Samurai Shark / overcharging and lack of customer service

United States Review updated:
Phone: 18665047705

I just got off the phone with the supposed Customer Service for Samurai Shark. I say supposed because when I called in to lodge a complaint and asked for the address to send a written complaint to they told me they were a 3rd party and that they did not have an email or postal address to write or anything else of use. I find this absolutely mind boggling. Unfortunately, I did not read the postings about what a scam samurai sharks were ahead of time. I purchased 3 Samurai Sharks which were $10 each. Although the website mentions the $7.95 extra for Processing (not Postage) and Handling, nowhere does it clearly state that they will charge $7.95 for every item they throw in the box, 8 of which were FREE! This came to a total of $30.00 for merchandise actually purchased, and this by the way, is all the credit card states, with a P&H charge of $55.65. So, for a product that I probably didn't need, and arrived 2 months after I ordered it, I paid almost twice the price for P&H which was not explained in a lucid manner upfront. Now, I would like to file a BBB complaint and cannot even find a state, much less an address to use to file the complaint. NEVER EVER do business with these people. If anyone knows an address to use to file with the BBB, please post it. Thank you.

Comments

Ma
  22nd of Aug, 2007

Samurai Shark` - Charged my account without permission!

Overcharged in march, I called and canceled and it was not sent. Then in june again charged 33.85 to my account. I called from bank on June 18, 2007. It still arrived with like one in envelope by the feel. I sent back same day July 5th.

I have faxed continually and called. 6 weeks later I called demanding my money be put back in my account she said fine. Three days later I called again and she said they have already done the $10.00 which not even that was put back in my account. I said it was not authorized she said they would then put in another $15.00. I said give me your supervisor so she put me over to an answer phone. I left a message that I would contact the District attorney. How can these people charged your account over and over, without you re-ordering and then refusing to give you back the full amount. They caused a disabled women, who is an animal SPCA bounced charges, etc. and refusing to return the original money they have stolen. Now I have to cancel my card and get another so that they don't do this again. These thief's should be prosecuted.
Sa
  29th of Aug, 2007
I bought the special, and two of the three sharpeners have broken... It's just a matter of time until the third one breaks I'm sure.
Do
  6th of Sep, 2007
I'm 82 years old and on social security. I had my husband order the samurai scissors and knife sharpeners. Buy one for $10.00 and get the second pair of scissors and sharpener free plus S & H (no amount was stated).The total of my purchase was $20.00 and I received instead of 2 pairs of scissors and 2 knife sharpeners I got 4 pairs of scissors and 4 knife sharpeners and I was charged $47.70 for P & H along with the original $20.00 on the scissors a total of $67.70!! I can't afford this!! My daughter contacted the company and got their answering service go between and they stated they would credit me $15.90 and they would contact the cooperate office and have them contact us as far as any further type of refund. A week and 3 days later my daughter contacted the customer service line again and asked for the gal she originally talked to who was unavailable. The representative she talked to this time said they hadn't heard back from the corporate office yet and stated we have refunded your mom $15.90. My daughter explained my financial dilemna and asked for a phone number or address for the corporate office the gal said she didn't have that information. So my daughter asked about a refund and she instructed my daughter on the process to send these items back however she said when they received them they would refund her $35.91 back. When my daughter go off the phone and calculated it up the total refund they were giving me was $51.81 which was still short $15.89. My daughter is considering contacting the attorney general's office in New York to file a complaint. By the way the address for the Samurai Shark (SAS) company is: P.O. Box 129, Tarrytown, NY. 10591 for anyone else out there that has been ripped off by this company and would like to pursue it farther.
Ba
  20th of Feb, 2008

Samurai Shark - Overcharged!
Samurai Shark
Fallon

I ordered the Samurai Shark and was told in an email it would be 25.90. They charged my account 41.80. How do you fix this when no one will call you back.
Km
  26th of Feb, 2008
I had about the same experience with this company. We called in our order. I think the deal was buy one shark and get a pair of scissors free and then they were giving us a second set (shark and scissors) free. They do state in the ad as fast as they can that there will be separate shipping and handling charges for each shark mailed....including the free ones. Unfortunate we did not catch it until after we purchased them. We were very stunned at how much the shipping and handling was for 4 small items.
Ke
  11th of Mar, 2008

Samurai Shark - Scam and cheating!
Samurai Shark
Wisconsin

The Samurai Shark is a cheap made over rated piece of garbage. I bought one and tried to sharpen my knives at home according to the instructions and I ruined two good blades and the shark broke. After this happening I will never buy another thing that Mr. Mays says is so wonderful and works so well! My eye, It is all junk and made in China.
Le
  19th of Mar, 2008
I ordered the Samurai Shark, buy get one free!
Was billed $25.90, fine then I was charged $41.80 later. Contacted them and was told they had no record of a $41.80 charged to my card.

Been working on this with them for over a week and so far all i get is they have no record of that charge. Guess I will have to go to the credit card co. to try to get it removed!! No more ordering from a TV add!!!
Do
  21st of Mar, 2008
I want to make the complaint against SAMURAI SHARK..They finally sent me the kits and ordered first kit and been waited for a long time so I ordered again and never dreamed that they sent me two kits which charged too much. I ordered one and will send other kits to get all the refunds to my credit card.. One kit for a long time to receive then again other kit sent quickly and I was pissed off..

My account #0012629348

Order # S252997900012

I already opened it and other ones I dont open as cannot give the order number.. will return it back.. Thanks!!
Ta
  3rd of Apr, 2008
My mother attempted to order the Samurai Shark, against my advisement. When she called the number on T.V. the call was completely computer generated and after putting in her credit card number the call was disconnected by the computer. My mother did not get a confirmation number or anything. We assumed the order did not go through. I watched her account and nothing was ever taken out.

My mother again called and attempted to place an order (much to my dismay and against my advisement) and the same thing happened. At least a month after my mother’s second attempt to order the Samurai Shark her bank account was charged twice by this company for $33.85 both times.

I checked their website and found a disclaimer stating orders could be canceled before credit cards were charged and with the confirmation numbers. We had no reason to believe either order had gone through before my mother’s account was charged and she didn’t get a confirmation numb either time so if we had thought the order had been placed we wouldn’t have been able to cancel.

We are disputing the charge with the bank and have returned the items (even though my mother’s attempts to place an order were a month apart, she was charged on the same day for both orders and both orders arrived on the same day – one was even in the name my phone is listed under, my mother’s initial’s and median name).

I have called the so-called customer service number twice and both times the same person, a girl calling herself April has answered the phone. She even remembered the first time I called and that I spoke with Tim (a supervisor or manager supposedly). Having worked at a call center before I know the odds of getting the same person are next to none and to remember that the person spoke with a member of management and who that person was is remarkable.

I am going to do everything in my power to get rid of all infomercials and am going to find a lawyer to start a class action lawsuit. I will post more information here when I have the details beginning with a petition.

Good luck to all of you and to anyone who is considering ordering the Samurai Shark, DON’T’! If it’s any good at all it will be available at a local store and the taxes you would be charged will be less than the shipping/handling/processing and if it doesn’t work or if it breaks, you can take it back and get your money back. This is one lesson you don’t have to learn from your mistake, use my mother’s or any other listed here.