Santander Consumer USA / get real

Look loosers, all of you who are complaining about santander are horrible customers anyway. I mean all of you are complaining about interest than its your own fault due to the fact of your credit being bad!!! Thats how most of yall became santander customers in the first place. Santander only finances sub-prime customers (last chance financing) and yes they give high inerest rats buts there is no one else to blame but your self. Also if you paid your bills on time than they would have no reason to call you and when they do its collections your speaking to, not customer service... And yes there is a huge difference between the two. Also you will be charged a daily per diem if your late, thats called a daily simple interest loan and you agreed to it when you signed the contract. Heres a noble idea, if you just contact santander if your haveing difficulty making your payment and guess what they will work with you but if you dont, dont sit there and complain when they call you because you owe them money... Its called common sence people... Stop crying and pay your bills!!!

Comments

• Fd
      15th of Apr, 2011

Who should we blame for your horrible spelling turdbucket?

15th of Apr, 2011

i had rather be bad at spelling than crying on this page how its santanders fault that i cant pay my bills on time... wow you all you can comment on is my spelling... classic, you must be one of the loosers that cant pay their bills

15th of Apr, 2011

Aren't you at all embarrassed that you have the spelling and grammar of a 3rd-grader? You really should go back to school before trying to communicate with the grown-ups, okay? You work at that sleazy job of yours because you can't get a job working anywhere else. Have you ever heard of spell-check???

16th of Apr, 2011

Johnsantander you must be one of those lowlife bottomfeeding trsah employees who fraudulently and knowingly scam people. I pay cash for my cars, ###face. I do know people who are unfortunate enough to be lied to by that [censored]hole fraud of a company.

16th of Apr, 2011

And the word is l-o-s-e-r, you ###ing illiterate lowlife.

Best Best Advice

Angry rant, Brenda??? You are being too kind to him, my friend. He speaks to his entire industry of bottom-feeder lenders and collectors. I think his mommy and daddy really should watch what he does online, maybe even ground him from the computer. (come on Mom & Dad, parental controls please!) Here's the facts, Johnny Boy: If you haven't been living in a cave the last few years, you would know that there are a lot of good people, businesses and nations with bad credit right now. As for me, I have spent the last five years of my life studying micro and macroeconomics, finance and everything related to global business. That alone gives me at the very least a qualified perspective and the right to tell you and everyone else here what a complete loser YOU are. You are right about one thing though, you said, ". I mean all of you are complaining about interest than its your own fault due to the fact of your credit being bad!!! thats how most of yall became santander customers in the first place. Santander only finances sub-prime customers (last chance financing) and yes they give high inerest rats buts there is no one else to blame but your self..." (Johnny Boy, 2011).

By practical standards, Santander IS a sub-prime lender and their interest rates amount to predatory lending...just on the legal side of the cloudy grey line. Santander is aggressively selling these loans because squeezing blood out of turnips is integral to their core business model: to take advantage of desperate consumers. And then of course, Santander has a workforce of grammar school dropouts just like the individual we're dealing with here.

• Co
      19th of Apr, 2011

Can Santander call you on Sunday's? Also, can they speak to anyone else other than the consumer who signed the contract about the payment arrangements that have been made? And, can they run credit checks however often they wish? Couldn't agree more with the comments made about these unprofessional, rude ###!

