Santandar Consumer USA / keeing overayment

Phone: 1-800-222-4227

We bought a new car in September. Santandar was sent 9400.00. Our payoff was actually 9257.00. They were sent 143.00 too much. We have called them several times and they keep telling us that there was no overpayment made. Santandar is stealing our money. Santandar is breaking the law and from some of the other posts I have read, it is not the first time.

Comments

• Cg
      24th of Nov, 2010

Santander bought our car note from HSBC and never bothered to tell us about it...so for several months ..I continued to pay HSBC...and only after the third or so month did HSBC tell me they had sold the note to Santander...Santander is a debt collector...but they are not very good at it...when they don't inform their clients of any information...we only have one more payment...and then they can all kiss my rosy cheeks..including HSBC..

• Ti
      26th of Nov, 2010

It was the actual payoff. We were told several tmes by Santandar that we had a refund due. Last week when we called to see where our refund was, in the span of 10 minutes, we went from having a refund due to nothing. Someone apparently deleted our refund due, while we were on the phone. Thanks for the question Brenda!

• Ta
      9th of Dec, 2010

I have sent in the payoff of our auto loan Santander Consumer Bank allpied to $16, 903.93 to a wrong account. I have been calling for over a month with no resolve. Now the service department hangs upon me. This is the worst business I have EVER dealt with. I am just so angry with this business it is unreal how they are allowed to act and conduct business!!!

13th of Apr, 2011
    Santandar Consumer USA - Release of title

I paid my auto loan on time and in full, but now they say their policy is to hold the title until the check clears. I checked my bank account and they have the money but will not release the title for 30 days. They would not wait 30 days for a late payment. This is the WORST company in America!

• Iv
      24th of Oct, 2018

we all know santandar is the only bank willing to work with those with terribly low credit scores. they know this as well, which is how they get away with ripping us all off. if you didnt know this when you signed the loan with this company, you didnt read the agreement. we can hate santandar all we want; I know I do. Regardless, we have only two choices: pay the jerks or let them take our vehicles away! The best thing to do in this situation, if at all possible, is to pay your minimum due on time for several months or longer, then refinance with a better lender. Good luck everybody. I am currently 45 days delinquent, had my car repossessed by santandar once already, managed to get it back for an outrageously inflated payment, and am now nervous every morning as I step outside to make sure my car is still in the driveway. In other words, I totally feel your pain!