Samsung Laptop / poor quality product - sudden death, appalling customer & support & services & refused to honour warranty with excuses

Samsung: poor quality product - sudden death, appalling customer & ldquo;support” & & ldquo;services”, refused to honour warranty with excuses - deny the existence of & lsquo;purchase date” shown on bios….

Https://www.facebook.com/mar. seven.35/posts/[protected]

Purchased a brand new samsung np-rv520-a07uk laptop on november 2012. it suddenly stopped working - simply won’t turn on (no power - battery & charger works fine).

It was still under warranty so took it to the authorised service centre & ldquo;samuel king ltd uk” (19/06/2013) who refused to handle the laptop as I was unable to locate and therefore produce a receipt. contacted samsung support [protected], [protected]@contactus. samsung.com) as advised who:

(1) initially denied the existence of & lsquo;purchase date” shown on the bios which should have established when the unit was purchased!

(2) eventually, she acknowledged after consulting with someone else. but now she had another excuse & ndash; claimed that it is inadequate as & lsquo;purchase date’ can be changed!

(3) she then flogged me off by saying someone from customer & ldquo;services” will call me as she simply cannot help despite the fact it is still under warranty if we go by the manufacturing date of the unit (november 2011) & ndash; which she claimed that samsung accept (i am referring to eu directive & ldquo;1999/44/ec, page 7”). this was echoed by an android from the & ldquo;online support team”: & lsquo;…i can't assist you with a repair, your case has been escalated above tech support to customer services, I am afraid you will have to wait for their decision…. & rsquo;….

A presumptuous individual from & ldquo;customer support centre” (uk. [protected]@samsung.com) called back just after I sent another email on 21 june 2013 16:37:06, rehearsing the same trick as the customer & ldquo;support”:

(1) again, she was unaware of the existence of & lsquo;purchase date” shown on the bios.

(2) but wanted to flog me to the customer & ldquo;support & ldquo;again as she claimed not being technical (i was pressing about the & lsquo;purchase date’). I did not accept so as not to exhaust my energy in an endless cycle!!! this was repeated again in a different tone by another android via email when I wanted them to explain purpose of & lsquo;purchase date” in writing.

Samsung never answered my questions (sent via [protected]@kazoo.co. uk, [protected]@redconsultancy.com - their presscorporate contacts) :

(1) the purpose of & lsquo;purchase date’ shown on the bios?

(2) why conveniently disregard purpose of & lsquo;purchase date’ shown on the bios even if it can be changed? if we apply the same logic, why even ask for receipt which can also be changed/forged, etc. ? you have to check first and then claim whether it’s changed, forged, etc. ! in any case, if it is true, it simply demonstrate a design flaw by samsung & ndash; unfit for purpose. having said this, I recall updating bios which did not change & lsquo;purchase date’.

Very disappointed with: (a) samsung product - a laptop failed within 7 months with light use & ndash; it still looks practically new & ndash; not even a spot. (b) customer & ldquo;support” and & ldquo;service” knowledge of their own product that defies reality and logic. (c) denials & endless cycle is to ensure you don’t get the supportwarranty you are entitled to. (d) unlike other decent companies, I was unable to find any complaint procedures.

For the avoidance of doubt the & lsquo;purchase date’ is shown on the samsung laptops. unfortunately, my family has purchased two samsung laptops (never again) and screenshots can be found here https://www.facebook.com/mar. seven.35/posts/[protected] are from my niece working np300e5a-a0guk taken 5 minutes ago, purchased before my np-rv520-a07uk (on 25/08/12).

I have updated bios on both laptops and it did not change the date! as you can also see, the date shown after date of actual purchase as it was delivered afterwards!

