SANS Financial / Colothin / Collection effort for Coothin

1 Bloomington, MN, United States Review updated:

Collection attempt for Colothin scam. I attemped to contact Colothin and cancel my order for their trial offer when I found out that they had scammed me and charged my credit card with more than the agreed shipping charge for the FREE trial product. Citi card cancelled the card account number and issued a new card as well as refusing the unauthorized charges. Now five (5) months later I recieve a collection letter for the product which I have never recieved (because I cancelled payment after I failed to find a way to contact them) and never ordered. I told them to go right ahead and sue me.

Comments

• Am
      14th of Apr, 2010

I have the exact same problem...what did you do? When did this happen? and what became ofmit? Did they send it to collections? Was your credit ruined? How did it turn out?

• Ba
      15th of Apr, 2010

I also have gotten a letter about Slim 365 from Sans Financial saying I ordered products which I never did order or receive and have a $138.55 due.
    I called to explain and the woman hung up on me after I wouldn't divulge personal information
    after already giving her the account number.
    Is it fraud?
    Will it effect my credit?

15th of Apr, 2010

Yes, I believe this is a scam on the Slim 365. They sent us the same letter this week stating we owe $138.55 for a product we never ordered or received. I argued with the girl and asked her to provide me Proof of Delivery...which she said that they can not because the product was sent via U.S. Mail. I asked her to provide me with a credit card number that it was ordered on, but she declined saying it was confidential, but the CC had been declined. The only info she had was my name and address. She suggested that I file a police report and send them the report if I believe someone used my name to order it. So I spoke to the local police dept today and they said it was a SCAM. They said the company wants people to just pay the $138.55...or file a police report. If you file a police report and send the report to SANSFincancial/Slim 365 company will have your personal information...so DON'T. THIS IS A SCAM!!!

• Jl
      16th of Apr, 2010

I received the same exact letter. Slim 365 for $138.55. They can't tell you anything, when you ask to speak to a supervisor, "they are all in meetings." And when I asked to leave a message for a supervisor to call me back, "They don't make out bound calls". Complete SCAM!

• Jk
      16th of Apr, 2010

I also received a letter in the mail yesterday 4/15/2010. It says I owe $138.55. I had some strange purchases on my credit card in December-January for diet pills, and teeth whitening items I did not purchased. My credit card company said it was fraud and returned the fees and closed my account. ???? I also called and they wont do anything just want me to pay. Hope this isn't real and doesnt affect my credit i have worked so hard on!!

• Cf
      16th of Apr, 2010

I also received a letter today saying that i order a bottle of colothin and they tried to charge my account of $138. but my card declined and i have not received a thing from these people. c.foster

• Ne
      19th of Apr, 2010

I'm in the exact same situation with a teeth whitening scam.

Did you/ are you going to pay?
    What would happen then?

• Fr
      26th of Apr, 2010

I also received a letter from SANS financial for product that they say was never returned. They send this letter several months later hoping that you forget dates or are willing to cave into them to pay a bogus bill. I asked them to send me order dates as well as shipping records so I could match up with my post office receipt and Karissa stated that was not their policy. So I told her dealing with scam artists was not my policy! Noone should cave into these scam artists.

• Fo
      26th of Apr, 2010

I agree - I received the same letter today. Mine stated that I purchased Simple Cleanse and did not cancel within the 14 day period. I called SANS Financial and "Francis" was no help at all stating that they did not have any records, that the vendor did. I asked for the vendors phone number and she claims not to have it. She told me this claim would be sent to a colleciton agency. I am going to contact the FBI internet fraud division. Here is the link http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm. Good luck to all!

• Ne
      26th of Apr, 2010

So noone should pay them.
    I also found out that you definitely should not pay them through phone- by giving them your credit card number. The cycle will live on! So just be careful not to fall into ANOTHER one of their traps.
    This is so ridiculous!

• Tr
      26th of Apr, 2010

If you will forward me your information, I will look up your account and forward it to SANSFinancial to have your collection dropped. [protected]@trislimusa.com.

Glen