Sat Link Services / Taking money no authorisation

1 forest house durban roadBognor Regis, England, West Sussex, United Kingdom Review updated:

On the 10 th June this year this company removed £49.99 from my bank account via direct debit.This was unauthorised and should have been £6.50. The company have now cut off the phone and do not reply to my letters.The money has not been paid back.
(They removed the same 49.99 back in Jan this year but refunded that two months later saying it was a mistake.)
Today my wife receieved a call from Satlink trying to sell us a service contract but rang off when my wife asked where was the money they owed us.They stated they are not the same company.
I am reporting this matter to trading standards for west sussex.

Tg

Comments

• Ji
      1st of Nov, 2009

I phoned Sat Link Services as I have an Agreement with them because our box has gone wrong. The message I received was 'This service has been temporarily suspended'. My agreement does not run out until May 2010. In the meantime, how do I find out what has happened? Have they gone out of business?

I too will report them to Trading Standards, when I find out how to contact them.

Joy Parker

• Fr
      22nd of Aug, 2011
    Sat Link Services - Overcharged Direct Debits
    Sat Link Services

I took out a contract with Sat Link Services with a Direct Debit for £60 pa 2/11/07 and was charged £48 on 20/10/07 and then £60 12/11/07. (This was confusing at the time because they sent me a second contract wef 12/11/07 at £65 pa I do recall raising this with them at the time but I was clearly remiss and never got it sorted out. In Nov 2008 I was then charged by Direct Debit £72 annual premium and again seemed to recall speaking to them and been told there had been an increase. (Again I must hold my hand up to being remiss) The last straw was a further DD for £49.99 on 10th June 2009. Despite writing to them on 29/06 and again on 20/07 I have had no response and now when I telephone the service is "temporarilly suspended. Is there anything I can do as it seems I am not the only one involved in these mysterious payments.