San Jacinto Methodist Hospital / Illegal Release of Sealed Records

1 4401 Garth RoadBaytown, TX, United States Review updated:

I went in for a Heart Attack, at some point from that point on, they released sealed records to my open file and to a practice within the same building as San Jacinto Methodist Hospital, Baytown TX. This is illegal !! The only reason any one can open them is if there is specific reason to do so. The hospital is the safe keeper and guadian of these records and are not kept wih your regular records. They are legally responsible. I tried reporting them to appropriate authorities, but their office was flooded and was not open. When I confronted the hospital I they used transfer phone tag, oh, Ill find out what happened and get back to you, etc ect. When I confronted the medical practice in possesion of them, they out right said had the right to them and where very nasty and hostile .. I guess if I where facing hundreds of thousands of dollars of fines and other potential litigation Id be defensive to. Ive been to ill to persue this matter. But, I would not use this hospital except in extreme emergency.

Dh

Comments

• Me
      9th of Sep, 2009

This hospital is immoral at least and practices fear and retaliation when complaints are made. The staff is threatened and in fear of losing their jobs if they complain. they do not give quality care and if someone gets upset with their abusive practices, they will have you arrested for disorderly conduct. Look at the Baytown crime reports and see how many people have gone to jail seeking medical treatment at this hospital.

Beware and stay away even in an emergency