Sango / Faulty workmanship!

The Sango coffee cup model # 4933 ( china ), has a defect hairline crack from upper ream to below handle on three of the cups in the set. The defect did not become noticeable until after 90 days. I am not expecting compensation because of the delay in reporting but feel you should become aware of this faulty merchandise.

A  5th of Oct, 2009 by
I purchased Sango Concept Avocado dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, and coffee cups from Dillard's less than 2 years ago. I orginally picked out some Corelle Ware, but my husband didn't like the look. He thought that the Corelle Ware looked cheap. Now, two years later, I wish that I would have kept the Corelle. I had a set of Corelle Ware back in the early 80's, and they lasted. As far as I know, Corelle Ware is made in the states. When looking for dinnerware I wanted something made in the USA. The price was the same for both the Corelle Ware and the Sango Ware. Wish I'd insisted on keeping the Corelle. The Sango ware is made in China. Go figure. I wish that our Government would go ahead and wake up. Bringing jobs back to the states would help our economy. If corelle
ware is still made in the USA for the same price, why can't other products be made here at the same price. Maybe it is because quailty controll is kept at higher standards. I'd much rather pay at bit more for products here in the states, but every where you look, you see very little of Made in USA products. I wish Sam Walton was still alive. While he was alive, he did try to provide Made in USA products at Wal-Mart. Check now, and see where things are made.

Oh well, let me get back to the Sango ware. The back of the dinner ware states that it is Microwave safe. I've had 1 dinner plate, and one salad plate crack while in the microwave. All of the coffee cups have fine line cracks in the bottoms, and the bowls are now starting to have the fine line cracks in the glaze as well. I'm not sure who to complain to about this issue, but will keep looking. I plan on mailing one of the defective products back to the company. It will probably be a waste of time and money. At any rate, at least I can feel like I've had my say.