Santander Consumerscam

Triad Financial sold loans at the end of the loan term

to there partners in crime Santander consumer USA

to collect extra interest fees.

This is a scam. Santander issues a new account number and

places it on your credit report and it appears as a new loan. Then they

hire a reposetion company that is out of state to go around

your city looking for you useing information on your credit report.

There is no writen cominication from Santander, they claim

that they are a small company and can't aford the paperwork

I call them for a copy of the original sales agreement and they

told me that they have no record of it.

The manager at Santander was rude and threatened to garnish my

wages. They are not even in the state of California.

Triad Financial is a Scam.

See you in court.

A very angry and disappointed consumer that will fight

to make sure this does not continue.

Comments

• To
      Oct 13, 2010

Id like to hear more details. Did they list this loan twice on your credit? It should only show once and if its on thir twice they need to remove it. Did you pay triad/Santander on time? Did you miss payments? If you defaulted on the contract they can reposess the car legally and they can use your credit report information to locate you...it's called skip tracing in the collections world. I do not believe wage garnishment is allowed in California so that is an empty threat...if a collection agency had said that you would have them over a barrel but as a first party collector they can say it.

• De
      Nov 12, 2010

I found out that Santander bought out Citifinancial auto loans and at that point I phoned in to request a buy out offer from them, submitted the amount over night, they released the title within approx. 10 business days. A couple of weeks afterwards I get a phone call stating that I have an additional balance on the account. WHAT???? $162.70 good thru 11/4/10.It wasn't enough that I sent them several thousand dollars. Are they insane or what??? The buy out total meant just that! Why are they trying to squeeze more monies out of me. I owe NOTHING and I'm so happy that I DO NOT have to do business with them. This nickle and dimming people to death has to STOP! They are not organized at all. A company who practices business the way that they do should not EXIST!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SANDTANDER... You'll be SORRY! This should be their slogan.

• Bs
      Apr 16, 2011

We financed our vehicle through Drive Financial. Like many other people here, there were no problems. Then, about one year into it, we were advised that our loan was sold to Santander Consumer Finance.

In March of last year, my wife was badly hurt at work. Hurt so bad I had to quit my job to see about her. Things were tight, but we still were able to pay the truck note. We went without eating several times, just to make the note. Eventually, I was able to work again, after I had moved by family who helped take care of my wife. Then, my wife's company cut off her work comp. payments, and we had to start the long process of a law suit.

We were left with just my paycheck. By this time, we had over two years of perfect payments, not even One late payment. But, we had fallen desperatly behind. They did work with us at first, but all downhill from there!

They gave us a deferrment and moved the late fees and penalties to the back of the loan and gave us until the next due date to make another payment. I was able to pay the next payment. It looked like we were getting back on track.

But not so fast-

I had a cut in pay, and told them I would be a little late on my next payment, but I could make it if I had a little lee-way. They said it was not possible. I asked if I could have one more deferrment. They said I just had one and was required to make at least one payment to qualify for another one. When I told them that I had made a payment, they told me I was lieing.

When I finally proved it to them, they said I still ahd to make one more payment to qualify for deferrment. I borrowed Money from family and made one more payment. Then they told me that I couldn't get a deferrment for another six months. And they said I owed interest on it, by the day.

By the next payment date, I was able to pay the regular note of $454.00. They said they wouldn't take it. They said I owed too much interest and that I needed to pay at least $800.00 and THEN the $454.00. I told them I wouldn't.

They called every hour every day for weeks. Finally, they made me an offer.

They said if I just pay a regular note, it would put all the interest on hold until the next pay date, which would give me time to raise the money.

I gave them the note. The next day, they called me and wanted money. I told them what was discussed. They said whoever made that "deal with you, lied to you. And now your interest is $2, 010.00"

Every time I call them, they lie to me. I give them money, and they call and want more.

Today, the truck was repossed while I was at someone's house! They pulled up right after me and hooked up.

I asked him to show me his papers stating he had the right to repossed, all he showed me was his IPHONE. And wouldn't let me read it.

Even my lawyer said it was repossessed illegally.

They don't care.

Over two years of perfect payments mean nothing!

• Tm
      Jun 03, 2016
    Santander Consumer - auto
    santander consumer
    Alabama

Well where do I begin, my car was finance with city-financal auto. About April or May i called them to find out the pay-off on my car they told me and we was working out the plans on my car. I went to call them again to find out for sure how much and how i go about to pay it off and i was redirected to SANTANDER CONSUMER, that is were it all began. They cold not get there facts, paper work, nor any conversation we had together. I would talk to three different people everytime I called. they would call me all hours of the day and night. Well I made all my payments as I told them I would. They tried to say
    I was 95 days past due and I wasn't. yes my car was to be paid off in september and i could not pay it in full so I was to be getting a mature ammendment loan, everytime i called they had is sent i would wait 3-5 days and nothing call them back and get told the same thing. It comes down to when they came and got my car, they had all the payments, and they came and got my car. when my husband talk to them the day they was here to get it they said they did not have my payment. After they left come to find out by my bank they had it. I went ahead to pay my car completly off and get it back and they said i could not have it back, I had to pay an additional $400.00 to get it WRONG I just paid every penny i owed on that car. needless to say i did get it back and did not have to pay the additional money. But just to say I WILL NEVER USE THEM IN MY LIFETIME. they can not get any of there stuff together, and they are some rude people to talk to and work with.