Samsung Laptop

Jul 05, 2013

Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Samsung Laptop - No response
    Samsung
    Saudi Arabia

I buyed a new Samsung laptop on 18 August 2012, on 02 of September its display went off. same day i went the shop where i buy it. he told me the address of Samsung Authirised service center. i went there and submitted it. they told me that it will take 1 week, u will get SMS. but it has been almost 1 month but nothing i got. i went personally thr again but the same response, after 1 week.
    I m having serious problem, i need work it on regularly.
    This was first Samsung product, i regrets.

• Mr
      Sep 25, 2012

You should download more RAM.

• 70
      Jul 05, 2013

SAMSUNG: POOR QUALITY PRODUCT - SUDDEN DEATH, APPALLING CUSTOMER “SUPPORT” & “SERVICES”, REFUSED TO HONOUR WARRANTY WITH EXCUSES- DENY THE EXISTENCE OF ‘PURCHASE DATE” SHOWN ON BIOS….

Purchased a brand new Samsung NP-RV520-A07UK laptop on November 2012. It suddenly stopped working - simply won’t turn on (no power - battery & charger works fine).

It was still under warranty so took it to the Authorised Service Centre “Samuel King LTD UK” (19/06/2013) who refused to handle the laptop as I was unable to locate and therefore produce a receipt. Contacted Samsung Support [protected], [protected]@contactus.samsung.com) as advised who:

(1) Initially denied the existence of ‘Purchase Date” shown on the BIOS which should have established WHEN the unit was purchased!

(2) Eventually, she acknowledged after consulting with someone else. But now she had another excuse – claimed that it is inadequate as ‘Purchase Date’ can be changed!

(3) She then flogged me off by saying someone from Customer “Services” will call me as she simply cannot help despite the fact it is still under warranty if we go by the manufacturing date of the unit (November 2011) – which she claimed that Samsung accept (I am referring to EU directive “1999/44/EC, page 7”). This was echoed by an android from the “Online Support Team”: ‘…I can't assist you with a repair, your case has been escalated above tech support to customer services, I am afraid you will have to wait for their decision….’….

A presumptuous individual from “Customer Support Centre” (uk.[protected]@samsung.com) called back just after I sent another email on 21 June 2013 16:37:06, rehearsing the same trick as the Customer “Support”:

(1) Again, she was unaware of the existence of ‘Purchase Date” shown on the BIOS.

(2) But wanted to flog me to the Customer “Support “again as she claimed not being technical (I was pressing about the ‘Purchase Date’). I did not accept so as not to exhaust my energy in an endless cycle!!! This was repeated again in a different tone by another android via email when I wanted them to explain purpose of ‘Purchase Date” in writing.

Samsung never answered my questions (sent via [protected]@kazoo.co.uk, [protected]@redconsultancy.com - their presscorporate contacts):

(1) The purpose of ‘Purchase Date’ shown on the BIOS?

(2) Why conveniently disregard purpose of ‘Purchase Date’ shown on the BIOS even if it can be changed? If we apply the same logic, why even ask for receipt which can also be changed/forged, etc.? You have to check first and then claim whether it’s changed, forged, etc.! In any case, if it is true, it simply demonstrate a design flaw by Samsung – unfit for purpose. Having said this, I recall updating bios which did not change ‘Purchase Date’.

Very disappointed with: (a) Samsung Product - a laptop failed within 7 months with light use – it still looks practically new – not even a spot. (b) Customer “Support” and “Service” knowledge of their own product that defies reality and logic. (c) Denials & endless cycle is to ensure you don’t get the supportwarranty you are entitled to. (d) Unlike other decent companies, I was unable to find any complaint procedures.

------

For the avoidance of doubt the ‘Purchase Date’ is shown on the Samsung laptops. Unfortunately, my family has purchased two Samsung laptops (NEVER AGAIN) and screenshots can be found here https://www.facebook.com/mar.seven.35/posts/1378234482394648 are from my niece working NP300E5A-A0GUK taken 5 minutes ago, purchased before my NP-RV520-A07UK (on 25/08/12).

I have updated BIOS on both laptops and it did not change the date! As you can also see, the date shown after date of actual purchase as it was delivered afterwards!