• Pa
      19th of Apr, 2011

I'm gonna follow this douchbag around on this board. To insult people is ridiculous. And just like I posted on another string, here it is again...
    Wow, JohnSantander, I'm guessing by your last name you are affiliated with them. Doesn't surprise me by the use of the word "losers", which, might I point out you misspelled along with several other words, yea, I'm almost positive you work there. I like how you referred to Santander's "rates" as "rats", I'm sure unintentional, however, quite appropriate. I absolutely did not, on any level choose Santander as my lender, like many other people on this forum. I have never signed any sort of contract with Santander and nor would I have had I seen paperwork regarding any sort of daily compounding interest rates, that is absurd. I was a solid CitiFinancial customer for years when my loan was sold to Santander. My invoices come saying my account is "past due", how is that possible when the monthly statement arrives BEFORE the due date and all previous payments were EARLY or on time. When you call the number, there isn't even an option of getting a person on the phone. I spoke to one person about my mysterious fees and received one explanation and then spoke to another person about those same mysterious fees and received another explanation. It's a tangled web of phone numbers and poorly trained CSR's. To make a payment online, Santander charges a $10 fee, in this day and age where I can scan a check with my cell phone to be deposited into my bank account immediately, a $10 fee for an online payment is absolutely ridiculous. Your comments are very bold, obtuse and judgmental. People have problems and a lot of time it is no fault of their own. Perhaps, if Santander did offer a grace period rather than taking on fee after fee after fee, those very subprime borrowers that have bad credit would be able to turn their lives around, make right with the loan and everyone is happy. Santander is the most ridiculous finance company I have ever encountered and I've been in finance for twenty years, I've also run financed based call centers. Santander needs to start from the ground up, retrain the CSR's and regroup. Perhaps when the bulk purchased the CitiFinancial customers, a courtesy call could have been made or a welcome packet sent, start out with your new customers on the right foot, rather than sending them a bill that makes no sense. Get off your high horse and come back to reality. The FACTS are that the complaint boards are RIDDLED with posts about Santander, 1000's of people can't be wrong, especially those with outstanding payment history like myself.

19th of Apr, 2011

Paidontime, he's not worth anymore of anyone's time. His real name probably isn't even Santander; he probably works in their collections department. He's just a kid that tried to carry on a grownup conversation and tried to stick up for his company like every good boy should. But this time he bit off more than he could chew. I haven't heard from him since (maybe Mommy and Daddy took away his internet :D

• Pa
      19th of Apr, 2011

I agree with you lielrnr, he's on another message board as well as JohnSmith...posted the same exact paragraph, riddled with errors etc...he's not worth my time. I'm absolutely shocked at the amount of Santander complaints...absolutely shocked.

19th of Apr, 2011

Hi Paidontime. Santander is part of a larger problem in America's financial services industry. It reminds me of mortgage brokers before the mortgage meltdown who loaned money to anyone who had a pulse. But when the interest rates reset, people could no longer afford their mortgages and lost their homes as a result. So here we are today living in an America whose credit was downgraded again yesterday by Standard & Poors.

It makes sense to me that companies Like Santander have collections departments full of clowns like JohnSantander. People with any sense of ethics would look for work elsewhere. JohnSantander probably doesn't know the definition of 'ethics'...and probably can't spell it, either :D

• Gr
      19th of Apr, 2011

The truth is if everyone would just look up "Consumer Law Attorney, " in your location, in an on-line search and CALL THEM (get an attorney to tell you if you have a case or not) instead of complaining on here. (I'm not saying that it is a waste of time.) But get the right person to hear you instead of this person.
    Ford is the one who "hooked" me up with Santander and it was only because they wouldn't listen to my bank (which the very next week re-financed the vehicle to get it away from Santander).
    Well, the long and short of it is...Santander's practices are illegal! They have broken just about every Consumer Law there is and the attorney will get paid out of the lawsuit I have against them. No money out of my pocket. So if you think that you can not afford an attorney - change the way you think, one is out there for you.
    I have kept record of every conversation and phone call with Santander (my bank recorded it while we were on 3-way phone calls.) They do not have a leg to stand on! So if this is the little bit of "grunt" that someone needs to think they can do to same then here is your grunt. My vehicle was paid off (cleared check) and the website shows it having a $0 balance, I received the title and release of lien letter in the mail, and I'm still receiving letters demanding payment.
    Time is running out for Santander, they have 2 weeks to settle out of court. Don't take what they are dishing out, call a Consumer Attorney today.

