Samsung LCD TV / lcd tv screen
Dear distingushed sir,
I have bought an lcd tv of samsung (La40n71bx) on may 7, 2007 in the local electronics chain store, su ning electronics store, in chengdu, sichuan, china. It was installed in my house on juen 22, 2007. After not more than half an year, the screen of this tv turned black with only sounds of the programme. So we asked the after-selling service department of samsung in china to repair it. After three times' repairement it did not work at all. Then the headquater of the after-selling service department of samsung in beijing, china, offered a new screen for me for free on 26 december, 2007. But still after a short time just before the earthquake of this year the same problem occured again! At that time my husband informed the after-selling service department of samsung in china, and they advised us to continue to observe it. That's exactly before this year's earthquake happed in my province, sichuan, in the may of 2008. After the earthquake, when we calmed down we still noticed the problem once in a while. On the evnng of november 25, 2008, it totally turned into a blank with a little dark light on my tvsreen. I informed the after-selling service department of samsung in china of this bad news, they send a repairman the next day and the repairmen examinde my tv carefully with a conllusion that it was the problem of the screen again!
But this time the after-selling service department of samsung in beijing, china, refused to exchange a new and qualified lcd screen for me for free, because, as they insisted, the time of guarantee of my tv was expired. I doubted weather they referred to authorized three gurantees for the tv products. According to it, all the tv products should be guranteed a free repairment, or exchange afted three usesless repairment wihtin one year, and if some parts of the tv products have been exchanged, the time for the three gurantees should be renewed. That means my tv screen should be exchanged with a new one for free. But they insisted on charging me for a new one.
I have three questions:
1. Since there is no specific law to regulate the three gurantees for lcd tv products in china, to which law or rule does samsung refer ?What's more, according to it, all the tv produces should be guranteed a free repairment, or exchange afted three usesless repairment wihtin one year, and if some parts of the tv products have been exchanged, the time for the three gurantees should be renewed.
2. If samsung referrs to the normal tvproduces ' three gurantees law in china, samsung should be well aware of the regulations in this law that a color tv should be guranteed for one year, with its main parts such as display tube within at least 3 years. Since an lcd tv has no display tube, its lcd screen should be its main part as display tube to a color tv.
3. As the same problem has happend to the sme part of my lcd tv which was exchanged not more than one year ago, how could the after-selling service department of samsung in china calculated its gurantee time from the very beginning of the buying.
I stongly object to the policy and attitude of samsung towards its consumer! I strongly throw doubt on the quality of any samsung's products! I confirmly require samsung to exchange a new tv screen for me for free and also provede me an authorized written gurantee for the quality of it with a renewal of the gurantee time.
College of foreign languages
P. R. C.
More Samsung LCD TV Complaints & Reviews
- Samsung - refrigerator - I am totally unsatisfied with samsung! 
- Samsung Uk Promo - scam mail! 
- Samsung - customer service 
- Samsung India Software Operations - employees harassment from siso md. 
- Samsung - unbelievably bad customer service! 
- Samsung Mobile Gt-s3770 - replacement
- Samsung - samsung galaxy grand prime
- Samsung - fraudulent business practices 
- Samsung TV - 55 inch smart tv - ua55hu7000r
- Samsung - note 5