Santro / Ridiculus service standard of Hyundai Dealer m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna, Madhya Pradesh
This complaint is against Hyundai Motor’s authorized dealer m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna on the following counts:
· Poor Quality Services and lack of workmanship and punctuality
· Lack of customer care facilities
· Lack of basic repair facilities at authorized dealer
· Financial irregularities against the customers
I am a vehicle owner for last 20 years during which duration I have visited many service stations and authorized dealers, but have never felt so cheated and helpless as I felt when I went to m/s Starline Hyundai, Mukhtiarganj, Satna, Madhya Pradesh in connection with repair and servicing of my Santro Car No MP 17 B 4299 on 14th April 2008. This vehicle was purchased in November 1999 and has given excellent service to me till date. It has run about 31, 000 kms till date and its ownership was transferred to my son Rahul Mishra in January 2007 though it is still being used by me.
The highlights of apathy and negligence at m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna are as under:
a. After having seen other Hyundai service centers the reception area of m/s Starline Hyundai is a big shock. There is no proper seating arrangement, drinking water facilities or trained customer service personnel.
b. The so called customer service advisor of m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna does not know a-b-c of automobiles and it is very difficult to explain to her the service your vehicle requires.
c. There is no proper order form where all the details about the dealer, the vehicle and the problems for which the vehicle has been brought to the service station are entered. When enquired from the service advisor about the order form i was told that they are unavailable. On much insistence, entries were made on a plain paper without any details about the service station including the telephone numbers and the estimated cost of repairs. (Please see the enclosed photocopy no 1 for ready reference)
d. Since my vehicle required some denting and painting work, an estimate was required to proceed further. With great difficulties an estimate was given after 3 days to me.
2. Service Facilities: It was a great shock to learn that even though m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna are authorized dealers of Hyundai vehicles they do not have
a. Washing area
b. Painting area
c. Wheel balancing and wheel alignment facilities
All these are primary requirements of an authorized dealer of any reputed automobile company like Hyundai. I was surprised to know that all these facilities at m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna are outsourced to other vendors. It made me regret my decision to cover a long distance from my hometown Rewa to visit Satna for getting my Santro repaired at m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna the so called authorized dealer of Hyundai motors. .
3. Punctuality: I had left my car for servicing at m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna on 14th April and was promised that my vehicle would be delivered on 16th April, 2008. After innumerable phone calls regarding the status of my vehicle, I was informed by the service advisor Ms. Sanju Sen at 5 PM on 30th April, 2008 that my car is ready and it should be collected immediately. When I enquired from her as to why I was not informed about collecting the vehicle earlier in the day when I could arrange for the same, Ms Sen claimed that she had informed me about it on my mobile phone at 10 AM, which is an utter lie, as I had not received any call from m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna on my cell phone (# [protected]), which can be verified from my mobile record if you need so.
4. Quality of workmanship:on reaching m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna on 1st May to collect my car, I was accosted by a greater calamity. After escorting me halfway to my car, Customer Service Advisor Ms. Sanju Sen disappeared from the scene and I was pained to see the poor quality of paint work on bonnet of my car, something that is nowhere close to the high quality standards otherwise maintained by Santro. The painted area was full of small granules and was looking completely different from the color of rest of the car. Moreover, the bonnet of the car was not closed properly, trying to close which I injured my left thumb. With great difficulty I could locate Ms Sanju Sen and she had no explanation for the poor quality and non-closure of the bonnet. With great difficulty I could manage to close the bonnet. I had also requested Mr. Rishiraj Yadav, the Service Manager, to have a look at the defect in the rear wheel on the driver side which was also not rectified. I had also requested him to give me the benefit of free check up of the vehicle between 2nd to 14th April 2008 (as announced by hyundai as part of the promotion efforts), which I doubt has not been provided to me.
5. Faulty Bills: I was handed over a Proforma invoice by Ms Sanju Sen a copy of which is enclosed for your ready reference. It did not have the name of the m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna. On my insistence, it was merely stamped with a rubber seal . When I made the payment, I was not provided with a proper receipt carrying the TIN number and sales tax number of dealer, m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna. . I had a tough time making them understand that invoice and receipt are two different things. I presume that these tactics are being practiced in view to
a. Evade Income Tax, sales tax and service tax
b. Weaken the case of the customer in consumer forum.
I have decided to take up this issue wih concerned authorities as well as the local media. However, looking at my association with Hyundai motors and due to the fact that I am a user of Santro for last 9 years, I have decided to let you know about these issues at m/s Starline Hyundai, Satna. I believe that it is the responsibility of Hyundai Motors to make its dealers provide bare minimum customer service and to make them follow the laws of the land in terms of proper billing etc.
Dr. P. K.Mishra, M.D. 3rd May, 2008