Samuri Shark / Samuri shark tool and handling costs

The tool itself, supposed to sharpen just about anything, leaves nicks in blades, but most egregious is that there are no "freebies" as the tv ad implies - they cover the total cost and profit of the products with an enormous handling charge, $24 for something it costs UPS under $4 to deliver. This is a total scam. It's returnable, but of course they will not refund their highly excessive processing charge. I am reporting this to our State consumer fraud division and returning it on principal as well as dissatisfaction with the product.

Also, you can't get a human being to ask any questions of when you phone, I finally hung up hoping they would simply not send it. No web site has specifics on returns.

A  18th of Aug, 2007 by
I replying to both complaining on both sites. I feel this is false advertisement. And then when you call the customer service number you wait 25 minutes with no response. Besides cheating you out of your money, they wont answer their phone. The 100% satisfaction part will never get to them in time because they do not answer. This tell me not to order again by mail. tks jr
A  12th of Dec, 2007 by
We ended up with over $110.00 of charges. GET YOUR MONEY BACK the way we did. Sinply contact the credit card company you used to place the order and say you were ripped off. They will freeze your charges and launch an investigation. Scam artists loke these don't have a leg to stand on and don't like investigations. We returned everything except one sharpener, the scissors and one set of mats at our cost of shipping, but probably didn't have to. (Harbor Freight sells almost identical scissors for $1.00 a pair.)
A  20th of Dec, 2007 by
When checking my checking account I noticed I was charged 101.55. I ordered 3 of the sharpners to get 6 plus the set of shears with each order. When I called customer service to find out what I was charged for he explained that I was being charged a handling fee of 7.95 per item being sent. When I asked to cancel the order he explained that the handling fee would still be charged. I then asked for the address to send for small claim court he did give me an address. I have not checked with my bank to see if I am guarded against this type of scam but I will. Do not order these items no matter how well they might work. The bad thing about this is it is Christmas and I'm pinching pennies because of a divorce thats been going on for 3 yrs and was going to try to purchase one item per child(2) for Christmas, now I guess they get a knife sharpner and a pair of shears.
N  23rd of Feb, 2008 by

Samuri Shark - Never got order
Phone: 423-972-3022

I ordered a samuri sharpener over 9 weeks ago and have not seen it yet, but they sure didn't waste no time taking the money for it out of my bank account. Two days after I odered the sharpeners they took the money out.
N  23rd of Feb, 2008 by
I ordered 3 of the sharpeners, the 2 for 1 deal plus one extra. I was charged $50 but it did not go through until right before I received the order, which took about 3 weeks. I received the order today. Instead of receiving the three sharpeners, I received 2 sharpeners plus four sets of scissors (eight total) and a chef's knife. I actually like the scissors and the knife better than the sharpeners. I've tried the sharpeners and they work okay on chefs knives but didn't get any decent result, other than a pile of shavings, on pocket knives, serrated blades or scissors. The scissors and knife I received work great (so far). I'll just continue to use my ceramic blade sharpener and use the scissors and knife as long as they last.
A  23rd of Feb, 2008 by
Against better judgement, I ordered the Samurai Shark. Once into the phone call with an electronic service and after I gave my credit card -- I realized I was screwed. I just didn't know how bad since they don't confirm your order. If you can make it through the 30 minute order call they don't tell you what you have ordered. I thought I was doing good saying ""no" as they attempt to add additional items onto your order even though you say "no." I was doing good until I coughed and then heard a Thank You. I ended up with four Samurai Sharks for a total of $41.80 -- one for $10.00, three free, plus the shipping and handling. Compared to other posts I guess I got off lucky. I haven't decided what I plan to do. It seems like there is very little recourse, but I will never do this again.
N  22nd of Mar, 2008 by
Just go to your local CVS store, they sell all the stuff advertized on TV. I bought a Samuri Shark for $10.00... no shipping or handeling...
A  15th of Apr, 2008 by
UPDATE to complaint I posted 124 days ago that said..."We ended up with over $110.00 of charges. GET YOUR MONEY BACK the way we did."

Well, boys and girls, I'm sorry to say we haven't got it back yet. The credit card company initially froze the charge, but now wants me to repeat justifying the reason for not wanting to pay it. Meanwhile. I noticed they charged my card again. All they have to do is check out this website to prove this company is as crooked as one can get. You can guess why they don't. Hundreds (or thousands) of orders are processed through them for a fee from the seller who is as much of a customer to them as the card holder.

Maybe I'll go to Small Claims court and let an unbiased party do what the State Attorney Generals office is supposed to do... fine and/or jail all the scam artists like this. SC court won't do either, but at least they can recoupe my loss. I wish somebody would shut that a**hole Billy May up!
N  3rd of Jun, 2008 by

Samuri Shark - Never got order
Samuri Shark

Billy Mays TV add for the Samuri Shark Knife Sharpener. I order from a tv ad and I called them to order it and you never talk to a person, for one reason. Then a couple of days later my account was charged, but I never got any of the products. What really jerks me is they never show the address to wright to long enough to copy it. How many others like me are making them rich? Does anyone have the address that would forward to me? Thank you...Rich