SanDisk / Warranty of little value

I bought a SanDisk 4GB Cruzer Titanium USB Flash Drive w/U3 that failed after only 9 months. Even though it is physically strong, the failure was a short in the circuits. I was told that a recovery company could open the flash drive and repair the circuits to recover the data for $125. Sandisk will only replace the flash drive if I sent it to them.

Demonstrating the flash drive at a store that sells Sandisk products; that it does not work is not enough for Sandisk to honor its warranty without my sending it to them. Due to the confidential nature of the data, I am unable to allow the flash drive out of my possession at the current time. Since the warranty is for 5 years, I will be able to send the flash drive to SanDisk in a couple of years; of course by then, a 4GB flash drive will have the same value as a 256MB flash drive has today.

If you use the flash drive for confidential data, do not expect the warranty to have any value and back it up it yourself on a weekly basis.

Ba

Comments

• Me
      14th of Sep, 2008

I have had a 2GB Sandisk Cruzer for almost 1.5 years, and its already failed! The warranty was only 1 year, so I cant take it back. Lexar seems to have the most reliable flash drives and they are really fast. I recently bought an 8GB Lexar Firefly and it works great.

• Ro
      9th of May, 2013
    SanDisk - Defective flash drive, bad customer service
    sand disk

I bought sand disk USB flash drive. I plugged it into my USB port in the computer. It keeps flashing and did not showed up. I tried to fix it for almost 2 hours and still it did not work. I had a project due and became desperate. This is brand new USB flash drive and my project is lengthy. I called Sand Disk technical support. Sand Disk has sourced out to India. I can't understand 1 word these people are saying. I will never buy another product Sand Disk makes. Bad quality and bad customer service.

• Ro
      9th of May, 2013

i Again called back customer service/technical support for Sand disk. they have soured IT TO INDIA. I DID NOT UNDERSTAND 1 WORD THE INDIAN SAID. THEY TALK RAPIDLY, ACCENT IS THICK AND NOT 1 WORD . i KEPT ASKING THEM TO REPEAT. THEY KEPT TALKING RAPIDLY. SAN DISK IS A DISGUSTING ROTTEN COMPANY SELLING GARBAGE PRODUCT AND EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT BUY ANY SAN DISK PRODUCT . YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH TECHNICAL SUPPORT IN INDIA AND THESE PEOPLE CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY CANNOT PRONOUNCE 1 WORD CORRECTLY AND TALK RAPIDLY LIKE A PARROT. I WAS TAKEN IN BY SAND DISK ADS.. NO MORE.