20th of Apr, 2011

Boo hoo!!! Looks like more of you losers are still crying!!! Look I highly encourage anyone to contact a lawyer, go ahead and waist your time. SANTANDER has never broken ANY LAW, every single call is recorded and reviewed. I guess I have to repete myself, pay your bills on time like responsible adults and you WILL NOT be in collections... DUHHH Also Santander is CLOSED on Sunday's, and please SHUT UP about the CITI buy out, they couldn't get you losers to pay so of course they went out of business ( CITI AUTO DIVISION). Also I do have a real job, unlike most of santanders customers, to be completly honest I make more than 95% of santanders customers so please stop embarrassing yourself. Oh and look at any other sub prim lender and they will have just as many " complaints" as Santander.

20th of Apr, 2011

Oh and before I forget... Your right there has NEVER been a time in history where thousands of people were wrong.

20th of Apr, 2011

Not one person who would defend a boytomfeeding company so much would have any other interest than in working for them. How would you know so much about the company practices, [censored]? So how many customers did you lie to yesterday, [censored]bag? Funny how it works when people call you degenerates you seem to have a solution to the customers problem and lo and behold the customer calls again and there is no record of that conversation...hmmmm By your own definition, if you make more than the 95% of the customers of Santander, you are a LOSER as you claim.

20th of Apr, 2011

'John Santander' (give me a break), I think I'll send this entire post to your boss's bosses at the top so they can see what a fine employee you are and the kind of image you are projecting for the company. They'll take great comfort in knowing that you are hot on the case is their defense. I just know they are going to thank you for all of this, maybe even make you employee of the year! :D (Don't thank me...this is going to be a pleasure!)

20th of Apr, 2011

John Santander, (give me a break), I think I'll send this entire post to your boss's bosses at the top so they can see what a fine employee you are and the kind of image you are projecting for the company. They'll take great comfort in knowing that you are hot on the case in their defense. I just know they are going to thank you for all of this, maybe even make you employee of the year! :D (Don't thank me...this is going to be a pleasure!)

20th of Apr, 2011

JDH, he cannot justify the company (not to mention his sleazy, pathetic existence).

• Sr
      21st of Apr, 2011

I can tell by your horrible grammar that you are probably and employee! I can never get anyone that can speak proper English, and when they do speak English, they use terms like "Yall" and "this done been paid!" and more horrible excuses for communication as such. The fair credit reporting act also states that consumers should not be treated differently because of poor credit, and any company that chooses to do business like this is in federal violation. Being a paralegal, and a having my BA in Business Management entitles me to these opinions. Thank "yall" and have a GUDE DAI MI FREND

21st of Apr, 2011

Ok, what makes all of you losers mad is that I'm telling the truth and you don't like what I'm saying. Also, please send this to as many people you want at Santander, but you might be wasting your time because Santander monitors this forum closely. What I don't understand is, why not refinance with another company if you hate Santander so bad? Now some of you deadbeat losers might not be able to refinance, which is understandable because YOUR CREDIT SUCKS. Now if this is the case, guess what, YOU DON'T DESERVE A VEHICLE AND YOUR STUCK WITH Santander so suck it up and pay your bills on time! Also every conversation that a collections agent has with any customer is well documented, and 3000 employees can see any "notes" that anyone writes on an account. If an agent acts like they don't know what your talking than that's called strategy, so they can catch you lying idiots in your constant lies. Oh and before I forget, Santander attempted to notify every single citi customer, if you idiotic losers would read your contract at the dealership instead of seeing something shiny that you obviously can't afford than you would know that a lender can sell your contract to ANYONE they choose as long as they abide by the terms of the original contract. Santander have NEVER violated any contract or broken any laws especially when it comes to the FDCPA. So please, call me any name you want because I don't care in fact I'm smiling and laughing right now because I pay my bills on time and I have NOTHING to complain about. By the way the economy has been "bad" for a very long time so stop using it as an excuse as why you can't make your payment on time.