Samsung TV / poor after sales service

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
After purchasing a 47" samsung tv ($1500) that needed a $500 repair only 3 1/2 years after purchase, I contacted samsung head office three times. Was totally ignored! I will never purchase another product with the samsung name... All they are interested in is the sale. Customer feedback/relations doesn't exist with this company.
Re

Comments

To
  1st of Mar, 2011
42" but after 3 years it just died. They used cheap parts in the power supply. It cost $300 to fix. It's a well known problem but Samsung will not step up and provide a fix. That's ok I simply won't buy anything made by Samsung.
Tr
  26th of Apr, 2011
Good luck to you.
My new Samsung 3D plasma TV die after 42 days. I have been waiting for service since Dec 3, 2010 - 145 days ago. The "Service Call Center" is useless & lied constantly.
On April 1st (day 120), someone from Samsung Electronics Canada called to offer me a Service Exchange. After another 25 days, nothing happens. She will not response to my phone messages & emails. Calling to the "Service Call Center" results in another 30+ minutes of lies. The person even told me they will have a NEW unit ship to me in 2 days.
However, we are supposed to get a "RA Credit" issued to FutureShop to do an exchange locally. So many times they told us something are coming in 3 weeks, then they changed the story so I need to call the "Service Call Center" again. My service ticket: 4100774094
Can you imagine 145 days without a TV, after you paid for it. I wish you luck.
We as consumers have to come together to protect our rights.
Je
  30th of May, 2011
we bought a ext 3 yaer warranty now we find out company is out of buisness.So i guess were stuck

Samsung Electronics Logo Samsung Electronics