Samsung - SGH-F250 / Dissapointment after traumatic robbery

1 South Africa Review updated:

On the 17th June 2008 my twin sister and I woke up to find a man in our bedroom who then proceeded to rob my family and I of our belongings leavings us traumatised and unable to contact the police as he had taken all our cellphones aswell.

The very next day my mother - who is a single mom - then took us too replace our stolen cellphons in the hope that this gesture would ease our trauma somewhat. Because of the knowledge that my mother does not have a lot of money, she urged us to take cellphones that are of high quality and that would last a long time. As a person who lives by music and felt that this would add to me healing faster, my choice was a Samsung SGH - F250 - "Change the tune of your life." Oh and did that tune change.

As happy as I was the day the phone was purchased...it was only after I had charged the phone a total number of four times that the charging process began to be problematic. Three weeks into owning the phone I then had to begin using an elastic band to assist the phone to charge untill the phone ceased charging altogether. This was week four and three days.

I then took the phone in for repairs and was told that to fix the phone would cost me R1000 to fix - ridiculous considering I had paid R1500 - as the charging socket was damaged internally. I was then balemed for this damage. How I could possibly damage the cellphones internally is beyond me.

I am so very dissapointed by Samsung don't see how I could ever purchase a product by the as I now view them as weak, unreliable, poorly made and of very poor quality. The result of purchsing this phone added to the stress of a break in and the problems of being without a phone. I im yet to have a phone of my own due to financial straints and just cannot understand why Samsung had to add to this.

I really hope that Samsung can somehow undo the impression they have left in my mind and heart and really hope that no one has to go through what I did. Justice must be done as the effect of mass produced and poorly made phones has a bigger result that one may think.

I really am saddened by Samsung and would advise anyone to purchase a different phone in future.

Vu

Comments

• Vu
      19th of Mar, 2009

Samsung phones are of very low quality. They should really stick to their electronics as the quality of their phones is a big fat joke if you ask me. Quality is really hard to find in this day and age.