SATCOVER/satellite direct / taking £65 direct debit instead of £6.50

United Kingdom, England, West Sussex Review updated:
this firm has taken £65 from our bank account instead of £6.50 and doesn't reply to my emails or answer the phone, and now not even replying to a letter i have sent.

A  30th of Apr, 2009 by
same thing happened to me but luckily I didnt have enough money in my account to cover the £65 so now my bank are charging me £8 instead. Tried getting in touch with company but have had no replies from them!
N  1st of May, 2009 by
i also got £65.00 taken out of my account instead of £6.50 i phoned up the office of fair trading they told me that sat cov are in breach of their contract as are contracts are for £6.50 and you shouldnt have to wait 28 days for your money back. they also said you would be entitled to claim compensation so you would get your £8.00 back. you have to send a letter to whom it may concern all the details of whats happened keep it detailed nice as you have to take a copy and send it recorded delivery and if you take them to court you can present your letter you sent to them hope this helps. on the front of the letter put to the manager.