Samsung LCD TV / lcd tv screen

China Review updated:
Dear distingushed sir,
I have bought an lcd tv of samsung (La40n71bx) on may 7, 2007 in the local electronics chain store, su ning electronics store, in chengdu, sichuan, china. It was installed in my house on juen 22, 2007. After not more than half an year, the screen of this tv turned black with only sounds of the programme. So we asked the after-selling service department of samsung in china to repair it. After three times' repairement it did not work at all. Then the headquater of the after-selling service department of samsung in beijing, china, offered a new screen for me for free on 26 december, 2007. But still after a short time just before the earthquake of this year the same problem occured again! At that time my husband informed the after-selling service department of samsung in china, and they advised us to continue to observe it. That's exactly before this year's earthquake happed in my province, sichuan, in the may of 2008. After the earthquake, when we calmed down we still noticed the problem once in a while. On the evnng of november 25, 2008, it totally turned into a blank with a little dark light on my tvsreen. I informed the after-selling service department of samsung in china of this bad news, they send a repairman the next day and the repairmen examinde my tv carefully with a conllusion that it was the problem of the screen again!
But this time the after-selling service department of samsung in beijing, china, refused to exchange a new and qualified lcd screen for me for free, because, as they insisted, the time of guarantee of my tv was expired. I doubted weather they referred to authorized three gurantees for the tv products. According to it, all the tv products should be guranteed a free repairment, or exchange afted three usesless repairment wihtin one year, and if some parts of the tv products have been exchanged, the time for the three gurantees should be renewed. That means my tv screen should be exchanged with a new one for free. But they insisted on charging me for a new one.
I have three questions:
1. Since there is no specific law to regulate the three gurantees for lcd tv products in china, to which law or rule does samsung refer ?What's more, according to it, all the tv produces should be guranteed a free repairment, or exchange afted three usesless repairment wihtin one year, and if some parts of the tv products have been exchanged, the time for the three gurantees should be renewed.
2. If samsung referrs to the normal tvproduces ' three gurantees law in china, samsung should be well aware of the regulations in this law that a color tv should be guranteed for one year, with its main parts such as display tube within at least 3 years. Since an lcd tv has no display tube, its lcd screen should be its main part as display tube to a color tv.
3. As the same problem has happend to the sme part of my lcd tv which was exchanged not more than one year ago, how could the after-selling service department of samsung in china calculated its gurantee time from the very beginning of the buying.
I stongly object to the policy and attitude of samsung towards its consumer! I strongly throw doubt on the quality of any samsung's products! I confirmly require samsung to exchange a new tv screen for me for free and also provede me an authorized written gurantee for the quality of it with a renewal of the gurantee time.
Yours sincerely,
P. R. C.

Comments

Ja
  8th of Jul, 2009
My story is almost the same as yours. My 32" Samsung got black after 3 month, on July 2008 they have to change a Samsung-made screen, the original one is made in Taiwan.

On July 2009, My "baby" cannot power on, LED on the power button blinking. I called Sumsung Beijing, they will not give me free service, I told them 1)why your machine can only work for 1 year, 2) why your m/c will get dead always on July, hottest days.
My conclusion is your product must have defection on heatsunk.
I rejected their changeable service, it should be free if proved to be a defection.
I checked by myself, part of the Power board was burnt. I quickly brought 10 same ICs, why 10 pcs, as I think it will be damaged again for sure, I changed new ICs, test the temperture, CRAZY, one switcher IC is 70C and another Power IC is 77C, very hot, you cannot put your fingers on, stupid design!!!---no heatsunk for these hot ICs
I cannot let my "baby" work hot like that, At first I want to use fan, but no room for the fan. Have to use heatsunk, I moved away some components arround these hot ICs to get enough clearance for the heatsunk, then made special heatsunk to fix on them.
Now temperture is under 50C, I think my bad "baby" now is cool for the summer.

My conclusion is if you do not do anything to change their design, your samsung need to be repaired every year, mostly dead day is July --
Ja
  9th of Aug, 2009
Also for my case.
Last Dec 2008 I bought a 37-inch Samsung LCD TV. Some sort of a gift for myself. Then just last June 27, 2009 when I turn on the TV only the sound is functioning, then of course I done the regular diagnostic and retrieved the tv owner's manual for the troubleshooting but unfortunately it can't be fixed. Since its still under 1yr warranty I called up Samsung Customer hotline to report the issue, I tried to call up everyday to follow up and until now still no schedule on when they can repair my unit. It's really disappointing!
Id
  26th of Jan, 2010
I bought a Samsung Blu-ray home theatre system HT-BD2R, in November 2008. It developed a fault (rejecting discs) recently. The Samsung workshop diagnosed (cost sixty pounds) a faulty mother-board (cost One Hundred and Eighty pounds) and suspected faulty loading board (no longer in production). I was advised to buy a new system. Since I am stuck with 7 SPEAKERS and a subwoofer that are still good, could anyone suggest a good substitute blu-ray dvd player that will compliment the good components that I still have? I WILL CERTAINLY NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN IF THIS ONE CANNOT BE FIXED.

A COMPANY THAT CANNOT SUSTAIN ITS PRODUCTS IS NOT FIT TO LIVE. GOOD RIDDANCE TO SAMSUNG!!!
Kabb50