Sat Cover Ltd / Taken 49.99

1 England, Leicestershire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I paid my usual direct debit of 12.99 and on the same day they also took 49.99.
They assured me that they would re credit my account within 14 days (that was a month ago) and I have still not received it.

Comments

• Vi
      11th of Mar, 2009

Extra payment of £49.99 taken out on the same DD as my monthly payment

15th of Apr, 2009

Sat Cover took £65 from my account instead of £6.50 got in touch with bank had all debits cancelled, bank is reinbursing me with the £65. If you take out insurance make sure its done through your satalite provider or through your bank its the only safe bet. sat cover don't even answer my calls so how could I arrange anyone to call out to sort any problem out with my equiptment within 24hour as stated by satcover. I was also having £5.99 taken out of my account by Digital Satellite Warenty who made me believe I was renewing my warranty I thought it was Satcover ltd. I have also discovered that Satcover and Satelite Direct are one and the same and Satilite Direct Merged with Digital Satellite Warenty ltd. So I was paying satelite insurance to the same people twice.

11th of May, 2009

I paid my usual direct debit of £6.50 on March 2nd, Another £65.oo was taken from my account on April 1st. I was promised a refund within 14 days! This has not been received and another £6.50 was taken on May 1st.

Phone line continuously "engaged"

17th of Jun, 2009

I had a direct debit agreement with Satellite Direct untill they took an extra £65 from my account last December, which my bank Alliance & Leicester reimbursed. I then cancelled the direct debit and wrote to the company cancelling my agreement. I checked the direct debits on my account today and Satcover have set up a new direct debit without my authority. Fortunately no further money had yet been taken. Needless to say I cancelled it immediately. Alliance & Leicester said "they must have thought you had set it up again". Yeah right!!

• Ke
      17th of Jun, 2009

I have had £49.99 taken from my account on two separate occasions.no explanation has been given .Surely this is theft? It is hideous trying to get through to someone on the phone and they do not respond to email. Needless to say I will be cancelling and hope that my bank will assist me to get a refund.

• Pe
      17th of Jun, 2009

Just checked my bank account online and Sat Cover have taken £65 from me. I would'nt mind but i cancelled my DD with them 7 years ago. Luckily Barclays have reimbursed me and have cancelled the DD. This is fraud and will be reported to the relevant authorities.

17th of Jun, 2009

It certainly looks as if they are now trying to obtain money from anyone who has ever had a direct debit with them regardless of whether it has been cancelled. I dont know how they can do this without further authorisation. As they are based in East Sussex I have tried reporting them to this address. Not sure if it is actualy trading standards.

consumer.advice@eastsussexcc.gov.uk

• Cl
      18th of Jun, 2009

Since 2005 satcover/satellite direct have taken 6 payments of £72 the most recent being 3rd June 09. I found this out when i went to my bank to do a change of address in 2008. I have tried and my bank have cancelled these DD payments but they are still bein taken out of my account. I have reported this to the police and trading standards. Im angry and upset they need to be stopped now. Be warned they can still take money from your account.

• Re
      21st of Jun, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. They say they will return the money in 28 working days, which is very helpful!!! I insisted on speaking to a manager who said they would send a cheque out immediately - that was over a week ago but i am still waiting.
    Spoke to my bank who at first were reluctant as i had already had an undertaking for them to settle the debt - However i am a Barclays premier customer and the bank listened a bit better when i mentioned this!

• Wa
      1st of Jul, 2009

Noticed that £110:00 had been taken out of my bank account by satcover ltd, never heared of them cant get hold of them by phone, spoke to Barclays they have reimbursed me the money and will deal with them, at no point have i set up direct debit with these people, i dont have sky i have cable (virgin).

• A8
      1st of Jul, 2009

PLEASE BE ADVISED... SATELLITE DIRECT IS INSOLVENT AND IS NO LONGER TRAIDING

• Su
      8th of Jul, 2009

same here, happenned to me in march, they took my normal d/d plus another£49.99, and repeated this again in june. they do not answer the phone. i am going to take further help. also they gave me a completly different aggrement number to the one i had always.This company was offerred to me through sky. i have canncelled, but not had my money back.been on the phone waiting to speak to someone for 2 days.They are crap.And they just cut you off the fone after youve been listening to their fake answer machine for a very long time.

Suzanne

• Ve
      10th of Jul, 2009

Had £6 took out of my bank account (HSBC). Asked how was direct debit set up without my or my husband's authority, not very helpful response :- "You must have done it and forgotten!!!????" Cancelled direct debit immediately. This should be one for WATCHDOG if enough of us complain. How do they get our bank details and how are they allowed to set up direct debits without authority of account owners? An explanation from any bank would be appreciated.

• Be
      13th of Jul, 2009

In march this year Satcover took £129.90 from my account instead of £12.99, we have contacted them six times where they promised a refund into my bank but it has never happened and two weeks ago promised a cheque within that week that has again never happened. I tried phoning the company again to find out that the number is now unobtainable.. Have been advised by Sky to contact my bank (HSBC) which reccomended me to ask for an indemnity claim. I have now cancelled all of the direct debits to that company.

15th of Jul, 2009

i cancelled satcover over two years ago when i found i was paying both sky protect and sat cover, thinking they were the same but now they have restarted the direct debit without permission lucky it was only the one payment of £6 .but they did phone me and i told them i already had cover and still they reopened the direct debit

• Da
      18th of Jul, 2009

I have just checked my bank statement and found that sat cover has taken out £6 by DD. I cancelled my contract with them 4 years ago for being cowboys and they have started the DD again. I have moved house twice since then so i have no idea how they have gotten permision? I have now cancelled the DD with my bank and they have given me an address to write to them.

19th of Jul, 2009

Hi just thought I would post again to warn that Satcover also operate under the name PlayTV and are taking money out of peoples accounts using this name as well.

Or google playtvuk.

My bank Alliance & Leicester have written to say they are still investigating how the Satcover direct debit came to be re-instated, but I am now checking my direct debits every day just to be safe.

• Va
      20th of Jul, 2009

satelite direct have taken £132 out of my bank account we have tried to get our money back was promised it would be put by 2nd of Jun e to no avail we have now found out they have now gone bust how many more people are out of pocket . We cant claim money back from our bank as they say they cant check all out goings of direct debit but this was a yearly one surely this is set up on the banks computor as once a year and should no allow any monies to be taken out before due date ? 20 07 09 val

• Ne
      7th of Aug, 2009

This was done to us last year and a police report filed. They have tried again this year for renewal and asking for further details which were not given. Police say report to Trading Standards, Trade Description, and a civil dispute can be filed. It's very important to call the bank and credit card company and also the telephone company which you subscribe to should be alerted. This all takes time but as funds are taken on falsehoods it is important to do this for the future of the accounts and to let others know the situation. I am surprised there isn't a list of companies that work in fraudulant means. Maybe someone should set up a site.

• En
      18th of Aug, 2009

Disgusting.. ! same thing happened to me twice I have had to cancel all dd at bank to try and stop this, I also have an appointment with my bank this week to open a new account and cancel my old one completly so they can't take anymore money off me that I can't afford.. they have had a total of £74.00 from me and not to mention the 5 years monthly payments and I never called them out once, what a scam...! appalling and in this current climate...!