    pay for OD charges, especially those that are of no fault of mine. Hell, I don’t
    complain when we can’t watch TV for a couple of days, because of Rain or Snow!
    Now, I know directv doesn’t care about the Little Guy and it shows, and The
    Lord knows directv Won’t Pay for the OD charges! Some might say, “If you don’t
    like their services why not drop them “. Well, living in the country, you
    really don’t have much of an alternative. So were just waiting for Cable. Have
    you noticed with my pronunciation of directv, I didn’t use the capital d?
    Well, here it is D. directv’s
    Grade for their, UNIMPRESSIVE, UNETHICAL, BUSINESS WORK HABITS. Oh Yea, “YOU’RE
    A CLASS ACT”.

• Sb
      8th of May, 2015
    Satellite TV - Terrible service
    Century link prism
    Chandler
    Arizona

This company us a nightmare, service is mediocre and customer service us non-existent. I have spent HOURS on the phone trying to get my account sorted and this is the THIRD time. Today 4 hours passed backwards and forwards NONE of them seems to know what they are doing and if you get that annoyed they just disconnect you! Well century link come the end of my contract I WILL be disconnecting you. Also expensive!