Sandrigde apartment / Mold and Water damage

1 4025 Burke RdPasadena, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-998-9774

My apartment has not been working with me since July 4th 2008. I have called over and over for them to come fix my A/c and it has never been a priority. Now with Hurrican Ike my apartment has damage. During the storm water licked from the 2nd store floor to my apartment. I have been displaced for 2 weeks. When I finally got electricity I went to my apartment to see the damage. I noticed a mold spot on the wall where my washer and dryer are located. My carpet had water damage all the way to my bathroom area. On sept23 they came in and cut out the sheet rock behind the washer and dryer. They put a blower underneath my carpet to dry it out. They told us that it would be done by Sept 23. As of Sept 24th my apartment has not been touched. Also, there is water damage to the ceiling and it has not been painted over. I have a 13 month son and my apartment is still not livable and they are not in any hurry to fix my apartment. I need someone to please call me and help this situation.

Thanks
Jamie Smith

Comments

In
  28th of Sep, 2008

Report it to the Dept. of Health and if its not livable than your not obkligated for rent, although it sounds to me that you should move anyhow. I had an apartment with Mold between the walls and found out when I reported that the previous tenant turned them in for mold. I was having major health issues. I flet better onve I moved and I broke my lease. They never came after me.